Author Topic: Driving in russia  (Read 2580 times)

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Re: Driving in russia
« Reply #15 on: 28-11-2012, 23:11:04 »
the best

XD

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-11-2012, 23:11:16 »
Holy shit!! hahaha, Russians officially win, everything.
I do have a folding shovel and hammer-hatchet in my car, but its purely for practical purposes :D
(unless I'll go to Russia)
« Last Edit: 29-11-2012, 00:11:35 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-11-2012, 00:11:20 »
It would still be practical.

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
« Reply #18 on: 29-11-2012, 00:11:01 »
Now i get it why my dad always took a Cobra Baton with him when traveling east ..

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-11-2012, 00:11:36 »
Since I was threatened with firearms by neo-fascists at a red light 15 years ago, I prefer to have a baseball bat in my car. Had no use for it since then.

But that video above ^^  :o

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-11-2012, 15:11:06 »
Since I was threatened with firearms by neo-fascists at a red light 15 years ago, I prefer to have a baseball bat in my car.

yeah makes sense to bring a bat to a gun fight -
Sry but yeah :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YgMGeqMMygk

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-11-2012, 17:11:06 »
Happens every day. And if they drag you out of your car and beat you, you can't do anything in the courts without witnesses or video evidence. Drive in Russia long enough, it will happen to you.

So as long as they hit you first and you have it on video, you can kill them ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aEvJruWqAk
Actually it's in Chechnya, and it's part of wedding rituals there where you most stay the closest possible to the new married couple's car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58HfrGRr5s
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-11-2012, 19:11:34 »
What? I lived in the region for almost ten years and never heard of that one.

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-11-2012, 14:11:19 »
motorcade Russia style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui07fFn4UWA

dunno why the guy wrote putin in the title though, since its Ramzan Kadyrov's motorcade. couldnt find the original upload anymore which stated that.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01-12-2012, 14:12:26 »
I finally got around watching the entire video from first post. Now I've got some questions, as there is some stuff which is really funny (like the motorcycle guy going into the garden, or the driving haystack), but there is also stuff which makes me wonder wtf just happened:

- At 2:41 and 4:17 for example, what are they doing in that car? It looks like fireworks or something.
- At 4:03, what is that guy driving into?
- How many drivers in Russia are drunk?
- Or is their behaviour explainable in any other way?
- Is this in any way representative? Or are these all exceptional?
- How is Russian esteem for human life? I have seen some examples in which it looks like they simply don't care whether someone will survive or not

Offline hslan.Grim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01-12-2012, 15:12:18 »
2:41 are electric wires that fall down if I'm correct.
4:03 looks like tram wires that were broken and the car got caught in it.
4:17 looks like a thunderstrike

About your other points I can only guess. Russia is a big country so if you make this for the whole of Europe or USA you might get the same. And I also think most of these videos just come from a bad part of Russia. But you never know, Russia does look like a place every1 is drunk, stupid and dangerous if you see these videos (probably a culture thing) :)

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-12-2012, 17:12:14 »
alot has to do with how many russians have those dashcams, if i had one installed i could have made a nice compilation of the past years of what ive seen.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05-12-2012, 17:12:35 »
alot has to do with how many russians have those dashcams, if i had one installed i could have made a nice compilation of the past years of what ive seen.

Driving in LA makes me want a dash cam.  Most recently I almost smashed into a giant pile of house insulation that fell off the back of a heavily overloaded truck, on the freeway.  Was luckily able to swerve out of the way at the last moment.  Then yesterday, when getting off the freeway, the car in front of me suddenly slammed on her brakes about 3-4 car lengths away from the car in front of her, causing me to have to hit my brakes, and quickly realize I would not be able to stop, before managing to swerve nearly off the road and barely avoiding the bitch.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-12-2012, 20:12:53 »
OK, so you saw a shooting on the streets, an accident where the passengers simply got out and walked off leaving the car in the middle of the road? That kind of stuff?

Because I have some experience on the road and I have never even seen a crash like some in the video happen: only once I saw some cars touching each other, but no frontal collisions like you can see in the vid.

Biiviz

« Reply #29 on: 06-12-2012, 00:12:23 »
Been in three crashes myself. One when I was a kid sitting in the front seat sleeping, we hit a deer, I didn't wake up until half an hour later when the cops showed up and thought I was injured. Our car was demolished. I had no injuries.

Second time my friends was driving, we had had a long day in school so we were tired. He's eyes drifted off to something at the side of the road and the car in front emergency braked. We hit the car at about 60 km/h, front was demolished. I had no injuries.

Third time was in elementary school on a class trip. We were in Lapland and the cool kids were in the back of the bus of a double-decker. We were fighting the boys from another school when someone noticed how the bus "hit a bump" and something black flew past the window. A couple of minutes later we noticed that someone was crying in front and the bust was standing still. Apparently we had hit a reindeer which was flung into another reindeer, of which both died. The crying was from some girls who were sitting in the first seat who were apparently shocked.

That whole Russian ordeal is something completely different though. I've never even seen anyone else crash, a gun in public, or a dashcam.