Author Topic: Project Reality Online testing with 128/256/512 players  (Read 32146 times)

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Online testing with 128 players
« Reply #210 on: 07-02-2011, 01:02:35 »
World of Battlefield with over 9 thousand players!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 07-02-2011, 01:02:08 »
If Zero is to be believed, this 'nametag bug' is caused by the declaration of an array for the creation of the nametags in BF2.exe being only 64 entries long.

if the array cant be expanded, my only idea in how to fix it would be to find a way to only give nametag to your team, after all thats only what matter really xD

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #212 on: 07-02-2011, 01:02:24 »
World of Battlefield with over 9 thousand players!

CMP Gaming

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 07-02-2011, 01:02:53 »
FH is much more fast-paced than PR. You won't spend 20 minutes trying to find an enemy. 64 players is enough.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 07-02-2011, 02:02:57 »
If Zero is to be believed, this 'nametag bug' is caused by the declaration of an array for the creation of the nametags in BF2.exe being only 64 entries long.

if the array cant be expanded, my only idea in how to fix it would be to find a way to only give nametag to your team, after all thats only what matter really xD

Nope, PR can live with it, after all they think having less/none Nametags is 'Realistic'

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 07-02-2011, 03:02:26 »
Just finished a round on the server.
TOO many people competing over things. Not a huge fan but fun.
It hasn't been up for hours?
Only takes one round to realize it is, eh ok.
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 07-02-2011, 05:02:05 »
Problem:

FH Team cant get 128 Players for a Testsessions. Usually, Test Sessions are well organized and go well. So that wont happen.

- Doing a "Open Public test" would mean nothing but more problems. Some people would not even know that it is a test and they will waste assets and play "Normal".

- Changing bounds and adding flags would radically change the map general gameplay. Looks easy to you, Neighbor Kid, but its way more complicated. FH2 devs hands are busy at this moment, making the Bulge and the Eastern Front, now you want them to review/modify old maps for the sake of 128 Players?

I'd Rather see the Devs working on new stuff than adding some more players, something that is Bugged.. and as far as i know, only 64 Nametags will show up, and you know we want a game bug-free.

FH2s current State is kinda bad, theres not enough players to fill two 128 Players servers, nope if we can barely fill one, what would happen to the rest?

#1 This wouldnt be a beta tester only thing considering that they do not have that many testers; given. hence the need for an open public test.

#2 if you name a server as TEST for so many players.. pretty sure the smart one looking at his screen could figure it out, while also being in game im pretty sure people would be commenting on the testing session. kinda really a useless argument you got there. also a day is a massive waste of time and resources?

#3 No it may not be easy  to change maps around like i have said, did i say it was easy? no i did not. Lalso id you have been reading, you might have noticed i said this isnt something you just drop all your other ideas to pursue this. but rather something to really think about.

#4 not the biggest issue but an issue none the less- the name tags. you kinda win there.

#5 thats given that FH2's state is not good at all player wise. unfortunately yes its no where close as FH1's player base. But may i say that this could be a selling point to others thinking " oh wow a WW2 game that has this many players and look graphically fantastic i deff need to try this and be leet." to which perhaps you would hook players with being a large scale ww2 game.

@ #3 a test should be done on maps that really can handle them right now and some of those maps would be cobra, EL AL, gazala.  those maps wouldnt need to be altered to just run a test
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 07-02-2011, 05:02:01 »
#2 if you name a server as TEST for so many players.. pretty sure the smart one looking at his screen could figure it out, while also being in game im pretty sure people would be commenting on the testing session. kinda really a useless argument you got there. also a day is a massive waste of time and resources?

Yeah, haha, people from all of sudden beign Mature and shit. No man, they wont give a shit if its called Test or join'n'frag, they will just play like they do, as always. And since there will be 64 players per team well, 32 will be sitting in the Main base waiting for their tigers and airplanes, maybe TKing for them, a few others will be in the fight...

Closed Testing is the answer, but FH2 lacks manpower to do that. Yeah, real life is a bitch.

#4 not the biggest issue but an issue none the less- the name tags. you kinda win there.

Its a big Issue. You want to call a Player, how would you do it? "Hey soldier in E2, give me some ammo" really? Apparently theres no fix now, untill then no.

#5 thats given that FH2's state is not good at all player wise. unfortunately yes its no where close as FH1's player base. But may i say that this could be a selling point to others thinking " oh wow a WW2 game that has this many players and look graphically fantastic i deff need to try this and be leet." to which perhaps you would hook players with being a large scale ww2 game.

They already have a fine mod with 64 Players battles, superb maps, excellent "Graphics", two amazing tournaments, Battle of the Bulge and Eastern Front to be released.. they coulndt ask for more.

128: No, maybe in a very few maps.
80-100: Yeah. In some maps tho.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 07-02-2011, 14:02:22 »

Yeah, haha, people from all of sudden beign Mature and shit. No man, they wont give a shit if its called Test or join'n'frag, they will just play like they do, as always. And since there will be 64 players per team well, 32 will be sitting in the Main base waiting for their tigers and airplanes, maybe TKing for them, a few others will be in the fight...

Closed Testing is the answer, but FH2 lacks manpower to do that. Yeah, real life is a bitch.

Its a big Issue. You want to call a Player, how would you do it? "Hey soldier in E2, give me some ammo" really? Apparently theres no fix now, untill then no.

They already have a fine mod with 64 Players battles, superb maps, excellent "Graphics", two amazing tournaments, Battle of the Bulge and Eastern Front to be released.. they coulndt ask for more.

128: No, maybe in a very few maps.
80-100: Yeah. In some maps tho.

i really dont see an issue with everyone waiting in main, the whole purpose is to just get people on the server to try it out to see how much it can handle and what the limitations are.  and when there are crashes the people who are paying attention, and at the moment there would be people paying attention cause this is such a small community.  closed testing is not the answer.

your name tag issue i already said was a problem, ok so get on TS or use ingame VOIP or squad chat there are solutions around it. but im going to agree with you that yes its an issue.  also if you have read ive been going for 100 players, 128 is even more gravy.

also side note.. this would open up ideas for more maps.. such as bombing the reich.. you could actually have bombers on big maps full of gunners to defend..  they would need to have higher HP so they coudl survive as of now planes dont have crap for survivability.. but with more players you could have this make a gigantic map we had one at WAW..  i forget the name but you make a large map and you slower bombers down big time  so they have  pace that is slow but heavily armored.. this is something that coudl be a plus from having more players.. who wouldnt want to see BTR or BOB again?  id love to man a dual .50 in a B-17 bubble turret and fend off the 109's while praying the little friends come and take em out..
« Last Edit: 07-02-2011, 14:02:34 by Neighbor Kid »

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 07-02-2011, 18:02:29 »

Lol... PR did an open testing and it worked just fine.  ::)

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 08-02-2011, 11:02:23 »
PR actually has people who get in the server ONLY for VOIP and team play...FH2 has those but also 90% is run-frag kill or die ...

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 08-02-2011, 12:02:15 »
Doesn't matter. There were guys like that on PR's testing session and they were told it was a test. Those who tried to mess around were simply kicked out.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 10-02-2011, 04:02:25 »
so i felt like compiling a list of pros and cons for this 128 players.

Pros first of course

-Massive WW2 game with fantastic graphics.. unlike WW2 Online
-The usage of Heavy bombers would once again IMO have usage could bring back maps like battle of Britain or Bombing the Reich. and now maybe with B-17 or B-24 bombers have a Mighty 8th mission of some sort. Maybe if we ever see the Pacific front maybe a place for B-29's also B-25's B-26's would have a place in the mod for heavy air support.
-Massive Armored Engagements such as Kursk.
-IMO multiple gun artillery batteries would have a reason to come back( with heavy deviation of course)
-More realistic loadouts per maps meaning there would be this number of shermans Per tiger or panther.( though tank combat needs and overhaul for this to really work still easy to kill both of them off with standard tanks.
-Emplaced MG's such as the M1919 would acutally serve a purpose in area denied role.
-The fight would be more intense thats for sure.
- Halftracks/trucks could server better purpose.
- WAW and FHT.. would possibly get a boost of players and make for hella more fun
- player base of FH2 might grow with people knowing of this massive jump in players

Cons
-Most maps in their current state can not support 128 players 3 maps should be able too EL AL, Cobra, Gazala
-Name tag issue
-figuring out what a server can handle but that was tested on PR servers and they can handle full vehicles. so not really a con.
-

cant really think of any cons beyond those.. if you have a con that is possible list it and dont put clusterfuck of people cause maps would have to be enlarged so that doesnt happen so dont write it.

also can this thread be changed to a Poll thread? might be a good idea on how many people think it would be a good idea to have 128 v not going to 128 or something.. jsut saying
« Last Edit: 10-02-2011, 04:02:22 by Neighbor Kid »

azreal

« Reply #223 on: 10-02-2011, 05:02:16 »
wow, you just won't give up on this idea of a 128 player increase will you?

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 10-02-2011, 05:02:49 »
wow, you just won't give up on this idea of a 128 player increase will you?

i got bored at work.