Author Topic: Bedford QTL (Mickey Mouse truck)  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Bedford QTL (Mickey Mouse truck)
« on: 11-03-2010, 22:03:01 »
So, when in the driver's position, you can open the back gate of the truck, right?  Well, when you exit or switch positions, the gate is magically closed again.  No idea why that happens, but it's weird.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think the QTL gives ammo to infantry like other trucks.  Can someone check to make sure it does, and if it doesn't, make it give ammo like the other trucks?

Sorry for the nitpicking, but all signs point to a new release fairly soon, and I don't want little things like this to slip through the cracks.
« Last Edit: 30-04-2010, 17:04:10 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Bedford QTL (Mickey Mouse truck)
« Reply #1 on: 12-03-2010, 00:03:47 »
My impression is that the open doors are rather client sided. But of course I do not know for sure. Has anyone ever seen somebody driving around with open doors? I did not. But all I know is that the doors are closed once you jump out of the truck. Like you only opened them in a dream.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-03-2010, 00:03:34 »
I told a bunch of people to look at the doors, opened them and then jumped out, and they all said that it was weird they closed like that.

Also, the back gate on the Bedford OYD stays down, and you can even stand on it, so I don't know why it would be different for the QTL...

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-03-2010, 15:03:35 »
So, when in the driver's position, you can open the back gate of the truck, right?  Well, when you exit or switch positions, the gate is magically closed again.  No idea why that happens, but it's weird.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think the QTL gives ammo to infantry like other trucks.  Can someone check to make sure it does, and if it doesn't, make it give ammo like the other trucks?

Sorry for the nitpicking, but all signs point to a new release fairly soon, and I don't want little things like this to slip through the cracks.
Fixed, thanks for the report :)

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-03-2010, 02:03:46 »
Sweet.  For some reason, reporting bugs and getting them fixed makes me feel good inside.  Like a warm and fuzzy feeling that I helped out the mod.  Actually, it's kinda the only way I can contribute, because I don't have skills to make stuff for the mod, and all the good suggestions for new stuff to add have been suggested already.

Anyway, good to know everything's been straightened out.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-03-2010, 19:03:49 »
One of those trucks on totalize has something weird. When i drove it in f12 camera position, the volume of the horn remained the same. It didnt matter how far i drove it as it always had the same volume, like it was right in front of me.
The other one (2) didnt have this 'problem'.

I know, its nothing but since there is a report about the same truck i thought it could be usefull.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline FH fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-03-2010, 23:03:24 »
Glass of destoyed Bedford QTL looks like vehicle texture o_O

Offline NL|Abaddon|NL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-03-2010, 09:03:14 »
^ I reported that glass bug just a few days prior to release internally. Shame that it didn't make it into the patch, but it's fixed now. Thanks for your report FH fan.

Offline Darren01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-03-2010, 12:03:04 »
Sweet.  For some reason, reporting bugs and getting them fixed makes me feel good inside.  Like a warm and fuzzy feeling that I helped out the mod.  Actually, it's kinda the only way I can contribute, because I don't have skills to make stuff for the mod, and all the good suggestions for new stuff to add have been suggested already.

Anyway, good to know everything's been straightened out.

Thanks for info

Offline Gunnie

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-04-2010, 19:04:12 »
So, when in the driver's position, you can open the back gate of the truck, right?  Well, when you exit or switch positions, the gate is magically closed again.  No idea why that happens, but it's weird.

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think the QTL gives ammo to infantry like other trucks.  Can someone check to make sure it does, and if it doesn't, make it give ammo like the other trucks?

You and everyone else was not dreaming.. I had coded them to close when the driver exited the seat. Initially, the idea was that not everyone wanted to drive around with open doors on the back. Therefore, if the initial driver opened them and then exited. The doors would close, so that the next guy who got in the truck, did not have to worry about remembering to close them. In addition.. Not everyone understands or knows that alot of those things open and close. Therefore, you get the people who drive around with open doors on the back and end up hitting things with them damaging the truck and they don't understand why that is happening.

In anycase, the end result was that Spit, fixed something that was not really broken, but working as designed. As for the glass.. That was fixed awhile ago.