Author Topic: Public Beta Test - squad leader score updates  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Public Beta Test - squad leader score updates
« Reply #15 on: 05-09-2018, 13:09:24 »
Hi guys! Sorry if i write in wrong topic. I don't understand: it's been a year (or two?) since the release of the version 2.53 and there is still no new versions with official SP bot navigation for new maps? Am I missing something?

We don't have a dedicated singleplayer developer on the team, that's why. Good devs for this old game engine aren't easy to come by these days.

Offline Balloon with mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-09-2018, 17:09:24 »
For those who say that FH2 or games like it make people to play as a squad in a magical way, maybe they just haven t spent too much time playing here. Fh2, as loads of games, is plenty of lonewolfs. That's why you can see the server with 50 people per side and +20 players unassigned to squad. Also, lonewolfs join squads but then it s like if they weren't there.

My point is - there is specific kind of players who are lonewolfing neverless the scoring system. And I consider them as noobs. And there is no way for them to realise benefits of teamplay in squad that they already have. So stimulating that kind of players will give nothing because they already ignoring possibilities they have now.

But back to topic. SL  new system just ran fine yesterday on the cmp server, but I agree with Achtungsnow. I still see not too much difference between what I saw and what we already had weeks ago which is nothing. 40 meters , which is nothing in FH2, makes the SL to stay to close to the flag, hence he dies fast. Most of good SL don't approach that much because they know they re gonna face the enemy again and again. So, we need to change those 40 meters to 60 or more IMO. Also, now that I m getting used to be SL, I think the points you get aren't enough.
But, forme most important thing it s to change the meters thing. My 2 cents

I agree with you sir that 40 meters is nothing. That's practically mean SLs should engage enemies and risk their lifes otherwise they'll get nothing. IMHO there are two ways to solve this problem. One is implement scoring to SLs for spawning on them. And two is significantly increase this scores sharing range.

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05-09-2018, 19:09:36 »
Hi guys! Sorry if i write in wrong topic. I don't understand: it's been a year (or two?) since the release of the version 2.53 and there is still no new versions with official SP bot navigation for new maps? Am I missing something?

We don't have a dedicated singleplayer developer on the team, that's why. Good devs for this old game engine aren't easy to come by these days.

That's a shame.  :(

P.S.: And I ment 2.52 maybe. I know the last time I saw some new 2.5* version was circa 2016.