Author Topic: Hearts of Iron  (Read 25546 times)

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron
« Reply #210 on: 23-02-2014, 16:02:20 »
Now thats it! I am going to play hoi 3 now. I will play as the Italians as well. I always liked that they have so many options but so few resources  :)
This is my first round after 2 years at least.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 23-02-2014, 17:02:55 »
Take your time and organize that OOB, Italy has a terrible OOB. IIRC most of their divisions are two-brigades strong, pretty weak, I'd concentrate on reinforcing your current divisions with new brigades.

Paratroopers are OP. In a MP game I had two years ago, me and my ally Italy deployed several paratrooper divisions along with the transport planes, and since we had a huge empire, with tons of revolts every month, having a large, fast response force was REALLY awesome. Just load your men into the airplanes to an airfield near the conflict area and paradrop all around the enemy, it's great.

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 27-02-2014, 22:02:33 »
I decided to go Panzerdivision with the Italiens, although I only build the poormans armored division. One light tank brigade, two motorized brigades and an armored car brigade. I joined the Axis before the war started and hoped to break through the French "Alpenfestung" with my mighty tank divisions....

They failed.

Lucky I had some transport ships in Genua so I shiped the tank divisons to Marseille under the cover of my mighty battlefleet. They landed without resistance and made a quick march to Lac Leman cutting off the french divisions in the alpes. They tried to rush back to escape the pocket but my generals where right to put everything into highly mobile units because they were faster.
After loosing their grip on the alpine fortresses my infantry at the Italian border started to advance and the whole french southern army went into war captivity or died trying to swim to Switzerland.

After the Duce (me) recoverd from his victory champaing hangover he send the tanks northward to vichy, dijon and besancon where they soon met the french and britsh troops that rushed down south, leaving their positions on the maginot line.
As I did not want to waste my tanks in trench warfare I ordered them to make a shift to the west to outmaneuver the enemy infantry and make a push towards the Atlantic and then north to threaten paris.
But the enemy brought in faster divisions too, which managed intercepted my push in the west and so it seemed like the frontlines were stabilising on the line Geneve - Bordeaux.
The german cowards only stood by and whatched me do my magic of modern mobile warfare, and I feared I would still loose the fight.
I kept mooving my tankdivisions tangential along the front until I found a week spot close to Dijon where I could push through and create another pocket with Switzerland at its eastern border.
After crushing the units in the pocket the front started to move again and I could finally make the final push to Paris which convinced the French they could not resist the might of the Italian tanks.
Now the Duce is the protector Northern France.

No the Nazis decided they could risk invading Belgium and the Netherlands. I shipped my tanks to northern Africa where the British and Syrian troups stood 50 miles away from Tripolis my last port. But the reinforcements came in time and pushed the enemy back to the Suez channel.

There the Duce had to take his well earned sleep.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 07-03-2014, 22:03:05 »
Hearts of Iron IV Development Diary 1

Hearts of Iron IV Development Diary 2

MAUS STRONK

In other news, if someone was interested in East vs West, well stop being interested, it was cancelled.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 08-03-2014, 00:03:32 »
Well fuck, are they going to introduce tech trees for all vehicles? Because this Infantry/Armor/Artillery triade is dumb, I mean, what, are we going to research G43s in the Infantry section, King Tigers in Armor and 21cm heavy cannons in Artillery? Then where are Sd.Kfz. 250 and 251, FAMOs, Opel Blitz, Kettenkrad, there is a shitload of vehicles and hardware which makes up an army's motor pool and arsenal, how do they expect to simplify it into a World of Tanks © tech tree?
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 08-03-2014, 00:03:11 »
I'm more worried that it's been so simplified that there will be no differences between variants of each individual tank.  Posted about it in the thread, maybe I'll get a response....

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 08-03-2014, 00:03:01 »
Well fuck, are they going to introduce tech trees for all vehicles? Because this Infantry/Armor/Artillery triade is dumb, I mean, what, are we going to research G43s in the Infantry section, King Tigers in Armor and 21cm heavy cannons in Artillery? Then where are Sd.Kfz. 250 and 251, FAMOs, Opel Blitz, Kettenkrad, there is a shitload of vehicles and hardware which makes up an army's motor pool and arsenal, how do they expect to simplify it into a World of Tanks © tech tree?

It's very alpha so I'd expect more info on that later.

I think it's time to actually CAPTURE enemy tanks and be able to raise units from them, or selling them to your allies.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 08-03-2014, 00:03:02 »
Oh and one slightly off-topic question:

Where did the option to trade provinces/territories from HoI 2 go in HoI 3? Why can't I rewrite post-war borders with Italy when they conquer too much french territory for my taste?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 08-03-2014, 01:03:46 »
Trading provinces and divisions was one of the coolest features in HoI2, it was not implemented in HoI3 but I hope it makes it in HoI4.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 08-03-2014, 01:03:41 »
Totally.

Anyway, I want the game to represent the FUBAR german supply and logistics system and I want to improve it, so I can transfer enormous amounts of supplies all the way from Berlin to Moscow and just drown the enemy troops in lead and cordite

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #220 on: 12-03-2014, 07:03:16 »
We should be able to build Supply Hubs otherwise it always screws up at some point.
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 17-05-2014, 01:05:18 »
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game with Kaiserreich v1.5 mod.

Started playing as Hungary, which in the beginning is part of Austro-Hungarian Empire, basically a puppet under Austrian rule. Through event chain I started a civil war and won the Austrians in war that dragged on for 2 years and managed to secure independence.

During this time, situation on the Balkans was pretty hot; Serbia (who had conquered Bosnia and Croatia from me and Austria during our war), Romania, and Greece were planning a war against Bulgaria, who had conquered some of their territories in the "Great Weltkrieg". Bulgaria asked me for help, and I promised to guarantee their independence. The alliance probably didn't see me as a threat, since they went on with the war. Two front war wasn't really what Romanian and Serbian militaries could handle, basically I destroyed them both while Bulgarians were holding off the Greeks. Now, it's late 1941 and I control Croatia, Serbia and Romania as puppets. Kind of expecting to get attacked by Austria soon...

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 12-08-2014, 15:08:12 »
Are you excited about the upcoming Hearts of Iron IV? Then go here:
http://www.heartsofiron4.com/r/groxj8ittu and sign-up.

Not excited? Go there anyway, you filthy monkeys. That way I'll get a chance to get in to the beta.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 12-08-2014, 17:08:48 »
Oddly, my paradox interactive account isn't working :S  Do I need to make a new account, different from my forum account?

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 12-08-2014, 17:08:24 »
Yeah same, i guess our account only counts for the forum.