Author Topic: Regular European game night (survey)  (Read 6013 times)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
Re: Regular European game night (survey)
« Reply #45 on: 04-07-2013, 13:07:53 »
There's bunch of tourney maps that will play sorta fine with less numbers as F|H Oceania proved back in the days.
CMP Gaming

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-07-2013, 15:07:27 »
 Yeah, i agree Surfbird. Maybe a bit early for customs, but im glad to see you guys are doing this the right way.

The community has been lacking an Official Awards server since HSLAN went kaput, so who knows what is possible...............

;)

Offline [F|H]Deek_101

• FH-Betatester
  • F|H Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
« Reply #47 on: 04-07-2013, 22:07:49 »
About tournament maps, probably not gonna happen as it influences the numbers we get too much at this point. A tournament map is usually created for 64 players (with more possible), and it does not make sense when we play it with 20 people in the end, screwing off many others.
But if we get a playerbase that joins the gamenight somewhat regularly you could think about doing it. We are still at the very start of this, and want to make it a regular, weekly event. But currently custom maps don't make much sense in my opinion.

Not true. I remember us at F|H having an Italy event on 4 of our maps and having 2 full servers for the entire weekend. I think myself and Erwin could possibly talk about making something up if the demand is there for a custom map for the public server  ;) .

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04-07-2013, 23:07:40 »
Alright. But still, custom maps screw more players off then we profit out of it at this point. In my opinion we have to get some kind of playerbase that is following the weekly updates about the gamenight and that attends somewhat regularly.

Single F|H custom map events are great anyway. I remember the Italy event a year ago too and it was great but it's something different. The gamenight is on a weekly basis, offering people the opportunity to join a different server. The Italy event worked well because it was one event for a certain amount of time with big announcements and half the F|H community behind it. The weekly Gamenight is something different.

But custom map events over a weekend or a couple of days is great anyway and will still work of course. I would jsut handle it seperately or try custom maps in the weekly gamenight in a month or so as a test. But right now we don't even have the F|H server running correctly, some kind of server admin staff for the gamenight is missing and some other issues are around as described in Jimi's post. So imo, it's not the right time to throw in custom maps.
« Last Edit: 04-07-2013, 23:07:57 by Surfbird »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09-07-2013, 14:07:06 »
Hey guys, everything set up for tomorrow night?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-07-2013, 02:07:32 »
We are on it. Ug or me will inform you about issues or anything if necessary. If everything goes as planned this applies again :)

----

F|H weekly game night

Every Wednesday on F|H 130-player server (official FH2 ranked)

16:00 UTC
17:00 London
18:00 Berlin, Cairo, Paris, Pretoria, Warsaw
19:00 Kiev, Helsinki
20:00 Moscow

12:00 Havana, New York
13:00 Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo
21:30 New Dehli
23:00 Jakarta
Midnight Beijing, Perth

TS3: ts.forgottenhonor.com
FH2 Mumble enabled

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10-07-2013, 14:07:49 »
Server will be set up by the time stated above.
Make sure to join for another fun event. And don't forget that you are always welcome to visit us on teamspeak as well. We love teamplay and are happy about every player that joins us there.

See you tonight!

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10-07-2013, 18:07:54 »
Alright, already got a bunch of people here. Running Battle of Keren 16 right now. Time to join up!

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #53 on: 10-07-2013, 19:07:53 »
Correction: VBIOS server! That community St. Lo event (F|H v. 762) that keeps not happening, even though we are training for it, threw wrench in the works, and we did not change server back up to proper settings in time, so VBIOS it is again, but all welcome to join as we did last couple of weeks.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10-07-2013, 20:07:20 »
20 people on now, join up!

Offline theUg

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10-07-2013, 23:07:13 »
We had over 20 people today and, lo! I had a squad member in Mumble! Maybe Mersah killed it today, but I put it on because we have not played it for ever, and I saw that on 762 people filled the server with it, but it did not work out tonight. At least we had a good fight on small Bardia.

Show some hospitality

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10-07-2013, 23:07:29 »
Was fun for a while, especially PHL and Bardia too. I recommend not putting in Mersa for a while ;)

Also, In think if this is being kept up throug summer and into autumn, on a weekly basis, people will learn about it and join more often.

I'll join up again, but not next time, I'm off on vacation soon, so can't come then ;)

Offline RaulCosC

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11-07-2013, 21:07:57 »
I am sad because i can`t play this mod on multiplayer and anyone can`t help me,so sad :(  (i can`t play because it tells me :invalid kd key , and many people didn`t bought thsi game and can play it very smoothly.If someone can tell me what to do(without buying the game or something),thx for reading.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11-07-2013, 22:07:11 »
I am sad because i can`t play this mod on multiplayer and anyone can`t help me,so sad :(  (i can`t play because it tells me :invalid kd key , and many people didn`t bought thsi game and can play it very smoothly.If someone can tell me what to do(without buying the game or something),thx for reading.
This question is not related to this topic, and should have been posted in “Support” forum. However, you might want to try VBIOS server, no reason given, and you did not hear it here or from me.

Show some hospitality

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12-07-2013, 01:07:05 »
This is GREAT. the more people that have dedicated "event" times to play FH2 the better. Get people into a rhythm so every Wed is packed. 8) Big thanks to the people who started this and are trying to get it together, it'll be you guys who give FH2 some longevity in the end ;)

*didn't read the whole thread*