Author Topic: Can't get 2.4 to start  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get 2.4 to start
« Reply #15 on: 27-07-2011, 10:07:11 »
DLF a couple of things I found maybe you can help me. If I move the ForgottenHope2 out of the Battlefield 2 folder in mods and copy it into BF2 main it opens BF2 like a new install showing single player or multiplayer. Any ideas? I also from reading other players issues went to the BF2 community custom games and it doesn't even show FH2 in there at all.  Could I be doing something wrong on my install?
Had the same problem. Create a shortcut to ForgottenHope2.exe and add the following parameter to the shortcut: +modPath mods/fh2

« Last Edit: 27-07-2011, 10:07:20 by Eglaerinion »
"The wolves will come again."

Offline DoomKoff

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-07-2011, 00:07:52 »
Thanks Eglaerinion but unfortunately that will not accept the change when I apply it. Tried several ways. Maybe I am doing something incorrectly. Here's the folders DLF. Had to spilt it because of size.

Offline DoomKoff

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28-07-2011, 03:07:46 »
I got it!!! When I tried Eglaerinion's method I deleted all shortcuts on my desktop which lead me to reinstall the third part of the install in which I noticed it was going to the correct folder this time instead of my desktop. So I followed it up with parts 1&2 and I am back on. Thanks for everyones hard work on 2.4 and to you DLF and Elg. RFH!!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28-07-2011, 08:07:10 »
Good to know, I think two or three other people here might have the same problem.  :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off