Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180207 times)

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #810 on: 18-10-2010, 14:10:53 »
RED
the "new one" with bruce willis, old gang of retired cia and other agency's agents return to action once again
Retired
Extremly
Dangerous

the old gang shows the newcomers how it is done, action, chases, man hunts, the usual stuff.

fun, action, with Bruce willis and marry-louise parker.  good flick to watch if you are in the mood for a solid action movie.

7/10

The Other Guys
Will ferrel and Mark wahlberg in a very funny cop comedy with some very strange scenes and other that make even less sense and a storyline at times forced forward by ridiculous scenes.

still it is very funny and specially in the opening part it shines with some great action/humour by "the rock" & samuel L. jackson.  
overall kind of strange cop comedy that sometimes leaves you puzzeld. but still a fun movie to watch, specially if you like will ferrell

- "aim for the bushes" :D

7/10
« Last Edit: 18-10-2010, 14:10:10 by Die Happy »
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 18-10-2010, 14:10:01 »
Ah, totally forgot to review RED here. You beat me to it.

Saw it last week, and really liked it. Some movies just click, and RED sure is one of 'm, imo. Certainly one of my favourite movies from this year I think. My well-read, educated moviebuff mind only gives it a 7/10 at most too, but to be honest I liked it way more than that.

Proper actors and a solid story, but for me the charm was in the little details. The actors really had good chemistry and there were a lot of little jokes tucked away in moments you didn't expect them. And what is it with Weeds' Mary Louise Parker that makes her, pardon my french, so damn f***able? Can't wait for the new season... :P
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 18-10-2010, 14:10:53 »
weeds season 6 is running right now (episode 8 ) and it is freaking awesome.

btw, few pages back there was talk about BSG, i loved the series, specially the early seasons.
the spin off "Caprica" is okay-ish but until now has not much in common with the original series.

Live Long & Die Happy

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 18-10-2010, 14:10:58 »
Mr.Bones

Nice South African comedy movie. Has lots of silly and funny scenes, shows traditional and modern africa, and has the typical Good vs evil kind of story line. I give it an 8/10

Short scene from youtube, sorry it is dubbed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFXHBXt3bvI
« Last Edit: 18-10-2010, 14:10:16 by siben »

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 18-10-2010, 16:10:26 »
Tropic Thunder                        7/10

Not much to say. Bullshit story, but very funny stuff. I kinda thought of it as a 6, but i laughed pretty much so i guess 7 suits better. Their "battle-scenes" are hilariuos

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 18-10-2010, 17:10:19 »
i love robert downy junior in tropic thunder
what was his role again, playing a white dude, playing a black dude.

and dont forget, "you never go full retard!"  :D

truly funny stuff
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 18-10-2010, 17:10:50 »
"I'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude" :D

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #817 on: 18-10-2010, 17:10:15 »
Going to watch RED thursday, can't wait for it. John Malkovich and Bruce Willis are long time favourites.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 19-10-2010, 06:10:33 »
Uganda Action Movie. Otherwise known as Who killed Captain Alex. 10/10. I can't even begin to describe the movie. Top of the african action movie genre, definitely.
« Last Edit: 19-10-2010, 06:10:09 by 9.Pz Erich »

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #819 on: 20-10-2010, 03:10:04 »
RED 10/10 Very good, stupid funny action movie.  Morgan Freeman AND Bruce Willis?!  My brain just exploded from the awesome.

"That's it! I'm gettin' out the pig!"

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 20-10-2010, 16:10:02 »
Kick Ass

9/10

Well exexcuted, good pace, well narrated, fresh look on the genre, pushed the right buttons and brought out the right emotions at each point

/The main actor was the quiet sort, so I can't say much about relating to him, but he 'worked'
/The 11 year old gal was totally badass AND the best actor in the movie, not saying anyone did a bad job, but she excelled
/The geek friends added, and didn't simply represent the stereotype - I think subtlety was to thank for that
/The bad guy was human which was nice, but also bad-bad
/Nicholas Cage was a good supporting actor, with clear dynamics and yet, not a show-stealer

In simple words, and not to sound like a teenager, 'Fucking Cool!'

Highly recommended

And what the critics said about the 11-year old was... well, I don't know, I didn't see their complaints. Radical sure, but tres cool!
« Last Edit: 20-10-2010, 17:10:27 by djinn »

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 20-10-2010, 17:10:50 »
Uganda Action Movie. Otherwise known as Who killed Captain Alex. 10/10. I can't even begin to describe the movie. Top of the african action movie genre, definitely.

Where did you find the whole movie? i really want to see it.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 21-10-2010, 06:10:35 »
Interwebz :v

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 22-10-2010, 18:10:57 »
Machete - 3/10

Crap! I think it should have stayed a fake trailer, it was cooler then, the story more epic.

The mistake made with this one was... well, besides it being Rodriguez rather than Tarantino, its attempt to matter. It should have been like the trailer, no holds-barred, ballsy, testosterone-filled, outlandish, far-fetched and for all or nothing. It had the right cast, but the wrong locale. It could have involved drugs, and by all means, make the man one of family-revenge, but fighting for immigration? Come on!! The lines were weak - I mean whoever the script writers were, and Rodriguez too, I say 'This is American, dammit! Speak English'

And to the rest of the sorry movie, in the words of machete himself,
"Why be a real person when you are already a myth" ... and it should have remained one

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 24-10-2010, 15:10:08 »
The Town - 8/10

A nice police/love/bad-boy-loves-good-girl-and-wants-to-get-away-from-steets-but-can't

At some points a bit predictable and somewhat boring but for most of the movie it kept me interested.I has a few great shootouts and i liked it a lot.8/10 because i believe the love stories of bad boys are overused and because of extensive police violence which made it non-believable at some points(guy runs in a house kicking the ass of everyone in there).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0840361/