Author Topic: Call of Duty: WW2  (Read 5215 times)

Offline 2Cool2Fool

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Duty: WW2
« Reply #15 on: 29-06-2017, 16:06:44 »
Gotta say, love how they reload the scoped Springfield via stripper clips and the K98s with magazines.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-06-2017, 16:06:16 »
Gotta say, love how they reload the scoped Springfield via stripper clips and the K98s with magazines.
But the scope will be in the way?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-06-2017, 16:06:01 »
He's being sarcastic.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-06-2017, 18:06:27 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFLSECMf8pk ~5:25

I didn't know Kar98ks could be reloaded with magazines. Also these magazines hold 7 bullets?
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline 2Cool2Fool

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-06-2017, 19:06:38 »
K98s could be refitted with a Grabenmagazin which hold 20 rounds. These were rare however and afaik more of a ww1 thing.
That 7 round magazine I've never heard of, prob. something the devs made up like that holosight on the BAR.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-06-2017, 19:06:07 »
Also the Grabenmagazin had to be screwed into place, it was NOT detachable.  And they could not be reloaded with magazines, and other than the rare grabenmagazin of WW1, they only held 5 rounds, 6 if you do a little hand-work holding the bullets down in the mag and sliding another round into the chamber and closing the bolt so that it doesn't catch the magazine rounds.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01-07-2017, 00:07:46 »
holding the bullets down in the mag and sliding another round into the chamber and closing the bolt so that it doesn't catch the magazine rounds.
Now that's smart.

So the 20-round magazine had to be loaded by stripper clips, right? I hope that they add a standart issued rifle. I can't just understand why they want to copy BF1 by adding weird weapon modifications that were used in extremely small quantities.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01-07-2017, 15:07:00 »
holding the bullets down in the mag and sliding another round into the chamber and closing the bolt so that it doesn't catch the magazine rounds.
Now that's smart.

So the 20-round magazine had to be loaded by stripper clips, right? I hope that they add a standart issued rifle. I can't just understand why they want to copy BF1 by adding weird weapon modifications that were used in extremely small quantities.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American gaming community.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-07-2017, 15:07:36 »
Now that's smart.

I learned that trick at reenactments- no one expects your K98k to have 6 rounds, so if they round-count you, you can get them to expose themselves. :P

And yeah, it was loaded by stripper clips.  And yeah, like BF1, they're going the weird/rare/literally impossible weapons.
« Last Edit: 01-07-2017, 15:07:37 by VonMudra »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01-07-2017, 15:07:08 »
It was the same in CoD World at War back in the day.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02-07-2017, 02:07:31 »
It was the same in CoD World at War back in the day.
The only think I can remember is the scoped PTRS which is crazy enough actually..

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-07-2017, 05:07:55 »
Oh yah I remember COD WAW.  After I beat it, I showed it to a friend, and then we microwaved the CD-ROM rather than return it back into the wild.  I think microwaving it was more fun than playing the game.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02-07-2017, 21:07:05 »
Oh yah I remember COD WAW.  After I beat it, I showed it to a friend, and then we microwaved the CD-ROM rather than return it back into the wild.  I think microwaving it was more fun than playing the game.

What a heartless thing to do.  :'( The Pacific campaign was OK not terrific, however, the Russian Berlin campaign was what made the game enjoyable. It was very energetic, fierce, and brutal. Something different from the previous Call of Dutys before it. It might not be historically accurate, but I still find fun smashing through the Seelow defenses and storming the Reichstag.

About CoDWW2: it looks like the campaign will be entirely in Western Europe... again. However, I've heard you get to play as different divisions such as infantry, airborne, armoured, etc. This might be a neat concept.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-07-2017, 01:07:02 »
I honestly hated it all.  To each their own, but I found it over the top to the point of ludicrousness.  Much, much prefer the original COD's Ostfront campaign.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-07-2017, 21:07:06 »
I honestly hated it all.  To each their own, but I found it over the top to the point of ludicrousness.  Much, much prefer the original COD's Ostfront campaign.

I can understand that; the campaign took on a gory, pulp fiction approach and the result ended up feeling slightly preposterous and un-authentic. Needless to say, World at War wasn't my favorite CoD single player experience. My favorite CoD game will always be the first, more specifically United Offensive.

If anyone is interested on a full critique of these CoD single player campaigns there is long but interesting video about them all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvN51r1o1Nc