Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112092 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1890 on: 13-06-2016, 05:06:53 »
Brasil is OUT from Copa América, Groups Stage.

A pretty weak performance from the Brazilian squad overall, they lost today 1-0 against Perú with a goal that shouldn't have been awarded:

http://www.goal.com/en/match/brazil-vs-peru/2178764/report

They destroyed Haití 7-1 but it wasn't enough, but that result seems oddly familiar.

Bah, you deserve it Brasil, for celebrating Germany's victory in 2014, even after they erased you from existence.
« Last Edit: 13-06-2016, 05:06:54 by Torenico »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: 13-06-2016, 08:06:26 »

Both England and Italy loved to call exclusively domestic club players. But none has been as annoyingly anti-outsiders as England, and it kind of failing them.

I think there's a bit of a cause-and-effect mix up here.  There really aren't that many English players in outside leagues to even call up.  For the most part, they're either youth team members or aging stars gone to the MLS, and honestly, who can blame them?  Why go to foreign leagues when you get fat checks playing in the Championship League?

Really? Or is there a lack of demand from outside the isles? :P

The current Italian squad has players playing in EPL and La Liga clubs, but Roy's picking are all exclusively EPL club players.

Even in the biggest EPL club, the English starting players share is getting lesser and even lesser. MU used to host a lot of top English stars, but now they only contribute an aging but ineffective attacker and a handful of mediocre defenders. I don't think the FA should impose player quota, but they really need to work out an experiment where they develop and nurture a squad of young English players in a designated club, much like Spain's project with FC Barcelona and Germany with Bayern Munich.

It is weird, because I happen to know a lot of English professionals working all over Europe. Some major Japanese pharmaceutical company operations in Europe? Headed by an Northern Englishman living in Switzerland. Some big American company operations in China? Headed by an Indian Englishman. A country head of German company in Indonesia? You bet, a Londoner occupy that position.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: 13-06-2016, 23:06:30 »
Well Zoo, I guess I take it back.  Belgium's inability to perform like they should is such a disappointment.  Reminds me of...  England.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: 14-06-2016, 01:06:11 »
Belgium's summer is over.

Come at me bro.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: 14-06-2016, 02:06:32 »
Belgium's summer is over.

Come at me bro.

The Belgian team is still very young, so that's a bit pessimistic.  But the early years of the Golden Generation have not been up to much.  Hazard looked alright today, however. 

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: 14-06-2016, 10:06:18 »
Hazard, De Bruyne Fellaini, Benteke, Vermaelen, Dembele, and Kompany (injured). Still names only, and a lot to proof. FIFA ranking says they are number one in the world, but I never get the impression. They are more of a collection of superstars than a decent team.

English team, the EPL proof is still not enough I guess. We need to know how well they fared in let's say, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AS Roma, Juventus, or Dortmund for instance.
« Last Edit: 14-06-2016, 10:06:08 by Zoologic »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: 14-06-2016, 13:06:41 »
Italy... ugh.  Utterly disgusting.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: 14-06-2016, 21:06:47 »
Italy... ugh.  Utterly disgusting.
What's so disgusting about them? They played a good match yesterday and scored two very nice goals. They were also booked some 5 times, yes, but there wasn't much dirty play or anything. Austria today was much worse.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: 15-06-2016, 01:06:57 »
Lol, Cristiano...

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: 15-06-2016, 15:06:34 »
I believe he is talking about the Calciopoli and match fixing scandals that is rampant in Italy.

Yea... but most of the matches in this Euro 2016 are all suspiciously pro-house. This includes Uruguay's miraculous 3-0 win over Jamaica in the Copa America, which happens in the second half. Extremely fishy.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: 15-06-2016, 16:06:28 »
 only 22 goal for 12 match currenly  :'(

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 15-06-2016, 16:06:16 »
and why they never show hot chicks in tribune when game stops?

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: 16-06-2016, 17:06:37 »
A lot of last minute goals in this tournament. Including England's 2-1 win.

Finally, some late realisation from Hodgson. Both his substitutes produced results. Both are done from only 6 metres away from the goal line. It really shows how the team depends on lapses and inefficient repeated attempts, requiring to posses the ball all the time (nearly 80% in 2nd half).

Although played relatively okay, Rooney should be let go. There are other far more effective player left in the England's bench.
« Last Edit: 16-06-2016, 17:06:29 by Zoologic »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 17-06-2016, 04:06:11 »
Sadly I can't watch Euro matches here, must have DirecTV or some shit like that. It's a shame, Euros are like World Cups without Argentina and Brasil...

About the Copa América, it has to be ours. Uruguay is out, Brasil sucks and is also out, Colombia is nothing too-convincing (We destroyed them last time we faced them in Copa America), Chile is not great either, the rest should collapse when Messi is 100% ready.

If we lose it, we shall never win a title ever again.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 17-06-2016, 12:06:12 »
Come on... your way to Copa America is laid with red carpet. Messi could put on a sideshow while walking to the podium.