Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75155 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: Project Reality Mod
« Reply #600 on: 03-08-2013, 05:08:42 »
Built in Mumble? How does that work? I wasn't able to play 0.97 mostly because going wrong with Mumble setting, so every squad/server kicked me

It is so well integrated that most new people did not even know it was running until they heard people talking to them in proximity chat.  There was one or two guys out of the 15 or so that I played with in TS3 today that had issues with it.  It launches in the background when you start PR and follows you around no matter what server, team or squad you hop to.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 03-08-2013, 06:08:47 »
Added cannabis/hemp field clumps (you can't smoke it, but you can set it on fire...).

Cool....

:P

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 03-08-2013, 13:08:29 »
Played some matches yesterday and I have to say that it has it's moments. Some animations are not fluid and you get the feeling that the game runs not fluid and the overal look is not my cup of tea but whatever ... Suppression effect is awesome and really working as it should - we need this in FH2  ;D - and the build in communication system is a must have too. It just runs flawless and you can talk to every dude around without fiddeling too much in any settings, but you don't have to use it when you don't want to. Only thing I did was rebinding the keys for local and squadtalk and I cranked up the volume a bit. That's all and you have the best working com system in any game so far.

Tank gameplay is also nice and the effects of the whole game are quite cool. Overall not bad, but nothing that keeps me addicted. There are just some fundamental gameplay mechanics missing, that you even have in ArmA II. I lost my squadleader not only once because almost all the player models look the same and not in the sense of a unifrom look, but really like clones. Some subtle tags for atleast squadmates or the SL would help alot and would not make the game any less "realistic" either. Jumping around on a carrier and saying "here am I" isn't any more realistic. I know that this system is all build around the forced communication, but you spend just so much time with searching for your own squadmates. On the other hand is the HUD very clean and tidy so maybe it just needs better balance.

That's my impression so far and I think I will give it a shot once more today just to see more of the content and the maps. All in all - good job.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 03-08-2013, 14:08:05 »
Finally tried this out... I got mixed experiences... First, the Mumble was bugged on the server I joined, so nobody could talk to anyone, and then when they "fixed" it everyone heard everyone... A bunch of chat spam although the admins tried to get people on their TS server until they fix it for good.

So I decided to switch servers... The other server was nice, although teamwork on the Opfor side was lacking... So we got overrun... That, and I couldn't see from where I was getting shot at all most of the time as almost everyone in Blufor has optics while you're stuck with ironsights. I think the insurgents need some capable SLs else they get stuck in defense and taken out one by one.

That and the "spawn bug" as I like to call it... Basically there's no direct feedback why you can't select the kit (limited/whatever like in FH2) and so I get stuck with a respawn timer of 6000 s with no possible kits to select... what's up with that?

Anyway at the end of the round I had like 3 kills and 12 deaths and I still ended up 12th on our team.
And the point difference in best squads was ridiculous, our best had almost 3000 points, and the Bluefor best almost 7000!

Overall, nice effects, awesome sounds but needs a group of people to play with to be really enjoyable... Oh and while Mumble is nice people generally have their mics set too low so I can't hear half of them.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 03-08-2013, 14:08:15 »
Played some matches yesterday and I have to say that it has it's moments. Some animations are not fluid and you get the feeling that the game runs not fluid and the overal look is not my cup of tea but whatever ... Suppression effect is awesome and really working as it should - we need this in FH2  ;D - and the build in communication system is a must have too. It just runs flawless and you can talk to every dude around without fiddeling too much in any settings, but you don't have to use it when you don't want to. Only thing I did was rebinding the keys for local and squadtalk and I cranked up the volume a bit. That's all and you have the best working com system in any game so far.

Tank gameplay is also nice and the effects of the whole game are quite cool. Overall not bad, but nothing that keeps me addicted. There are just some fundamental gameplay mechanics missing, that you even have in ArmA II. I lost my squadleader not only once because almost all the player models look the same and not in the sense of a unifrom look, but really like clones. Some subtle tags for atleast squadmates or the SL would help alot and would not make the game any less "realistic" either. Jumping around on a carrier and saying "here am I" isn't any more realistic. I know that this system is all build around the forced communication, but you spend just so much time with searching for your own squadmates. On the other hand is the HUD very clean and tidy so maybe it just needs better balance.

That's my impression so far and I think I will give it a shot once more today just to see more of the content and the maps. All in all - good job.

the thing is bf2 has this bug where when you past the 64 player mark, the following player dont have tags over them.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 03-08-2013, 17:08:01 »
Played the whole afternoon and so far I really like the 1.0 build. Everything works really smooth, the new features are great and it´s tons of fun getting back into PR.
The launcher is just great and Mumble adds a whole new dimension to the game. I just finished a round on a nighttime Vietnam map and it was absolutely tense! Visibility was very low and people were constantly talking to each other to avoid teamkills in the dark. Especially Mumbles directional local talk is simply awesome! Inter-squad communication is now super easy and encourages players to cooperate even more.
8-man squads, new deviation and all the other new features make this a stellar 1.0 release and I´m super glad I´ll have time for the rest of the weekend to play PR!
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 03-08-2013, 21:08:37 »

That and the "spawn bug" as I like to call it... Basically there's no direct feedback why you can't select the kit (limited/whatever like in FH2) and so I get stuck with a respawn timer of 6000 s with no possible kits to select... what's up with that?

Anyway at the end of the round I had like 3 kills and 12 deaths and I still ended up 12th on our team.
And the point difference in best squads was ridiculous, our best had almost 3000 points, and the Bluefor best almost 7000!

Overall, nice effects, awesome sounds but needs a group of people to play with to be really enjoyable... Oh and while Mumble is nice people generally have their mics set too low so I can't hear half of them.

The spawnbug is really annoying. You can't even spawn with a unlimited kit then. You just need to reselect your spawnpoint once more and that should fix it. But you have to ask other people before you even know what is going on. When I select a spawn in FH2 or vBF2 it stays selected, in PR not and people are randomly spawing in the mainbase or somewhere else. This needs fixing as it is very annoying and simply not clear.

Anout your problem with people being too quiet: just crank up the audio setting and you are good to go. It works really good. And you should not play this game to be on top of the score list. I don't even have the feeling that I need to take a look in the score list to play the game. I just do it to see whether I really killed someone or not. The points and scores are much more secondary for me as the whole experience is more build up around the teamplay aspect and winning the battle and I am just too bussy with other stuff.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 03-08-2013, 21:08:58 »
Yeah I wasn't really playing for score. I just mentioned it to help you picture how "good" our team was...  ::)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 03-08-2013, 21:08:20 »
Have to say project reality makes it really feel like reality as it was in the army. Waiting, nothing happening boredom. Though when something happens it's really cool even without any Hollywood effects just like real life ;D, just too time consuming.

Also ramboing whole squad with AK-47 is quite fun.
« Last Edit: 03-08-2013, 21:08:29 by Paavopesusieni »

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 03-08-2013, 23:08:08 »
Played coop only today to see some of the new stuff without bothering the professionals ;D I really love the addition of a GPMG. Most sounds are good excluding some really annoying whiny voices and some gun sounds (not much, just one or two). Another thing I noticed was a M249 gunner shooting at me from like 50-100m and it sounded like he was half a kilometer away. Really reminds me of BFBC2 and I don't think it belongs to PR. Dual scopes are a nice feature too although I sometimes don't understand why certain scoped rifles lack them. Plus, it is sad that I did not find any Mi-24 Hind on a coop map. I never take those big assets on public servers because if you waste them (and I will waste them because I don't really know where AAs are and I am not really familiar with chopper tactics in PR) you will get the flame of your life.

p.s.: Dat MG3 and M60 ;D
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 04-08-2013, 00:08:30 »
Wait guys, there is no "spawn bug". When you have a crazy timer it's just that you can't select the kit because there's too much of them in use.

It takes about 5 minutes for a kit to disappear, so if you just died with AR, you might not be able to respawn with AR again. Just select a rifleman kit and :

YOU NEED TO CLICK "Done" ON THE SPAWNSCREEN. Not press "Enter" you need to click "Done" THEN the timer will be okay. This was made to avoid people hitting enter and spawning back at main by mistake.

Caps are just for visibility, not screaming :P
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 04-08-2013, 00:08:57 »
Downloading 1.0 update for PR (it taked me 2 days.. now i just need to wait +9 hours to get it)

Btw, i love playing PR (exept wen somewone destroys my fob)

Hoewer, somewone talked about playing PR with at least 2 friends...

I DONT HAVE FRIENDS TO PLAY!

(i mean.. the friends i have dont play PR, and they would refuse to boy battlefield 2 game)...

I wonder if you could mean friends as the FH2 community members... yeah, it would be nice if we could join together at a squad (otherwise i will always be with people than i dont even know)

And btw, im waiting 9 hours rigth now to get the update.. and i saw some videos before, and im gona tell you what was more enjoyable:

"Dat battlefield bad company walking with weapon animation..."

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 04-08-2013, 08:08:38 »
Have to say project reality makes it really feel like reality as it was in the army. Waiting, nothing happening boredom. Though when something happens it's really cool even without any Hollywood effects just like real life ;D, just too time consuming.

Haven't you seen the new explosions effects? Can't get more Hollywood than that! :P

And yeah the boredom is a problem... With the fact that 50 % of the time you are looking at the spawnscreen and the other 40 % you are trying to recognize if that guy behind a bush is friendly or enemy and getting shot in the process (I need a bigger screen  ;D).

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 04-08-2013, 17:08:02 »
Plus, it is sad that I did not find any Mi-24 Hind on a coop map.

Iron Ridge.
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 04-08-2013, 18:08:22 »
Where is the Osprey? Couldnt find it.