Author Topic: Sniper.  (Read 4069 times)

Offline robert090993

• View Profile
Sniper.
« on: 19-09-2009, 21:09:24 »
Okay, before we get on to the sniper tactics. Think to yourself, do you need to use the sniper, are there better uses for you. If your in a squad, ask the squad leader, or make your own sniper squad. DO NOT TK FOR THE SNIPER KIT!!

Okay, now to the tactics.

Know your weapon, for example : No.4 scoped, know what it can do.

Know your limits, lets face it, not everyone is the best shot, so dont waste countless amounts of ammo on distant targets.

Stick to targets, dont fire at one soldier, and switch to a target, he is likely to come looking for you.

Use your anti personel mines, added protection.

Choose a location, make sure you can see, but cant be seen.

Change location, after killing max 10, min 3 guys move to a different location.

If possible work with a squad.

Work with support, call in motars, call in targets.

DON'Ts

Don't lay down mines all over the place. Don't TK for kits. Don't take the kit without thinking.

Regards guys

rob

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper.
« Reply #1 on: 20-09-2009, 02:09:21 »
If your camping on a hill, besure to fire from the shade. If the targets are far away then it makes it harder to see you.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-09-2009, 04:09:14 »
Think to yourself, do you need to use the sniper, are there better uses for you. If your in a squad, ask the squad leader, or make your own sniper squad. DO NOT TK FOR THE SNIPER KIT!!

Robert, for this you are a saint.

If you can't hit moving targets while standing [this includes shooting people out of moving jeeps/kubels] THEN DONT TOUCH THE FREAKEN SNIPER RIFLE! ;-)

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-09-2009, 21:09:17 »
Okay, before we get on to the sniper tactics. Think to yourself, do you need to use the sniper, are there better uses for you. If your in a squad, ask the squad leader, or make your own sniper squad. DO NOT TK FOR THE SNIPER KIT!!

Okay, now to the tactics.

Know your weapon, for example : No.4 scoped, know what it can do.

Know your limits, lets face it, not everyone is the best shot, so dont waste countless amounts of ammo on distant targets.

Stick to targets, dont fire at one soldier, and switch to a target, he is likely to come looking for you.

Use your anti personel mines, added protection.

Choose a location, make sure you can see, but cant be seen.

Change location, after killing max 10, min 3 guys move to a different location.

If possible work with a squad.

Work with support, call in motars, call in targets.

DON'Ts

Don't lay down mines all over the place. Don't TK for kits. Don't take the kit without thinking.

Regards guys

rob

we already  have this post :P
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #4 on: 21-09-2009, 09:09:58 »
Think to yourself, do you need to use the sniper, are there better uses for you. If your in a squad, ask the squad leader, or make your own sniper squad. DO NOT TK FOR THE SNIPER KIT!!

Robert, for this you are a saint.

If you can't hit moving targets while standing [this includes shooting people out of moving jeeps/kubels] THEN DONT TOUCH THE FREAKEN SNIPER RIFLE! ;-)
No, not at all. Please, if your eager to learn take the sniper rifle and shoot, pratice and learn. Become skilled.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-09-2009, 19:09:26 »
Hitting the target is rather secondary imo. Every idiot can use the sniper rifle. Staying unnoticed, relocating, placing s-mines are the skills that distinguish a good sniper.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-09-2009, 20:09:35 »
" Hitting the target is rather secondary imo. Every idiot can use the sniper rifle. Staying unnoticed, relocating, placing s-mines are the skills that distinguish a good sniper. "

The point of the sniper rifle is hitting things at long range that are retarded for anyone else to try for, any jerk with a recon kit can do the same thing if he knows how to use a no4/k98 well [Trust me Binoc sniping works, well it used to, not sure about it now] . Yes, those skills are good and useful, but shooting is your primary responsibilities, car drivers, pak gunners, aa guys, M10 drivers. All of those are your primary responsibilities staying alive is a close second, spotting enemies is a third.

And no, if every idiot could use the sniper rifle I wouldn't be seeing pathetic scores of five kills and two deaths on some of these guys who take it for the entire round.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-09-2009, 21:09:29 »
Sometimes I just cant understand how people manage to tk me with sniper rifle. It has scope on it damn it. They should see very clearly that i'm teammate  ???.

Offline CBCRonin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-09-2009, 06:09:42 »
-Calling from my time in FH1 online.-

How about add:
Help the team.

-As a sniper.... put a priority on AA, arty, and mg42 gunners.- This will help the rest of the team immensely.
(and stationaries are easy marks)

-Put the rifle away and spot that vehicle or squad moving to an unguarded flag.

Other notes:
-Shoot people in the back, last man in formation or when they are alone.- This will help keep you alive as a sniper. Not always possible when covering a field against an advancing force, but be sure to move after you wax the entire squad.

-Stay away from the obvious spots.-When someone gets sniped and notices, everyone looks to the highest point within range.
Many "game" snipers like to fire from hilltops, water towers, church steeples ( and especially from behind cover: the tree, the boulder, rock, etc.). The best spot that keeps you alive the longest, is the spot that looks like any other.

-10 kills from a single spot is a guaranteed death sentence against a real team. Try one or two kills at most, then move as if your life depends on it.... it probably does. (Even spotting a single location for too long can garner unwanted attention.).

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #9 on: 23-09-2009, 09:09:13 »
Once I did 20 kills from the same spot and they didn't got me. It's the bank building right next to the chruch in Fall of Tobruk. Alot of windows, good overview of area and stairs with great places for Smines. I shot a smarter player twice and then he saw  me and tried to sneak up the stairs, killed him twice with Smine and then fled with a 20 killing spree. Good ol' times.

Not much people use that spot, so new snipers, go! On PHL you have to all the way backwards at the very end of the road, sneak behind the tree and when the nearby base gets under attack you can pick off all Americans. Don't place Smines here as the better squads use this as a flanking route.

On Supercharge, when the fighting hits El Daba, don't go in top of the tower, thats foolish. Instead move around the roofs and pick of a target once in a while. Just use the opposite tactic here, move from roof to roof, I have not found a really good spot here as your always visible. And use your binoculars here, really handy for the AT gunners.

Fall of Tobruk, PHL and Supercharge are fun maps to snipe on. Mareth Line 16 is also great with a sniper, get on the hill behind Toujane and hide in the bushes. Not the tower. You can spread around some Smines into the dried up river here as British squads try to flank the village from here.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-09-2009, 14:09:38 »
Where is the german sniper rifle on PHL anyway? I looked on an empty server but didn't find it.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-09-2009, 16:09:02 »
there are 2 positions i know of but i think there is one more. but i wont tell you exactly where. 1 is at FJR6 position the other a bridge no.4.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #12 on: 23-09-2009, 23:09:11 »
If you can't hit shit on Public, go play SP and train, train, train!

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-09-2009, 23:09:38 »
Thanks for the tutorial maybe I'll actually get myself a scope

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-09-2009, 07:09:33 »
The best advice I could give is to look at the sniper thread we already have. Lots of good shit there.