Author Topic: Can't wait for 2.2  (Read 52508 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Can't wait for 2.2
« Reply #465 on: 08-06-2009, 13:06:41 »
Then I have understood totally wrong. I thought every release is a major release. ::)

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #466 on: 08-06-2009, 15:06:17 »
Then I have understood totally wrong. I thought every release is a major release. ::)

True  8)
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 08-06-2009, 15:06:05 »

If the numbers were represented by the amount of content 2.2 should be renamed 2.5.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:13 »
By the looks of things, id agree with you  :P
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline gamer123Fin

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:29 »
June 31st, the same day when Weasel Stomping Day is.

Ok, thanks very much. I dont even know what "Weasel Stomping Day" is... Maybe because I am from Finland.
So is he, hahaha  :P

?
And yeah, June has only 30 days. I didn't remember.

You mean that the update will maybe be released in DECEMBER?! Damn...

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:40 »
2.2 is a major release while 2.1 not.

Why, then, did you count 2.15? 2.1 included three maps, as did 2.15, and changed a number of aspects of the game. 2.15 had two new armies, one of which was already partially in, three maps, and some new weapons. As Fuzzy said, all releases are major releases.

@Gamer: No, that's simply his guess. There is officially no expected time for when the mod will come out - it could be tomorrow (but that is extremely unlikely) or it could be in three months time. From what the devs tell us, however, late September would be a good guess.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline CBC

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:06 »
well, just like kev said, whenever the devs are getting paid to do the mod, they would start working toward a deadline.

as i remember, the earlist work of 2.2 started long before 2.15 came out, so i beleieve the game already have tons of new stuff to this date. Although i really hoped that we can have Normandy before summer vacation, but thats not likely  ???  (but september is a good target 8)

next i'd like to see the new Amercian infantry model, and hopefully a paratropper model, and the mod is kinda missing american aircrafts, maybe a heavy bomber like B-24(that would be sick)? ;D

Offline pvtgmerpyleusmc

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:19 »
I have to admit that I was very disappointed that 2.2 wasn't released for the D-Day anniversary.   :(

Offline [CHN]Harrier

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:06 »
2.1 mainly added 3 new maps, if I remember correctly, while 2.15 added lots of more things besides new maps. ;)

I have to admit that I was very disappointed that 2.2 wasn't released for the D-Day anniversary.   :(

LIGHTNING will say they can release at June 6th of next year if you like it. ;D
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 16:06:41 by [CHN]Harrier »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 08-06-2009, 16:06:06 »
* Flippy Warbear feels Fuzzy

Meadow ;)

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 08-06-2009, 17:06:32 »
Wow, a Freudian slip and a half, there.

You're great, Flippy, you know that, but... y'know. We all still miss Fuzzy. ;)
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline pvtgmerpyleusmc

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 08-06-2009, 17:06:59 »
LIGHTNING will say they can release at June 6th of next year if you like it. ;D

They can wait as long as they like.  However, only the beta testers and devs will be playing it on their development server.  The original game (BF2) was released in 2005.  Except for die hard fans, the window on attracting interest wanes with each passing day. 

All one has to do is to fire up the game and hunt for a populated server.  Typically you'll only find one that has anybody playing, and lately even these aren't filled.

This doesn't bode well for the mod, IMHO.

And paid to do it or not, without milestone dates and a project schedule of sorts it, project creep slips in.  What should've taken six or eight months with folks working a few hours a week slows and takes over a year.

Answer this for me (and I know that someone here can), how many maps, armies, weapons, etc were released for FH1 in the same time period?  I have to admit, I started playing FH1 late after interest in DC .07 waned.  However, I soon began really enjoying this mod because there were so many battles in the rotation in all theaters of the war. 

Here we are four years after the release of BF2 and two and a half years after the release of 2.0, and we're still wandering around the deserts of North Africa.   

So tell me why are project schedules such a bad thing?

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 08-06-2009, 17:06:38 »
Want some cheese?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline [CHN]Harrier

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 08-06-2009, 17:06:25 »
OK, someone will start a routine speech soon, I guess. ;D

Offline pvtgmerpyleusmc

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 08-06-2009, 17:06:57 »
Want some cheese?

Ouch, nice middle school come back.  I applaud you.   ;)

Look.  I'm not whining and crying about it.  I'm not a regular poster here in your forums.  Matter of fact, I don't think I've even checked them before more than once or twice perhaps for technical information.

I just wanted to express my opinion and to basically state the obvious, which is that hardly no one is even playing FH2 anymore.  That's all.