Author Topic: Recommend Some Good HoI III Mods  (Read 3097 times)

azreal

Recommend Some Good HoI III Mods
« on: 01-05-2012, 05:05:35 »
I've been playing HoI III now off and on for quite some time now, and during that time I've always used DiDay's "ICE" mod. However, now that I'm reinstalling the game, yet again, I was wondering if there is anything better out there?

I know we have some HoI III players on these boards, so hopefully you guys can recommend some good solid mods. I'm mostly looking for WWII-era mods that add lots of new content and gameplay features to the original game, just like the ICE mod did.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend Some Good HoI III Mods
« Reply #1 on: 01-05-2012, 06:05:25 »
Whats so good about ICE mod?

I have been trying to find a modern war mod, but when i play HOI3, i do it Vanilla.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-05-2012, 08:05:37 »
Hearts of Iron 2  ;D

azreal

« Reply #3 on: 01-05-2012, 17:05:01 »
Whats so good about ICE mod?

Well for one it adds a ton of new units, events, and tech. Examples include armed transport ships, airborne AT battalions, ground Fallschirmjägers (Axis Only), SS units, ect, ect. It also gives each unit a new identifying mark.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-05-2012, 23:05:11 »
Dies Irae: Götterdammerung is awesome. it cost money though. ALso check out Stars & Stripes

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #5 on: 02-05-2012, 14:05:39 »
Dies Irae, yes. Gotterdammerung enhances Germany while Stars & Stripes enhances the US. Both are awesome. Also patiently waiting for the HPP mod for FTM.

HPP is Historical Plausibility Project and one of the most detailed mods I've ever seen. It gives you historical accuracy but also an insane amount of other scenarios. The alternate history in HPP is huge. You can turn Japan into a republic with historical events etc. best mod I've ever seen. For HoI3.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-05-2012, 00:05:05 »
HPP is amazing, so you should def get that.

azreal

« Reply #7 on: 05-05-2012, 07:05:24 »
Is it slated to be released soon?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #8 on: 05-05-2012, 13:05:03 »
I have no clue, been waiting for it for ages..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-06-2012, 03:06:23 »
Necro post.

Just decided to play the latest HPP patch, with some modding to give major powers some more leadership (germany with 10 leadership is just plain stupid....).

Anyways, I decided to go with a naval oriented Italy.  My plan was to get 3 BB fleets, plus one 2 Fleet Carrier fleet.  Things didn't quite work out though.

I didn't need the fleet carriers.  By the time I had them fully active and able to engage enemy ships, my BB's had sunk 5 British BB's for a loss of one (I started the war with 7).  I took the Suez, and made landings in Cyprus and Malta without any opposition from the Royal Navy.  By the time my Fleet Carriers were active, the Royal Navy had been completely driven from the Med, and I was landing in Gibralter |:

All told, quite a victory.

azreal

« Reply #10 on: 15-06-2012, 03:06:50 »
So this HPP mod is now out then I assume?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-06-2012, 03:06:34 »
It has always been out? o.=.O  It's just a regularly patched mod, currently on 2.06.72, for the FTM expansion.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?531-The-Historical-Plausibility-Project
« Last Edit: 15-06-2012, 03:06:36 by VonMudra »

azreal

« Reply #12 on: 15-06-2012, 05:06:58 »
See posts 6-8 of this thread...

EDIT: also, does this mod require any DLC?
« Last Edit: 15-06-2012, 05:06:16 by azreal »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-06-2012, 07:06:55 »
Yes, you'll need all the expansions.

Offline meloonimies

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-06-2012, 10:06:13 »
Just decided to play the latest HPP patch, with some modding to give major powers some more leadership (germany with 10 leadership is just plain stupid....).

Germany quickly gets lots of more leadership when they get more industry from austria and build more troops as the leadership in HPP is decided mostly by your countrys status. As Germany starts as just a regional power they have a meagre 8 leadership from their international status. After you build some more troops (44 new brigades) you can rise to a major power giving you 15 leadership from your international status. Then you can just wait to annex austria or build some industry on your own while building more troops and some ships and you get to a great power status giving you 20 leadership. It also helps that Germany has very modern technologies in many areas and they don't have to research them in the beginning.

You might already know all this but I just wanted to show how temporary the 10 (12 in the FTM version as you get 2x the leadership from education) leadership is for germany.