Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 118126 times)

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #180 on: 16-03-2013, 17:03:38 »
For the record, has anyone ever managed to land on a carrier yet? I keep failing utterly.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 16-03-2013, 18:03:21 »
I managed it a few times in a free flight mode, but never in a battle :D. It helps using a carrier based plane (no shit), come very slowly, land and brake ASAP, pro tip: fire all your MGs/cannons when landing, the recoil will help slow you down :D, works wonderfully with heavily armed planes, quite useful when you have to land quickly, or to slow down your approach.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 16-03-2013, 18:03:15 »
I finally gave it a try today and i must say I like it. Very nice graphics and much more fun than WoT is, at least for me, because of the variety in targets and the historical battles.
After changing the controls for the mouse to "relative" it is like flying in FH2 and I do quite some good kills now, since you can aim much more exactly this way.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 19-03-2013, 18:03:52 »
New patch has landed! We get customizable (a little) ammo belts, B-25(!) , and some other stuffs
More importantly there now is an option to create custom chat rooms! So get on zhe "Forgotten Hope" channel, and lets hope they work exactly like in WOT, without having to reopen them all the time.
WARNING!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 19-03-2013, 19:03:13 »
well the economy seems to have gone down the crapper so that's great... they'd better fix that, I have no intention of grinding for dat P-51 now that I'm "just" 4 ranks away ಠ_ಠ

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 19-03-2013, 22:03:34 »
Oh yeah, the economy went to shit, dunno what they were thinking (money, probably), but what we have now is completely unacceptable. The new flight model is quite interesting, but i feel it's a bit too realistic for arcade IMO.
WARNING!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 19-03-2013, 23:03:54 »

love the buffalo :D

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 20-03-2013, 01:03:37 »
Did anything of the controls/flight model change in a way that could make the game more enjoyable for people using gamepad/joystick?

Haven't played after I broke my gamepad like a month ago, needa get a new one soon.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 20-03-2013, 07:03:57 »
New flight models for La-5, La-7, Wirraway, Tempest, TBF-1c, SM.79, Me.410, Ki-49, Ju-87B, Ju-87D, Ju-87G, F1M2, D3A1, Boomerang, Beaufighter, Me.262 and Me.163
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 20-03-2013, 12:03:13 »
Ok, so they just changed some specific flight models, I see. Thank you.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 20-03-2013, 12:03:52 »
All in all some good improvements in this patch but also some flaws. Tbh I like the fact that finaly the virtual money plays a significant role in the game. If I needed money in the last versions, I just flew like three or four rounds with my russian bombers and filled my wallet with ease. Now I have to think carefully wich planes I want to buy/use and wich type of ammo I need. A new ammo belt for the Yak 9t can cost up to 36000!!!! lions and that's alot with the current economy system. You might say that this system is crap now, but I like the challenging aspect of it.

I also like the fact that the bombers are forced to fly more like bombers and not like diving fortess anymore. You really have to use the bomb view now to hit something and that requires some skill ofcourse.

What I like too are the new flight models. Beaufighter is finaly only fast as hell and not agile as a biplane anymore. That's how it should be. Noticed no difference on my D3A1 though. It is still more like a damn agile fighter with bombs and not an attacker.

What I don't like: the fact the you can't adjust the fuel on some planes like the A6M2 for example. I always have to fly with a full tank wich makes it more fly like a brick.
Besides this I don't like the fact that you have to leave the aircraft when you are damaged on the airfield and could get repaired. This system worked nicely before, so why change it  ??? And why is ejection still forced in Arcade? It is bullshit that I have to leave my airplane though I could fly back to the airfield and repair it.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 20-03-2013, 15:03:43 »
They've changed the physics in general, P40 now flies like a bag of bricks for example, and some other planes just feel absolutely horrible to fly (I'm talking arcade ofc.) Especially twin engined planes (A20, BF110, Beau, P38), regardless if they were agile or not IRL.

All in all some good improvements in this patch but also some flaws. Tbh I like the fact that finaly the virtual money plays a significant role in the game. If I needed money in the last versions, I just flew like three or four rounds with my russian bombers and filled my wallet with ease. Now I have to think carefully wich planes I want to buy/use and wich type of ammo I need. A new ammo belt for the Yak 9t can cost up to 36000!!!! lions and that's alot with the current economy system. You might say that this system is crap now, but I like the challenging aspect of it.
Disagree, It's fucked up, with current EXP gain,it's going to take years before I'll reach rank 9 (and I'm half way there), I get crap amounts of exp regardless of how well the battle goes. It's a horrible grind, and that's just rank 8 , I don't want to think to think whats rank 18 like, I'm tired of games being grindy as hell, just so you have to buy the effin premium account if you want to get anywhere without playing the game for 10 hours a day, and that's saying without even talking about ridiculous prices of everything.
They have to change it back.
WARNING!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 20-03-2013, 16:03:02 »
I would never understand people that play games for grinding/getting to the next level. Im really enjoying my tiers 4 and 5 and I have no desire to rush my way to high tiers. I play because i want to play, not becase I want to grind.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 20-03-2013, 16:03:29 »
Actually , I planned to stay at tier 9 with USA(guess i was late bay a day or two), but "playing for enjoyment" is no excuse for horrible economy. I'm so glad i got most of the planes i wanted before they "updated" the game.

Oh, and i have just realised my derpness, the chat room name is "FogottenHope",because apparently you cannot make spaces in the names. Join eet!
« Last Edit: 20-03-2013, 16:03:14 by Musti »
WARNING!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 20-03-2013, 16:03:22 »
I'm with Musti on this, I also wanted to just reach a certain rank and then not care anymore (rank 13, P-51 and B-17s), but I'm never gonna get there now. And when I think about how I actually wanted to spend some money on this game, holy shit I'm so glad I didn't and I'm not gonna after I've witnessed how much they are willing to mess with the game. :-X