Author Topic: Chinese have a carrier-killer BAlLLISTIC missile  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese have a carrier-killer BAlLLISTIC missile
« Reply #15 on: 01-04-2009, 05:04:26 »
With this I win. I dont care what kinda missiles you have.

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-04-2009, 05:04:40 »
Flyboy, you might have to change your sig. FileFront is back up, at least temporarily.

Though it is surprising that they are so advanced

You are surprised? I knew they were getting close; they already have a manned space program that is progressing at roughly the same rate as ours did in the Space Race, they were working on this for a long time, and they do make fairly good missiles. Besides, they are hardly the first people to develop something along these lines; while the Pershing II wasn't specifically designed to go after moving ships, it did have radar guidance on a maneuverable reentry vehicle back in the '80s. It proved it could be done, the Chinese just extended the scope of the concept.

Besides, it was revealed recently. It probably entered service in 2007 or 2008, the way China handles this sort of thing.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-04-2009, 13:04:38 »
You are surprised?

Well, no, as I said, it's not surprising in general.  ;) At the most, in the details.