Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 48428 times)

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #615 on: 11-06-2014, 00:06:43 »
At least it was fast? I could watch that gif all day.

I think they shouldn't have revealed their ace just yet, those climbers could've been killed with arrows, god damn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4oQzTGTc_g

Also this is epic
« Last Edit: 11-06-2014, 01:06:23 by PanzerKnacker »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 11-06-2014, 09:06:01 »
You know nuthin' John S-NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I dislike how they changed the way she died in the series....Ygrittes death in the books was way more tragic. But I guess that little boy really needed a "revenge moment", even though it was super kitschy.
Also, since when does Castle Black have walls in the south? Isn´t the whole point of the Nights Watchs castles that they´re strong to the north, but weak to the south so they´ll never rebell against other men again?
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 11-06-2014, 09:06:22 »
Well, considering we are in a fantasy genre typically coming with excessively high and thick walls (that ice wall and some of the cities' walls for example), that wall was comparably small and, as seen, it was no real barrier for the attackers.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 11-06-2014, 10:06:00 »
Well, there´s a difference between an improvised wall, as in the books, or a "comparably small", yet permanent wall, as in the show. I know it´s basically just a minor detail and not very important, but I´m not very happy when show producers change stuff which is canon in the original work for particular reasons.
IMHO the fact that CB has no south wall represents the whole concept of the Nights Watch in a very simple way: Protect the realm from the dangers of the North, but never, ever dare to turn against the south!
But maybe that´s just the book Nazi in me bickering and I should just go back to writing my BA thesis...  ;D
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #619 on: 11-06-2014, 10:06:04 »
Actually the Night's Watch rebelled when they've a Southern Wall! That's why they demolished the southern side.  ;)
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 11-06-2014, 15:06:05 »
I promised my friend that I'd watch this shit if he'd watch Breaking Bad. Currently neither of us has started doing anything about it.

You are both missing out and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting this. Must be hard seeing all these people having loads of fun, while you are under the impression that your not-watching will stop production or halt our viewing pleasure or something.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 11-06-2014, 20:06:01 »
You are both missing out and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be posting this. Must be hard seeing all these people having loads of fun, while you are under the impression that your not-watching will stop production or halt our viewing pleasure or something.

Did I get under your skin or did someone piss in your cereals this morning?

I know very well that GoT is great, there wouldnt be such a fuss about it and people like yourself wouldnt get all antsy about it when someone tells them that they honestly dont really care enough to start watching it.

It is not hard to see people having fun since I watch the stuff that brings me tremendous amounts of fun. And I have never thought that me not watching it would have an effect on the production or whatever, dont be silly.

You, sir, are the one under whatever impressions you have right now. Does it bother you if not everybody is praising something that such a large portion of people are going apeshit about? If that's the case, good. People like that fully deserve it.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 11-06-2014, 22:06:08 »
No worries Flippy, you are just like me  :)
I also didn't see anything of this series yet.
We can be friends!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 12-06-2014, 13:06:48 »

I'm going to start from Season 1 tonight.

Biiviz

« Reply #624 on: 12-06-2014, 15:06:39 »
Game of Thrones VS Lord of the Rings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgqUI6e1T5E

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 13-06-2014, 12:06:14 »

Did I get under your skin or did someone piss in your cereals this morning?

I know very well that GoT is great, there wouldnt be such a fuss about it and people like yourself wouldnt get all antsy about it when someone tells them that they honestly dont really care enough to start watching it.

It is not hard to see people having fun since I watch the stuff that brings me tremendous amounts of fun. And I have never thought that me not watching it would have an effect on the production or whatever, dont be silly.

You, sir, are the one under whatever impressions you have right now. Does it bother you if not everybody is praising something that such a large portion of people are going apeshit about? If that's the case, good. People like that fully deserve it.

You post things like this on a regular basis, whether it's a game, movie, series. You are just wonky that you don't like something as much, hence the hype disturbs you, and by posting, you are venting your own frustration, which makes you feel good, but also in hope people might agree.

You remind me of the kid that doesn't get his way, takes his/the football home, thinking the others will have to stop playing, which of course, they won't. In fact, you are doing them a favor. If someone hits that nerve, the so-called civil and patronizing answer comes out. Such predictable human behavior is hardly worth going apeshit over. I just love piercing through it, it's just too tempting.
« Last Edit: 13-06-2014, 12:06:54 by Gezoes »

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 13-06-2014, 12:06:35 »
Great analysis, but completely wrong person.  :)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #627 on: 13-06-2014, 14:06:28 »
Does make me curious, what is your goal with that post, Flippy? You decide to post in a topic about Game of Thrones to state that you have no interest in Game of Thrones. It does not add to the discussion and the only thing it achieves is a discussion that clearly ends with a negative vibe..

A light case of the trolls perhaps?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 13-06-2014, 14:06:58 »
So now Im not allowed to post something here dear Fuchs? Out of all the posts that are posted here daily, you have issues with something I post and automatically assume it has to be some sort of trolling?

A goal? I dont know, do I need a goal for a post, since when? A lot of posts in these forums dont seem to have any sort of real reason or "goal", why should mine? And when did I say I have no interest in GoT?

My whole purpose was to say that I have yet to watch this, even thought I have had the intentions of doing so since me and my friend made a deal about it. I just simply dont have enough time to start watching it.

Take your troll-hunt elsewhere.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 13-06-2014, 15:06:05 »
I have yet to watch season 4, and I'm unsure whether all those spoilers are any good for me.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom