Author Topic: I went on the internet and I found this v2.0 - Joke Harder  (Read 463485 times)

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
Re: I went on the internet and I found this v2.0 - Joke Harder
« Reply #5490 on: 31-01-2014, 15:01:11 »
Hmm. It looks kinda boring, but below you can see the biggest battle ever to have happened in EVE online. Within 8 hours players burned ships worth 200.000 €uros.
In order to be a top player, you'll probably have to spend 8 days peer week online, accordingly the amount of time spent here to create goods worth 200.000€ without paying is just insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI
http://themittani.com/news/b-r5rb-biggest-battle-all-eve

You have to remember these were the biggest entities in Eve, and there is a lot more happening than you can see in this video. Due to thousands of pilots being involved, time is also slowed down so the server, which is comparable to military hardware, doesn't crash. The ordinary person seeing this and joining Eve, 90% will not make it, let alone ever fly a Titan or something along those lines. This was pretty much the big honsho's fighting.

Also, most of this '$' was made ingame, so it isn't like people drop their salaries to buy Titans. That's just for the headlines so people can grasp more or less what happened. Eve cannot be explained easily, it's far too complicated for that. That's why I like it, very few console kiddies or neanderthals. Plenty of psychopaths, that's certainly true. But it has consquences, and can be highly rewarding if you DO get through the learning curve. I also like that it has people from all over the planet, and I thrive in sandboxes. Most people don't, and rather have a scripted game, which is fine, but don't come to Eve and ask: What should I do next? You won't make it.

The battle actually lasted for 21 hours, with about 70 dead Titans and (tens of) thousands of other ships, and all timezones working together. Eve is not for the quick draw, it's takes planning, coordination and a lot of effort. Not necessarily, not always, but with these battles? Definitely. I'd say watch a good sci-fi movie maybe  ;)
« Last Edit: 31-01-2014, 15:01:49 by Gezoes »

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: 01-02-2014, 01:02:44 »
I simply cannot afford a valium addiction, which is probably required when travelling hours and hours from one spot to the next. Otherwise you turn to dust.

Being successive in EVE requires you either to play a couple of hours each day for a period of a couple of years, or being unemployed at all. Or you should be pensioner or a spoiled rich kid with no friends.

I played for 3 month and my case officer in my corporation was almost always available. He was offline for only a couple of hours at max, joining the game several times per day. It made me wonder when he actually might go for a sleep, not even speaking of employment.

In a comment somewhere I found a line that keeps staying in my mind: More than anything else, EVE is a social experiment.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: 01-02-2014, 09:02:22 »
NB: Might make some people nauseous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGM3VvpsOE

----

My apologies if I've team-killed you.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: 01-02-2014, 11:02:48 »

What the fucking shit is wrong with people?!?!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Musti

• View Profile
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: 01-02-2014, 12:02:58 »

What the fucking shit is wrong with people?!?!
0:29

With face like that, I'd try my luck too.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: 01-02-2014, 22:02:34 »
The title of that video and the language they speak sounds unexpectedly similiar to Turkish. I can even understand that one guy says "point it out, point it out" and I can make out the title says: "Damascus Mujahideen are writing Ko'ngil (dunno what that is)" So I guess they are Syrian Turkomans.

Also dat giggle  ;D

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: 02-02-2014, 06:02:46 »
Like I think I recall saying maybe year ago, when you know Turkish then Uzbek and other Turkic languages are no problem. It means goenuel.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: 02-02-2014, 08:02:26 »
Oh, I see, thanks! Some words have changed a lot that I cant recognise them :P

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: 02-02-2014, 15:02:22 »
http://news-hound.co/please-keep-this-going-around-the-world/

Wat.

I guess living on an island in the middle of nowhere tends to make you bored enough to find fun in a mindless massacre of other fellow inhabitants of this planet...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: 02-02-2014, 16:02:13 »
Not a funny video, but highly impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYw4meRWGd4

Felix Baumgarnters statosphere jump from his own perspective, filmed with several cameras attached to his suit.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.