Author Topic: Anti Tank Mines  (Read 5804 times)

TurkishCommando007

Anti Tank Mines
« on: 27-01-2012, 18:01:45 »
Hey everyone! me again...

so I tried to use these mines by planting them on roads but usually nobody passes or the passers are from my team and I get a teamkill. How to use AT mines  effectively?

Thank you

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Anti Tank Mines
« Reply #1 on: 27-01-2012, 20:01:33 »
1. Run to a tank
2. Hit y to go prone
3. Spam LMB while praying he didn't see you
4. ??
5. PROFIT!!!

On a more serious note, it's always good to place them on chokepoints and bottlenecks (bridges, narrow passes) where enemies are likely to pass. Also place Flags in the friendly area BEFORE the mines AND write in chat the exact location where did you put them, several times in fact. But chances are you will TK someone... It's how this game works, nobody ever reads warnings.

My plan to use them would be to get a whole 6 man squad to go engineer and just drop a lot of mines in a bottleneck, possibly using a truck to resupply ammo (IIRC it is possible?) but I never managed to organize such an action... pubbie players...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-01-2012, 22:01:59 »
Don't forget that while you don't have to throw your mine warning flags near your mines (even though it is a good idea) you could throw some of those flags in one area (where you didn't put mines) and then actually put mines in the alternate route. If there's two bridges into an area, you could throw a load of flags near one bridge, and the enemy might see them and think 'Shit there's mines here I'll go to the next bridge', where there are no flags, and then you kill him because you put all your mines at a different spot to where the flags were.

But mining is a risky business, any kind of mine in FH2 no matter where you put it is a teammate magnet. Sometimes I think you could drop an anti-tank mine in an infantry-only map and somehow you'd still manage to blow up some friendly armor.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-01-2012, 07:01:17 »
Ah, the art of mining. Mine aggressively, don't put mines on routes that your allies MIGHT take.

Usually tankers fall into your trap when you put your mines in the middle of nowhere (you still have to guess where they love to go). The logic is simply because tankers tends to be a lot more cautious when going through chokepoints/driving near flags while when driving somewhere far away from spawns/flags they'll relax and don't pay attention to your mines.

I am not discouraging chokepoint mining, but to destroy the skilled tankers' tanks you need to learn to mine in the middle of nowhere. They'll just suddenly go kaboom and I love imagining their reaction ...  8)

Still, to mine effectively, you need more experience. Humans are humans, their minds are weak and will follow similar patterns.

(what I am talking here is passive mining - you could do the active mining suggested by LuckyOne as well)
« Last Edit: 28-01-2012, 07:01:11 by General_Henry »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-01-2012, 14:01:56 »
Ah, the art of mining. Mine aggressively, don't put mines on routes that your allies MIGHT take.

Usually tankers fall into your trap when you put your mines in the middle of nowhere (you still have to guess where they love to go). The logic is simply because tankers tends to be a lot more cautious when going through chokepoints/driving near flags while when driving somewhere far away from spawns/flags they'll relax and don't pay attention to your mines.

I am not discouraging chokepoint mining, but to destroy the skilled tankers' tanks you need to learn to mine in the middle of nowhere. They'll just suddenly go kaboom and I love imagining their reaction ...  8)

Still, to mine effectively, you need more experience. Humans are humans, their minds are weak and will follow similar patterns.

(what I am talking here is passive mining - you could do the active mining suggested by LuckyOne as well)

I don't really know how effective could be putting 5 mines in the middle of nowhere... (I'm guessing just a few kills in the whole game...) If you mine chokepoints at least you'll get loads of kills from the incautious newbies..
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

TurkishCommando007

« Reply #5 on: 28-01-2012, 14:01:23 »
can the enemy see those little mine flags too?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-01-2012, 15:01:13 »
yes

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-01-2012, 18:01:49 »
If the enemy is coming from one direction only, it is generally a good idea to mine roads that lead towards their first objective. On Mount Olympus for example, the germans wil want to enter the village from the right.
If i take the engineers kit on that map, I always make shure to place a handful of mines on the road that leads into it. If possible, position your mine flag in a way that the enemy cannot see it, but all friendlies will.
E.G. there is is a pile of rubble at th gate you must pass in order to go into that village. Place your mine flags behind it, that way everyone in the village (your units) will be able to receive the warning, but the German tanks will not.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-01-2012, 21:01:48 »

I don't really know how effective could be putting 5 mines in the middle of nowhere... (I'm guessing just a few kills in the whole game...) If you mine chokepoints at least you'll get loads of kills from the incautious newbies..

Tankers are predictable, they'll avoid bumpy places so they won't flip their tanks and follow a smoother path. Some people love to hide their tanks in certain cover position (hull down let's say). These are all great places to mine and I don't think any tankers could avoid this kind of traps unless really lucky.

Chokepoint mining is effective in killing newbies, that is for sure.

Offline Rabid_Rabbit_RI

• Trogdor strikes in the NIGHT!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31-01-2012, 02:01:47 »
Hears a question ::) Has there been any talk of a way to plant a whole row of mines like in FH with the special Half-track?  An if that was too much then maybe a kit that allows you to plant more than the few mines the standard kit gets?I feel that the mine detecting equipment is probably the most useless thing if we cant get some fields of mines out there.  :-\

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-01-2012, 07:01:12 »
Hears a question ::) Has there been any talk of a way to plant a whole row of mines like in FH with the special Half-track?  An if that was too much then maybe a kit that allows you to plant more than the few mines the standard kit gets?I feel that the mine detecting equipment is probably the most useless thing if we cant get some fields of mines out there.  :-\

bring a truck with you and a few friends (probably a engineer squad), reload your mines at trucks.

you could lay down at most 6 mines per person, 6 people could lay down 36 mines which is pretty much a minefield that would be really hard to clear.

If just one guy could lay down such a minefield (as in FH1), it would be pretty overpowered.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-01-2012, 11:01:00 »
Max number is 5 general henry  ;)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-02-2012, 02:02:36 »
Max number is 5 general henry  ;)

huh, they tuned it down?

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-02-2012, 19:02:18 »
Has always been.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-02-2012, 20:02:55 »
6th mine put down = 1st mine disappears.