Author Topic: BF1943  (Read 16572 times)

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
Re: BF1943
« Reply #45 on: 02-04-2009, 19:04:38 »
Natty - where are you getting the info that BF1943 will be updated after its release? Please link me to a DICE employee stating this explicitly, for I have only been able to find people saying the opposite, that it is to be a complete, polished product to hold people over til BFBC2.

Oh, and this, for those who remember:
'Why the Kar98k for the Japanese? Will it be changed?
No. This was made for budget reasons and stays in (we already had it). Battlefield 1943 is an affordable download game and to keep the price down we sometimes have to do things like this. I really, really wanted the Arisaka but alas. The ways of the world. ;)'

I'm at a loss for words.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #46 on: 02-04-2009, 19:04:20 »
I'll say it for you then.
Damn cheapskates.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Biiviz

« Reply #47 on: 02-04-2009, 19:04:52 »
No. This was made for budget reasons and stays in (we already had it). Battlefield 1943 is an affordable download game and to keep the price down we sometimes have to do things like this. I really, really wanted the Arisaka but alas. The ways of the world. ;)'

I'm at a loss for words.

I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry. They did the same mistake all over again, but this time on purpose and they aren't fixing it because it would cost to much?

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02-04-2009, 20:04:59 »

I'm at a loss for words.

I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry. They did the same mistake all over again, but this time on purpose and they aren't fixing it because it would cost to much?

Yeah. That makes no sense at all... o_0.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02-04-2009, 22:04:44 »

I'm at a loss for words.

They're shitty excuse for using the K98 with the Japanese would probably be, "Well that's how it was in BF1942 and everyone liked that game so we're trying to bring it back" even though that bugged the fuck out of me when I first saw it in BF42 years back.

This game is going to be a lame lame side show of a game. Even the idea of modding it is extremely silly... you have to have a community playing the game in large numbers that actually cares about mods first.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:34 »
Its now 100% offical that bf1943 wont ship with mod tools/ editor (read on swedish site) so please forget about this idea  :P

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04-04-2009, 13:04:58 »
I'd almost say "Excellent", though I will leave it at "We told you so, as expected". :p

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04-04-2009, 17:04:43 »
I'll probably buy it anyway. The whole concept does not appeal that much to me but my friends and clanmates will definately buy it and I like to be able to play with them.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04-04-2009, 18:04:17 »
Why not just convince them that the game isn't what it's cracked up to be?

Would save more than one person some money.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #54 on: 04-04-2009, 19:04:09 »
I'm not part of the team but I say it's unlikely. BF1943 is better suited for the fast, comic-like gameplay and probably not even moddable. Also,, who wants to buy that shit?

You're confusing Battlfield Heroes with Battlfield 1943 and there is also a PC version of Battlefield Bad Company 2 comming... The last two battlefield games I named run on the Frostbite engine, which means that a big part of the enviorment will be destructable... I say finnish this mod for Battlefield 2 and wait untill they release the ultimate: Battlefield 3.  ;D

If EA wants to keep it's Battlefield community and customers they better do release the damn mod files. >:(
« Last Edit: 04-04-2009, 19:04:12 by 101st Air Hawkeye »
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 04-04-2009, 19:04:19 »
Hes not. Just look at the soldiers in BF1943, clearly comic style. Doesn't look like realistic soldiers. Just compare 1943 with BC2.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 04-04-2009, 21:04:24 »
Why not just convince them that the game isn't what it's cracked up to be?

Would save more than one person some money.
They love BF1942s gameplay, with 30 bomb fighters and shell lobbing tanks included. Heck one of them thought tanks actually fired in such ridiculous arcs. Besides there is still fun to be had in arcade gameplay. It's a nice change of pace.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #57 on: 04-04-2009, 23:04:37 »
Hes not. Just look at the soldiers in BF1943, clearly comic style. Doesn't look like realistic soldiers. Just compare 1943 with BC2.

The vanilla Battlefield 2 models als didn't look that realistic... I first wanna play it then I'll judge  ;)
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05-04-2009, 00:04:15 »
I was just pointing at that TS knows about what he is posting about  :P I'll see what this game becomes, got some bad feelings with the cheap things about the Kar98 and stuff but well, we'll see.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05-04-2009, 00:04:53 »
I always find it funny when I read BF1943 devs talking about the "complexity" of Battlefield 1942, and how this will be a more simplistic experience.

LOL I thought BF1942 was pretty damn simplistic... the thought of them dumming that down is unbelievable to me.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA