Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 : How to increase gamers community  (Read 3732 times)

Offline guildertool

• View Profile
Hello, dear FH2 developers and players.
Since 2014 to 2015 FH2 community lost more than 200 players, so i got an idea, how to increase population of our communuty and support FH2.

I have some ideas how to revive FH2 and attract more people to this project.
As im a gamedesigner and developer of some projects, i got steam greenlight platform, so , if You are interested i can place information in Steam greenlight with information about FH2 project.
I hope that You are interested in this. Anyway, steam greenlight allows placement of any type of mods.
So, please, answer me. Im great fan of Forgotten Hope 2 and i want to make more popular.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 : How to increase gamers community
« Reply #1 on: 24-11-2015, 22:11:31 »
Hmm,interesting to hear
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-11-2015, 23:11:09 »
Hello, dear FH2 developers and players.
Since 2014 to 2015 FH2 community lost more than 200 players...
and gain around 200 new players at the same time? From what I've seen during last few years, FH2 playerbase is pretty much stable, at least when it comes to numbers on the servers. Can you please give the source of those stats (AFAIK you are one of [762] admins, right?), because I seriously doubt it's true. It looks like yet another "FH2 is dying" thread.

About the other part of your post, it sounds like a nice idea, but I doubt it will make sense, since FH2 is not standalone mod, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but it is not possible to get BF2 via Steam anymore?

Offline guildertool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-11-2015, 14:11:11 »
1. BF2 is not available in steam. They closed it 6-7 month ago. But, i have seen in devpages of greenlight some mods for BF2.
FH2 is free - so, if i get agreement from dev team about FH2 page in greenlight, i post it there and begin gaining of "likes" to release this mod in main steam platform.
2. [762] has many players, but now, before 2.5 release, [762] has opened few new servers. So, we need to get population in this servers. Anyway, i know at least 12 players, that dropped FH2 to Heroes and Generals, RO2, and other WW2 games. I hope that i can help to project this way.

Sorry 4 my english)

Offline LazMan12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-11-2015, 14:11:57 »
I think it's a good idea, though I'm not sure what the results would be. Still it's nice to have active fans who try to make FH2 more popular with whatever means, it won't hurt. You should contact the devs and ask for an opinion/permission conserning Steam :)

Offline PicoDK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-11-2015, 15:11:36 »
I think it's a very good idea. It would get out to many people, and I think FH2 is way better than Steam's Heroes and Generals, maybe current HAG players think that aswell if they get into FH2.

For example; I am also playing I44, the WW2 mod for Arma 2 OA. Even this one is not greenlighted, which means only few plays and have knowledge about the mod.

Offline Kinryu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-11-2015, 06:11:50 »
I think there is merit in this, it would attract a lot of users who aren't normally within the WW2 mod circle and want to try it out.  :)

Offline guildertool

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-11-2015, 08:11:28 »
So, i wait the answer of FH2 developers team.
I hope their answer will be "yes".
Then, i place a page in Greenlight with permission of devs)

Got some questions about FH2 and terms of use BF2 engine.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-11-2015, 18:11:44 »
We can't put FH2 on Steam because we use copyrighted material from BF2 (which is not even sold on Steam).

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-11-2015, 01:11:35 »
but you CAN make it standalone like Project Reality.

Just do it guys.

Offline LazMan12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-11-2015, 10:11:18 »
I don't know about the current mod, because steam used to sell BF2 and many users still have it- there are many mods on steam. But a standalone FH2 game would be trully impossible to put on greenlight without serious copywright problems...

Offline guildertool

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-11-2015, 12:11:48 »
We can't put FH2 on Steam because we use copyrighted material from BF2 (which is not even sold on Steam).
We can do it. Because it is mod, and it is free. That is all.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27-11-2015, 20:11:54 »
Because it is mod, and it is free. That is all.
Parts of the mod are BF2 and coyprighted.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28-11-2015, 14:11:43 »
That's the sticking point.

The other side is, while many players have returned to Forgotten Hope.
I find it hard to imagine we are getting new players.

Because, if the Battlefield 2 game isn't being sold or supported any more, then absolutely new player is being added to the player base. Not one.

Hence, we are either marking time at best, losing and gaining in equal measure from a finite pool of fans who bought BF2 before the game went off the shelves,

OR more likely, on a glide-slope to oblivion, no matter how much things look stable now. Eventually,
people will stop playing, and our one and only strategy of getting people to dust of their BF2 game will fail with increasing regularity until we lack a critical mass to make playing online worthwhile.

THE END

If people ARE able to acquire Battlefield 2, then this is all a moot point and we should stop discussing it.
If we are on a glide-slope however, then we need to stop sweeping this discussion under the rug and pool our rather dedicated fan-base in whatever effort we choose to keep the mod alive.
« Last Edit: 28-11-2015, 14:11:22 by djinn »

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29-11-2015, 09:11:25 »
Did anyone ever tried contacting copyright holders about this? I wouldn't expect much from EA, but according to some people even miracles happen.

Fact is, major blocker for new players is BF 2 not being sold anymore. It is still possible to get, but most people just can't be bothered looking for it. Tried to lure some of my friends into FH 2 and most would like to try it, but don't want to look for BF2 all over the interwebz.
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."