Author Topic: Save the poor Italians !  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
Save the poor Italians !
« on: 06-12-2009, 21:12:58 »
I became mad today, and played Gazala with Italian armors only (something I never did, mostly because Italian stuff is known to be quite crappy). Here are all the problems I noticed.  :P

1st point: 47mm L/32 gun is a bit wrong.
- It penetrates a Crusader I almost everywhere (that's good) but a point blank side shot isn't enough to kill it (that should be the result with a 47mm gun piercing such a thin armor)

- This gun bounces off a Stuart front armor whatever the distance is. This is wrong. It depends from the values used to set up FH but the result should be either penetration everywhere in the front armor of the Stuart, or at least in the turret. (penetration data for the gun: 57mm @100m, 44mm @500m, 32mm @1000m vs Stuart armor: 38mm @ various angles for mantlet, turret & superstructure, 44mm @67° for hull)

- Both M13/40 and Semovente L40 use this gun, but the reload time is nearly divided by 2 for the L40. Even though I understand that may have been set to give an asset to the Semovente in tank hunting roles, that's a bit weird (especially because the crew has more space in the turret of the M13 than in the hull of the L40, so it must be a bit less awkward and faster to reload).

2nd point: Semovente L40 armor
Another problem: this box on tracks can be one-shot from any distance by any weapon while it is supposed to have a decent front armor: 38mm for the hull and 51mm for the mantlet. It should only receive little damage from a far 2 pdrs shot, and a medium distance shot in the hull should damage the L40 badly, but not blow it up completly.
« Last Edit: 06-12-2009, 21:12:58 by Strat_84 »

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: Save the poor Italians !
« Reply #1 on: 08-12-2009, 10:12:16 »
rarely played Gazala, thus rarely had armour battle with the Italian armour.

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-12-2009, 10:12:38 »
Game is so german biased! We want the game to be Italian biassed!
Semovente L40 is the only tank I have been able to use succesfully.
It is a nice tankhunter but as you mention,it is really,really hard to kill a Stuart...almost impossible.
Btw,what did you say about Crusader and point blank?
« Last Edit: 12-12-2009, 10:12:30 by Jürgen »

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-12-2009, 14:12:15 »
I said that I once came with a L40, managed to flank a crusader and shot in the tracks at point blank. The shell hit but I believe the crusader didn't loose more than half of its health bar (it wasn't even smoking).

Such hit should be a direct kill with a 47mm gun.  :)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #4 on: 15-12-2009, 17:12:38 »
Italian stuff is known to be quite crappy

lulz!  

wild horses couldn't make me drive a Semovente into battle, and believe me those horsey bastards have tried!

However the Carro Armato using HE is only way to break the tobruk line with a decisive punch.

« Last Edit: 15-12-2009, 17:12:41 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-12-2009, 06:12:18 »
Game is so german biased! We want the game to be Italian biassed!
Semovente L40 is the only tank I have been able to use succesfully.
It is a nice tankhunter but as you mention,it is really,really hard to kill a Stuart...almost impossible.
Btw,what did you say about Crusader and point blank?

the Semovente is raping AT guns... one semovente and all the AT guns on the northern hill flag are out of commission for good.

they reload a bit too fast I think...