Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179870 times)

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #480 on: 16-02-2010, 09:02:48 »
Gigi

Yes I know it is a romance film, but I am a delicate butterfly with a heart of gold. Besides, it was pretty damn good, with actual characters who were interesting, an interesting setting, decent tension, emotion, good music, etc. I guess I have a soft spot for musicals, but I found it quite enjoyable. Not a sissy movie at all, good culture clash, coming of age elements. Character based, as any romance (if it can be called that) film must be.

Not really a romance film, come to think of that. Tough to say what its about. Kind of like I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell crossed with Stand By Me set in 1900 Paris

9/10

(Also, anytime the bell rings in Gigi's apartment, wait for 0.4s after the door is answered and then say, in a surprised exclamation, "Gaston!" You will be right almost all the time.)
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 20-02-2010, 02:02:51 »
Oh, Ted. We do share many interests, TAWP is one of my favorite comedies, it's one of those movie I at least see one time per year.
Yeah me too :) I still have fond memories of watching it the first time in the 7th grade, "high" on energy drinks (you do what you can to get entoxicated:P).
"many interests", any more you have noticed, except FH? ;)

Just watched Rain Man. Actually the first time I saw the whole movie.
What can I say, I'll always be impressed by the amazing performance from Dustin Hoffman, one of the best acting-performances I've ever seen I think.

I don't know what to say, it's a great movie.

8/10
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #482 on: 27-02-2010, 03:02:18 »
Casablanca
- Such a classic! Bogey as the cynical, bitter bar owner in Casablanca during the first half of World War 2.
So many classical quotes, scenes and actors.

- I stick my neck out for nobody

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 27-02-2010, 03:02:19 »
Here's looking at you, kid!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 27-02-2010, 09:02:15 »
Die Hard 1 to 4,0

Die Hard 1 - 8/10... Only thing preventing it from getting 9/10 was the 'surprise ending' AFTER they killed the bad guy

Die Hard 2 - 6.5/10... Alot of 'yer, rright' situations, the way he killed the airplane was unbelievable (the flame jumped) and the 'Yippik Kai Yay, mf' didn't quite fit right - I see this one as a lucky success to have allowed them to make sequels at all

Die Hard 3 - 8/10 Classic! Typical Eurpoean bad guys, black side-kick, but plot was good, and the 'sidekick' was not there simply for laughs and giggles... Its success was to stay true to DIe Hard 1's formular with a completely different setting - Classic buddy action and the bad guy should go into the top-ten of villians...

Die Hard 4.0 - 9/10... why not - Perfect use of the character's punchline and a perfect ending to the franchise with all of McClaine's traits showing their mettle after so many years, techno-phobia, European 'bad guys' (Loved the cameo of that french guy from B... something, for those who saw that one), radio communication, McClain's classic values and wisecrack, smart bad guy, hostage situation, killing enemy vehicles in low tech ways... HEY! It's Die Hard :-)

What I most love of the movies is the classic action of the '90s style it had, where the most efficient gun is a pistol, and the bad guys and good guys are just that, black and white... The simplicity is a lovely change, and the character of McClain, for me, should be put in the same category as classics like Indiana Jones - They are so well developed and lovable

But I swear, if those bastards decide to make a sequel, it will kill it

« Last Edit: 27-02-2010, 09:02:15 by djinn »

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #485 on: 27-02-2010, 23:02:43 »
Hang 'em High

Clint Eastwood's first American made western.

A good film.  It has a good story to it, although it is a bit confusing as to who exactly was being killed for what.  Not quite as much shooting as I would have liked, and there were some bits that were very padded and drawn out (like the 6 man hanging scene).

Generally though, I thought this was a good film and I'd watch it again.

7/10

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 28-02-2010, 00:02:09 »
last die hard was the worst.... not to  mention that horrible band of brothers filter all movie on the picture.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #487 on: 28-02-2010, 18:02:19 »
Final Destination 3

Perfect for lazy Sunday mornings when you are hungover and tired

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #488 on: 28-02-2010, 20:02:04 »
Week on holiday so thats alot of movies for me.

28 Weeks Later:
My gosh, Left 4 Dead on your TV screen  :). I enjoyed it. 6/10.

Mr. Brooks:
A genius movie, I loved it, new on my favourite list. 9/10.

The Untouchables:
Sean Connery + Robert deNiro + Kevin Costner = jackpot. The whole 30's theme felt really good and it was a good experience to watch 7/10.

Boot Camp:
It's a movie about a youth boot camp for gone wild teenagers, those camps are not being watched by the government so they do whatever they want to the kids, original story for a movie > believable movie and a nice watch. 7/10.

All Quiet On The Western Front:
Finally saw this classic in the shop so took it with me and watched it, delicious! Nice story, nice actors and a very solid war movie. 8/10.

Lost Season 1:
Got this from a friend and watched all 25 episodes, damn awesome it is. Atleat the first season, I watched a couple of episodes from other seasons and those are weird but I like season 1! 7/10

"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #489 on: 02-03-2010, 02:03:00 »
Hot Rod
5/5
Once you see a taco wrestling toast and beating it with a folding-chair, no other movie comes close.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 02-03-2010, 02:03:12 »
Hot Rod
5/5
Once you see a taco wrestling toast and beating it with a folding-chair, no other movie comes close.
I think Forrest Gump does. It's a great movie, no idiocy included ;D

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 02-03-2010, 06:03:22 »
Sherlock Holmes

Meh, it was alright. My sister said she loved it. Just sort of run of the Mill movie. Not one of Guy Ritchies best. Saw the ending coming a mile away. Meh

6/10

In The Loop

Awesome writing, good acting. Hilarious scots and a good political portrayal. And amazing Insults. "Is your Career fucked? *Kick copier* Yeah it's proper fucked"

9/10

Transformers 2:Revenge of the Fallen

What can I say? As awful as I expected it to be. There is not one noteworthy film making thing from it. It was so bad I laughed throughout the whole movie. And also there was this weird blantant racism throughout.

0/10

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #492 on: 02-03-2010, 08:03:05 »
Hot Rod
5/5

I like that movie, but I'm so weak for the Lonely Island crew.

Loved the father/son relationship

"I'm gonna kill you, Frank!"

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 02-03-2010, 16:03:00 »
            District 9

Awesome movie. Very cool fighting scenes at the end with the combat-robot. Original and exciting plot. At first i thought it was kinda unserious, like a comedy, but very soon it catched up and became extremely good.
I think it even was a:    9/10

Woman in Berlin / Eine frau in Berlin

I just had to see this movie cause the makers have made some of the best war movies ever made. I think its very realistic and serious, but it became quite boring. I hoped it was more general about the suffering of the people in Berlin, but it was basicly only about this woman trying to not get raped.

6/10

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 02-03-2010, 21:03:29 »
A Beautiful Mind

9/10!!!

Best plot twist since the crying game, and this time I wasn't tempted to throw up!