Author Topic: Berlin  (Read 21479 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: Berlin
« Reply #150 on: 18-07-2018, 08:07:39 »
Alright, I´ve taken all tips into consideration.

I´ve shrinken the gameplay area once again and moved the flags closer together. I also replaced lots of open buildings with closed variants and removed excessive small objects that are too far from flagzones.

I´d really like to have the map out when the CMP maps get updated and back into play. In that case I will have to skip all the reskining work for the time being. It could be done in a future patch though, along with other fixes.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 02-08-2018, 10:08:59 »
Does any vehicle or gun in FH2 have a sound that could fit for the manually-traversed turrets from the Pantherturm and Tiger? Or should it be completely silent?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 02-08-2018, 13:08:14 »
Does any vehicle or gun in FH2 have a sound that could fit for the manually-traversed turrets from the Pantherturm and Tiger? Or should it be completely silent?
Panzer III, dunno if all models, but at least some of them definitely have the hand cranked manually traversed turrets.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 02-08-2018, 13:08:32 »
Edit: like jan_kurator already pointed out, Pz III seems to have rather decent manual traverse sound f/x.
« Last Edit: 02-08-2018, 13:08:38 by nysä »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 04-08-2018, 07:08:26 »
I removed the engine sounds and corrected the turret traverse speed and sound.

I failed though to make the whole tank behave properly. Even though I managed to sink it underground, the whole tank will pop up on ground level for a second after being shaked by a shot or even a grenade exploding close to it, after that the tank will sink back to it´s original position.

I tried to fix that but I failed. Besides I don´t think it´s possible to remove things like the top MG, hull MG and passenger seats without having to create a whole new player controlled object, which I can´t do because I lack the knowledge and it would take me too much time to learn.

Unless someone can give me a hint on coding, I plan on having a static panther instead, just like the Tiger. I would not be able to sink it under the ground like I did in the previous screenshot though I could protect it with some rubble. It would not look as cool (and new) as a Pantherturm though I guess.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 04-08-2018, 11:08:43 »
I wouldn't worry about it. There were actually few dug in Panthers in Berlin area - basically gutted out Panthers, originally sent back for factory overhaul or rebuild.

Regarding removing the cupola MG, maybe you could try panther_g_ard_alt or panthera_late_alt ??

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 04-08-2018, 18:08:15 »
For what you are trying to do Blander, it is best to make a "clone".  Then you can change just about everything you want.  I did that for the campaign.  It's pretty easy. 

You just give a new name to the .con, tweak, and bundlemesh.  Edit the con and tweak "replace all" the old name with the new name.  Find everywhere it says collisionmesh in the con and tweak and give it the old name there(because you don't rename the collisionmesh). 

Then try to figure out all the values to change or delete.  Maybe look at the that turret gun on Omaha.  Get rid of every thing it doesn't have.

The best thing about a clone is that you can have the real tank and your clone on the same map.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 04-08-2018, 20:08:15 »
I tried to clone it but it seems the collisionmesh of the hull behaves buggy when dug in. I was not able to remove it. I checked the turret gun on Omaha but it´s different from the real tank´s geometry, the mesh file is different. I basically tried to strip off the hull entirely but I failed.

Long story short, I don´t want to waste more time on this so I´ll go for this setup, which is much easier to achieve:

You are right nysä, panthera_late_alt has no cupola MG, I´ll use that one.

Thanks for your replies!

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 06-08-2018, 12:08:08 »
I´ve been trying to figure out how to create .ogg files for the map but I cannot follow instructions because tutorials are very old with outdates links. Where can I find all the sound tools and info I need?

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 19-08-2018, 10:08:50 »
The total object count went up to 6300 so I shrunk the gameplay area once again to cut off the object count. My goal is to finish the map under 6000 objects. Added a new flag for less walking and more action (the map is still big). Also redid all russian tank spawns so they gradually spawn closer to the frontline, eliminating the previous spawners, like it was done in Ogledow.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 19-08-2018, 16:08:32 »
Looking good!  ;D

Online Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 19-08-2018, 16:08:06 »
Screens are looking nice. The real bread and butter is when you show the overview minimap/ layout.

I'm glad you're still working on this and that it's coming along! :)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 19-08-2018, 16:08:56 »
 Im glad as well  ;)

Im still hoping at some point you would consider porting over the Reichstag static from FHSW map "Fall Of Berlin" to use in your map as a centerpiece.

I envision a push map starting with flags on the exterior of Berlin, ending at the Reichstag........one can dream.

Keep up the good work soldier!
 8)

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 19-08-2018, 17:08:11 »
It looks good.
Remember to test gameplay too.

About ambiance, imo you should go for a dark and high smoke map but not the night. More like a burning city feeling.
Something like cod waw berlin and FH1 berlin streets

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 19-08-2018, 18:08:11 »
Looking good indeed! I agree with Seth about the atmosphere, it looks a bit too bright still, but maybe that also has to do with lightmapping. Keep it up!