Author Topic: Removing the hit-indicator and kill messages for infantry  (Read 15905 times)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
Re: Removing the hit-indicator and kill messages for infantry
« Reply #150 on: 04-01-2011, 11:01:36 »
oh snap!  ;D

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 04-01-2011, 14:01:12 »
My .02€:

Kill messages should stay. In addition to x killed me and I killed x, I like seeing "community kills" if the darned basterd who dared to shoot me gets mortared seconds later. If I want to shoot at and be shot by Anonymous, I could just as well play singleplayer.

Hit indicator. At least it tells me in an early war tank-to-tank fight if I do any damage. You know, the fights where 1s1k is not so likely. Also, without hit indicator, airplanes will RAEP anti-aircraft defenses even more thoroughly than they do now. Plus, for a n00b, the hit indicator is a very good feedback on accuracy against infantry. Regarding its encouragement towards blind-firing and/or into fog, I find the argument shaky. As long as you can use the "looking past target" exploit to grow your view distance 40%, hit indicator is hardly game-breaking.

Yes, hit indicator "tells" you if the blindly thrown Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch found enemies, who, being naughty in My sight, should snuff it, but IRL you would probably hear the screaming of the wounded or something at such close distance; in FH2 everyone stays mute like a morphine-overdosed samurai until at the moment of death you shout an oneliner straight out of Commando comics.

So I think that the hit indicator should stay as well.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 04-01-2011, 14:01:02 »
Why are you all discussing the hit indicator? It's a server variable.

If you want to play without hit indicators join a server that has them disabled or ask your server admin to set
"sv.hitIndicator 0"...

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 04-01-2011, 14:01:08 »
Hehe, good to know.  ;D

Basicly what says Kelmola is true. That is why we should have TWO hud possible, like two levels of difficulty, and a way to make sure every one has the same on any given server...

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #154 on: 04-01-2011, 18:01:11 »
edit: Ok so I don't read threads...

What happened to Hardcore mode, that was awesome - especially for filming FPS action frags.  Plus it acctually got rid of all the text message chat bollox, ...

Thanks to FH2 winning MOY (WOOT) the new influx of players means we get an artillery ready request every 5 seconds, and then "FFFFFFFSSSSSS WILLL SOSOSOSOSOSOSOMEEEONE SPOT FOR ME"  then like a fricking text book, 10 seconds after that "where is sniper rifle"

HARDCORE mode, bring it back, stick it in there, make them all play it, they will learn to love it.
« Last Edit: 04-01-2011, 18:01:39 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 04-01-2011, 21:01:10 »

Third; no devs have said we won't do these changes.

and the winner of "least thought-through suggestion of the year" (known as LTTSOTY) goes to.............  ;D

just no. killmessages and hit indicators stay.  8)

Ok maybe I was reading your first post wrong, I thought you said no. :P
It was over 2 months ago, maybe you forgot?
What type of face palm would you prefer?  ;D
« Last Edit: 04-01-2011, 22:01:31 by Vicious »
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 04-01-2011, 21:01:07 »
Why are you all discussing the hit indicator? It's a server variable.

If you want to play without hit indicators join a server that has them disabled or ask your server admin to set
"sv.hitIndicator 0"...

I liked that answer so people stop spamming and start to play fh again.  8)
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.