Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 6th May 2009: Lightweight  (Read 13301 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 6th May 2009: Lightweight
« Reply #15 on: 07-05-2009, 02:05:05 »
Epic! i luv them!

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #16 on: 07-05-2009, 02:05:18 »
Cant wait for the puma, its like a daimler with a better gun and weaker opponents. 8)

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-05-2009, 02:05:18 »
Great update, especially the minimap ;D

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07-05-2009, 03:05:02 »
 ok,
 I have a real question about Purple Heart Lane if the mapper would be so kind as to answer it.

In the US Army's historical account of the battle, there are specific references to the importance of their mortar platoon but only after the Belgian gate was encountered and taken. The mortar platoon was set up on the opposite side of the gate from the line of attack and was effective at suppressing the German enfilade fire but the men suffered casualties being so exposed to very effective enemy fire.

So my question is: Will we only have a spawnable mortar kit at the Belgian Gate flag? Or will there be a fixed mortar that only appears after the Allies have taken said flag?

It would be historically inaccurate for the mortar platoon to really have been employed any earlier in the battle and as such, I would really like to know what the mapper's solution was...
My Quebec includes Canada

azreal

« Reply #19 on: 07-05-2009, 04:05:50 »
I'm not sure what Natty has done in regards to this, but it would be an easy change for him to make, and thus I'm sure it will featured correctly.

Offline Symz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-05-2009, 05:05:08 »
Nice update guys!  It's great to see regular weekly updates again. It's a test of patience waiting for the next FH2 patch, but regular updates make it much easier to wait.......and drool.......and dream.

Great update guys.
« Last Edit: 07-05-2009, 05:05:27 by Symz »

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-05-2009, 05:05:00 »
I'm not sure what Natty has done in regards to this, but it would be an easy change for him to make, and thus I'm sure it will featured correctly.
I realize that,

Fh2's quest for perfection is the reason why we wait so bloody long for releases (joke warning)

Welcome to the new kids btw, hopefully their contribution begets even more submissions from the public. There's a horde of people out there who can mod games, but don't. One model at a time can surely add up in game, especially when it comes to fringe FH2 favourites like, dare I say it... "THE MAUS"
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Waw_Slayer

• FHing since 0.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-05-2009, 06:05:48 »
Why make the M5A1, when allies have a hard time killing the tiger already? When do we see the fireflys, Achilles or the heavier shermans?
But still nice tank.
Your listening to psychedelic radio, todays topics; Weed.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07-05-2009, 06:05:02 »
Look at the current map list.  The only tank maps are Leibisey, which was fought just days after D-day, so you won't really see fireflys or such yet.  Plus, its against the Brits.  Then, look at the other tank map, Luttich.  Germans are attacking, plus its Americans, so no Achilles, or fireflies.  Heavier Shermans, maybe.  Meanwhile, the M5 saw combat in all those battles.  Which is more important now?

Priestdk

« Reply #24 on: 07-05-2009, 07:05:16 »
Greate update!!

Love the new tank though is it as fast and agile as the curent stuart?? that i actuly like to use mainly because its actully kinda fast compared to som off the other tanks and not so bad actully even though it proberly dies in 1 shot from enything the german hase that have a som kind off canon atached to it?
Even with the sloped armor. Or does the stuart loose its speed on behalf off the inproved armor perhabs? because it got more heavy?

And the minimap off purple hear lane looks nice i even iff it hase to be semi historical korekt displayed i hope its not a spawn campers feast for the germans though;-) but im sure Natty hase made so the germans have to actully fight hard to keep the bloody allied away.

Looking forward to next week already.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-05-2009, 07:05:23 »
Nice updates guys! Keep churning out the content.

We all want 2.2 to be THE release that causes FH2 to really take flight. Make the best you can.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Taranov

« Reply #26 on: 07-05-2009, 08:05:29 »
so basically, it's an M3 with sloped frontal armor?

Totally new hull, totally new turret, new powerplant. Only wheels/suspension/tracks, and armament same.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07-05-2009, 08:05:50 »
Thats a pretty little tank ya got there boys. :D

Wish we could see an American looking thought those binoculars from the commanders hatch...in Purple Heart Lane.

And as the the M5 taking out a Tiger. I'm willing to take on the task. I will outflank and watch from cover, waiting for the Tiger Jockey to bounce through a crater too fast, and expose his weak topside or soft underbelly. Then, after inflicting my damage. I will run, and the wait starts again...

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-05-2009, 08:05:40 »
I can't wait to get my hands on the light tanks in Normandy. They are my favourite tanks in NA but my nemesis the AT-rifle spoils some of the fun. I hate being taken down by a boys rifle from fog distance. However, in Normandy that won't be a problem so I will rape infantry safely and just back away when there's an enemy tank nearby.  ;D

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07-05-2009, 08:05:26 »
Thats a pretty little tank ya got there boys. :D

Wish we could see an American looking thought those binoculars from the commanders hatch...in Purple Heart Lane.

And as the the M5 taking out a Tiger. I'm willing to take on the task. I will outflank and watch from cover, waiting for the Tiger Jockey to bounce through a crater too fast, and expose his weak topside or soft underbelly. Then, after inflicting my damage. I will run, and the wait starts again...

I think it doesn't matter where you shoot at the tiger with stuart (front,side,back) you wont do any damage.