Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 4th September 2009: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.2  (Read 36325 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
2 hours and 3 minutes... plus 1 - Wait for it, wait for it...

Any word on SP? Maps done, vehicles corrected across theaters? 

Offline A-tree

• View Profile
Shit me, the timining of this release is pretty much perfect, I've just this second got back from my holiday to Normandy. Although a nice 10 hour download for 1.5 patch, and then god knows what for 2.2 means i wont be playing anything for a while.

Offline 2ACR Kernel

• FH player since day 1
    • View Profile
My wife just called me from work and when I told her that Normandy was released she hung up on me .... is this a great game or what ?

Happy Hunting , Gentlemen .

(btw , my torrent has finally ramped up to 400 kB/s hoohah . see you in about 90 min )
All a regiment needs is a little brash leadership .

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
My wife just called me from work and when I told her that Normandy was released she hung up on me .... is this a great game or what ?

Lmao, nice one  ;)
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Therefore, there are now 14 SP/Co-op supported maps in v.2.2.  We have an extremely talented SP Developer who picked up where Bizness left off and has continued working on making sure all our maps have SP/Co-op support.

Wait 14? I knew the BFSP modders had all maps from North Africa but Mareth, that was 15! Does that mean only 1 Normandy map is bot supported? Lebeisey

And if so, can those being done be finished and uploaded as single maps? Cuz most Spers wont mind replacing non-functionals with functionals since most don't even go online

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
No, I completely understand that, Lobo.  The question is not if it should be ingame, I don't think it should, due mostly to those reasons.  However someone saying its not done ingame because its awkward/impossible to do, that irks me ;)

Sorry, VM!  I had Lainer's posted experience in mind when I said that.  I have never shot a rifle before, but I had thought Lainer's point made sense when I heard it several months back.  Thanks for showing those videos!  ;D

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
I might be late to the party for this, but I don't see crosshairs in the Allied vid. Cool stuff!!!!!

Anyways, no torrent for me means I'll start it up in a few hours.

Btw, for those of us who won't be able to play in half an hour, could we have some tips and tricks so we won't be floundering around when the torrenters start to get their Normandy feet?

Things like the usage of projectile AT, air rockets, the new plane system, rocket artillery,...just rocket things....Rockets!!!!!

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
My only tip for rockets is to aim high, take the slow speed into account and try not to fill yer pants with jizz.

Crosshairs still in too ;)

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
If my brain would have been a computer it would have had a system overload when coming home from work and seeing this.

WWWWWWW00000000000000000000000000000000000TTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Therefore, there are now 14 SP/Co-op supported maps in v.2.2.  We have an extremely talented SP Developer who picked up where Bizness left off and has continued working on making sure all our maps have SP/Co-op support.

Wait 14? I knew the BFSP modders had all maps from North Africa but Mareth, that was 15! Does that mean only 1 Normandy map is bot supported? Lebeisey

And if so, can those being done be finished and uploaded as single maps? Cuz most Spers wont mind replacing non-functionals with functionals since most don't even go online

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Oh cool, release. Wait, I need that 1.5 patch thingy, right? Not to mention Securom 8. How challenging. Time to get wasted on a few million users being totally annoyed searching for a workaround. I guess I'll get myself a monkey to jockey those discs. What Do you say now, EA?

::)

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
I think there are only 2 Normandy Maps whit SP.

Goodwood and Luttich. Well, the rest, Africa is whit SP.

I found a P51 in the Game Files, right in the Editor. Also i found a Me109 whit a 250kb, My Guess, Bomb.
« Last Edit: 06-09-2009, 04:09:58 by torenico »

Offline GirlsHateMe

• View Profile
YYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TheSameOne

• View Profile
Have downloaded for 3 and a half hour now and theres still 1 hour left on the torrent. Well, i think the wait is worth it! Good Job Dev!  ;)

Offline KoOk13

• View Profile
the game is great, love it. Currently working, hoping to fix the memory.dll error i'm getting (possibly due to the 1.5 update)

cheers!
Put this in your dyslectic if you're signature