Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 7th June 2009: Infanterie Greift An!  (Read 56942 times)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope. Today we have more amazing things, as we are showing the renders of the new German player models. In our next release, we will have as many as 14 new German player models; one model for each class, both regular and camouflaged.

Read the rest of this update on our website.

(Two hours late, sorry for that.)

Q: Are the camouflaged Germans the Waffen-SS?
A: Yes and no. The Waffen-SS is a criminal organisation in Germany and to portray them in a way that might seem like glorifying them (such as playing them in a video game without proper historical context) is not allowed. For this reason you will never see any mention of the SS in game and the collar tabs have two lines on them, instead of the infamous (and forbidden) sig runes. The models themselves are, of course, based on SS uniforms.

« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 15:06:38 by Lightning »

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Wow I forgive you.
Zero you are an artist.
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 04:06:34 by Alakazou »

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
ahh second! wonder if camo will work?
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 04:06:11 by Ekalbs »
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline BC81

• View Profile
looking good :)

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
Hahaha I saw this coming with that "something amazing" comment and avatar from the 6th of June thread. :p

The new models look amazing alright. :D I especially like that Soldier with the STG44. Also the Panzershreck team. and the MG team.

Yeah you guys rock.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
*sniff* god I love this mod.
Oh, crap. My mascara is running...

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
Awesome. Are the camo units SS units? Are SS markings in this game or not?

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
Eh, its alright, I guess...OgodlightningIforgiveyouforthedelaypleaseforgeteverythingIsaidaboutyouThemodels areexcellenttheweaponsareexcellentitsallsoexcelent

Oh hey look, new avatar.
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 04:06:39 by Mspfc Doc DuFresne »
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline A-tree

• View Profile
Awesome. Are the camo units SS units? Are SS markings in this game or not?
From what i know about Fh there wont be any ss markings anywhere, but you never know, i could be wrong.

Also, update was pretty cool.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
They're SS alright.

Which brings me to my question....why are there no Heer troops with splinter or tan/water camo....  Or even any camoed helmets for them.  I see a couple helmet nets, but without foilage, that doesn't do anything o_O  Also, dot44 was rather uncommon in normandy, compared to oak and plane tree.  And I even gotta say...the Dot44 camo isn't even right.  It looks like someone turned fall Oak into a dot pattern....=/

All in all, its good work...but I'm sorry to say, someone didn't do their homework on the camo=/  Plain and simple....the camo patterns are horrible wrong, and several incredilby important ones are missing entirely.  If you're gonna give the SS just one single camo type, then at least get that camo type correct.  And even then, you're still missing the Heer's camo.

Also, is that a Gibirgsjager patch I see on the schreck loader?
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 04:06:09 by VonMudra »

Offline ChoPhil

• View Profile
nice work

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Here we go:

Heer Splinter smock:

Heer Tan/Water smock:

SS Plane Tree smock (one of the most common)

Spring:

Fall:

SS Oak Smock (the other most common)

Spring:

Fall:

SS Dot44 camo Tunic (Note, this was ONLY used for trousers and tunics, as was the only camo type that was issued as a tunic.  All other camo types were occasionally seen as tunics, but only private purchase, it was not issued as such)

The player models just shown:

The only correct thing is the Italian camo trousers....=/

And as for helmet camo patterns:

http://www.alexanderandsonsrestorations.com/camo.htm

Those are just a few.  It was NOT an individual thing for the most part.  Whole regiments were handed gallons of paint, often 3 different colours (khaki, green, and brownish purplish colour), and each soldier was told to paint the helmet.
« Last Edit: 08-06-2009, 04:06:41 by VonMudra »

Offline RedSand

• View Profile
Really good work guys... Now... Show us the Americans...

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Meh, i really dont care if the uniforms are accurate. They look just fine to me and i cant wait to see them in-game.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Meh, i really dont care if the uniforms are accurate. They look just fine to me and i cant wait to see them in-game.

Its the principal of the damn thing.  They were correct in FH1, why can't they be correct in FH2?  The mod is about realism on equipment, no?  Then why should it be allowed for them to make up camo schemes, and completely leave absent camo from an entire service branch that used them with regularity?