Author Topic: [Kit/class]Improve the medic!  (Read 5125 times)

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
Re: [Kit/class]Improve the medic!
« Reply #30 on: 10-08-2009, 17:08:05 »
We don't need medics in FH2.
Senseless, useless, unrealistic.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10-08-2009, 17:08:02 »
medic kits now are only for reall men with massive testicles. Ramboing in with 8 shots, take out a few snipers, and if you get hit, who cares? almost endless stream of bandages.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10-08-2009, 18:08:25 »
I thought a tube of morphine would be neat way to revive but then i thought the only thing that should be changed is just maybe a medic kit at each spawn flag.\

Also the you killed so and so thing needs to go and the points.

I feel too many play just for the points and no team play ever!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10-08-2009, 18:08:07 »
I really do hope something will done in the distant future.

What about if the Medic "revives" the player,the team wins a ticket but the player doesn´t revive?
Saves a ticket point, but doesn't gain one.
Few Problems to overcome  ... and a plus +
-Few Kits (1-2 or none )
-Kills and Heals: How would the scoring be handle?
-What process would a player have to go through? (No holy paddles)
-After the player is supposedly revived does he +(A Automatically go to the spawning screen[No Timer]  (B Spawns on a Hospital (or what ever) tent.

Being a medic is personal (maybe role play) fun for those that pick up the kit.
Making changes to the medic involves other aspects of game play to change.
At this state I don't think the devs would consider any changes.
Hopefully in the future the something will come.

Or you can only revive if the player wasn't hit in the head/ by an 88mm round/ by 200 MG bullets.
In vanilla getting hit by a rocket wouldn't allow medic to revive you. Dummo if the devs are already using the code to determine what wounds can be bandaged.( This goes for hit boxes as well. )
« Last Edit: 10-08-2009, 19:08:02 by [130.Pz]I.Kluge »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-08-2009, 19:08:51 »
^ precisely. It is more complex than you might think at first. It will force us to redesign the whole damagesystem.
I mean, I like the concept of it. I love in L4D when you are man-down and your buddies must save you, that you can go down three times before going "critical", that you walk slowly, that your vision is blurred etc.
But that is for 4 players.. we have 32 trigger happy fraggers in each team.. unless everyone is a medic and can help you, you will be man-down and press suicide instead of waiting for him..

Yes a medic running around like in Band of Brothers, from fox-hole to fox-hole, crater to crater is cool, but in this mod you die from one shot, and IMO we are allready bleeding, getting blurry vision enough, no need really for me to wait for a medic to come and save me because you know if I die I come back after 15sec anyway.. So that opens up a rusty old can of another type of worms: respawn system.

so now we got damagesystem + respawn system all in need of total re-work. Then we have the "minor" stuff with scoring etc ofcourse, and the creation of all the medic "guns" like bandages and morphine shots.. + do we remove the field-bandage from everyone then also?.. What happens if no one picks the medic kit in a round at all? What if you spawn in and get hurt immediately from a nade-blast or jeep or from falling down a cliff.. no medic around?...

endless tweaks and changes needed.. for something that, well.. would maybe be cool for the odd player that takes it seriously and become this "doc" dude.. But for all the rest? What is their gain..

designing games is hard...

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-08-2009, 02:08:31 »
Ive said it once and ill say it again:

PR aims for Realism.

FH aims from Authenticity.

Anyway, niether are comparable with each other. They both aim for different ideas and both are set in different time periods.

Indeed, but this thread isn't about the difference between PR and FH people! remember that! I just added PR as an example

Just because they state that they are committed to realism doesn't make magic shockpaddles that cause people to survive bullet wounds to the chest realistic.

I stated that it's not realistic, also see how I think that the weapons question is greater than the medic pack question

medic kits now are only for reall men with massive testicles. Ramboing in with 8 shots, take out a few snipers, and if you get hit, who cares? almost endless stream of bandages.

But will that happen since you get oneshotted 95% of the times hit in this mod?, I like the idea of adding revival only, if not hit by an heavier gun/in the head, after that u can dropp these recharging bandage packs. Then the medic can keep his "Pistol only" kit imo.

I'd like to see it more in use than just an easteregg that almost never gets picked up.
« Last Edit: 11-08-2009, 02:08:22 by Twonkle »

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12-08-2009, 14:08:04 »
its actually very simple, if you got hit in rl, you would go back to the main base and recover from your wounds, get send back or send home, wich idiotic medic would drag a soldier to the battlefront with a bullet in his arm and legs, simply cause he made him stand again.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14-08-2009, 06:08:02 »
In BF2, i killed the same guy 15 times whit the G36 in the same place, the stupid medic was using his uber-skillz to revive him.. and later he killed me whit his Pistol.

Pathetic.

The good Ol' FH1 Opel Blitz, when he was near you, he will auto-heal you.. that was realistic and promoted teamwork..

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14-08-2009, 09:08:17 »
i want the healing bench back, sit down relax and slowly get health back. most people didnt even notice you.

or hide under it and kill people walking by  :D
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Big Lebowski

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 14-08-2009, 14:08:58 »
Simply remove the bandages from the standard kits. Then the medic will have plenty to do.

Right now theres no point in having being wounded as a feature, seeing as you can heal yourself in less then 2 secs.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14-08-2009, 15:08:44 »
when you get the near death shader, i takes like 10 seconds to "recover" from that effect after taking the bandage, sure your health is replensihed "instantly" (i think one bandage heals like 25%)
but you are still  handicapped for  a while.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14-08-2009, 15:08:42 »
Plus, you never regain 100%, making you easier to kill.

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14-08-2009, 16:08:51 »
After much thought (in the shower  ;D) on the subject, here's my suggestion:

1: Should stay a kit.
2: Should be able to revive SL only or squad mates (You need to be in a squad for that).
3: Limited amount "magic revive dose" ex: 2 before you need to get more at base camp/ supply truck.
4: Limited amount of bandages.
5: You get no point for reviving someone unless it's the squad leader.
6: Reviving doesn't give you back tickets.

7: If #2's not possible. Can the medic magically revive people (bf2 style) only when the last flag is cap and we can't respawn no more. Then, you have a chance to build an attack in hope to cap a flag.

The medic class should be able to help the team/squad achieve it objectives, not running around like a headless chicken doing "stats padding". Otherwise we don't need it.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 14-08-2009, 17:08:04 »
dont think about it too much, not even in the shower ;)

as long as lobo (and a lot of others) is on the team there will never be any "magic" in the game, specially no magic revives.

the medic just has NO PLACE in the FH2 gameplay. the medic kits that are ingame now are more or less easter eggs that "can" add to the atmosphere but THATS IT. they use is very limited and many maps dont even have them.

there also wont be any medic spawn classes. we tested it and NOBODY used the medics bandages but his weapons. which makes the medic useless and a waste of a spawn class slot.

continue discussing if you want but i strongly doubt any of this will ever get ingame.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14-08-2009, 18:08:46 »
dont think about it too much, not even in the shower ;)

as long as lobo (and a lot of others) is on the team there will never be any "magic" in the game, specially no magic revives.

the medic just has NO PLACE in the FH2 gameplay. the medic kits that are ingame now are more or less easter eggs that "can" add to the atmosphere but THATS IT. they use is very limited and many maps dont even have them.

there also wont be any medic spawn classes. we tested it and NOBODY used the medics bandages but his weapons. which makes the medic useless and a waste of a spawn class slot.

continue discussing if you want but i strongly doubt any of this will ever get ingame.

But spawning on a random dude is magic :P

Anyhow I'm sure we can twist lobos and the other devs minds somehow! Keep coming with your ideas you guys.

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.