Author Topic: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD [Patched for v2.54]  (Read 58041 times)

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2: All New 2.5 Maps [SP/COOP] DOWNLOAD
« Reply #60 on: 27-05-2016, 21:05:29 »
Actually, that doesn't mean something is missing - it means something is being loaded twice, in that case once by the server and once by the client.

Do you run the latest version of the map pack? I ran into these errors after initial release but iirc I fixed all of them, at least for my personal dedicated server launched out of the original game folder it works. Unfortunatly as for advanced Ded Server hosting, my knowledge is very limited, therefore I was never able to test in that framework or release a guide to install it properly.

Currently I am not able to look into this, but if you want to fix this, try toying around with the [mapname]/server.zip/ClientArchives.con and [mapname]/server.zip/ServerArchives.con files. They are most likely responsible.

EDIT: What came to my mind, since the map pack heavily relies on FHT/WaW content - this error may very likely appear if the FHT/762/WaW CMP is installed.
« Last Edit: 27-05-2016, 23:05:03 by Darman »

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28-05-2016, 16:05:53 »
Actually, that doesn't mean something is missing - it means something is being loaded twice, in that case once by the server and once by the client.
Interesting. Looking at the server versions of other FH2 maps, they seem to be just stripped down versions of the client files. Basically, instead of having both client.zip and server.zip, there's only server.zip. I tried removing all the client related files for one of the maps but it didn't help.

Do you run the latest version of the map pack?
I think so. I downloaded the pack around the time you last updated it on May 13, and the same files are on the server as are on my client. But how can I tell from looking at the files whether they are current? I don't really want to download them all again just to find that they are identical.

I ran into these errors after initial release but iirc I fixed all of them, at least for my personal dedicated server launched out of the original game folder it works. Unfortunatly as for advanced Ded Server hosting, my knowledge is very limited, therefore I was never able to test in that framework or release a guide to install it properly.
I don't think there's much difference between running a dedicated server from a client folder and running a dedicated server from a separate, non-client install. Hopefully someone who understands these things better will see this and provide some clues. I do know that server installs are lighter, as they don't include any client files (mod-global and map-specific), but that's about all I know for sure.

if you want to fix this, try toying around with the [mapname]/server.zip/ClientArchives.con and [mapname]/server.zip/ServerArchives.con files. They are most likely responsible.
Okay, I'll poke around in those files. I also plan to compare the working map (Pegasus Coop) with the non-working ones to see if that reveals anything.

EDIT: What came to my mind, since the map pack heavily relies on FHT/WaW content - this error may very likely appear if the FHT/762/WaW CMP is installed.
Nope, that's not it. None of those things are installed on my client or server.

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28-05-2016, 16:05:10 »
I just realized that I do in fact have some FHT stuff installed on both the server and client, in that I have installed the Forgotten Maps collection. So for example I have the mods/fh2/fht folder on both server and client. Are those maps and related FHT stuff incompatible with this Coop Map Pack?

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28-05-2016, 17:05:04 »
Sorry dude, I messed my projects up here. The FHT etc incompatibility may of course only occur for my Forgotten Maps, the 2.5 Maps should be safe.

As for figuring out if you are running the latest - again, I am sorry that I didn't mark them in any way yet, I will do it from now on. But really the only thing that was changed in the latest update was the Seelow 16 layer so that should not affect everything.

In addition to what I have already pointed out, as for solving this, try looking for duplicate loading of networkable objects such as vehicles. I must warn you though this also includes parts of vehicles such as tracks/rotors/wheels... I don't want to confuse you but it gets really hairy there and I sincerely hope this is not the troublemaker in the equation.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07-01-2017, 10:01:41 »
I played and loved it BUT, when I pick the SVT-40 PU in Dukla Pass, it crashes? Any help?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline MaxP

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04-04-2017, 16:04:45 »
Stable server crash at Arad 64 coop:
https://yadi.sk/i/RXnNglxu3GeQ6o
I saw the values of 24 and 23.

Once exactly when I was shooting from ISU-152 to the left skirt of PzIV. But maybe it's just a coincidence.
I'm using LAN dedicated server.
« Last Edit: 05-04-2017, 00:04:39 by MaxP »

Offline gsteffens

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 18-06-2017, 04:06:44 »
Finally downloaded and just started playing these maps; had one CTD I can't explain, but overall they look good and the effort to make them single player compatible is much appreciated!!

;D

Offline ULTRA_Faff

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25-09-2017, 18:09:50 »
Hey!

Downloading - loads of thanks for adding much-wanted bot support for these new maps

Will try and then give feedback ;D

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #68 on: 25-09-2017, 20:09:26 »
Finally downloaded and just started playing these maps; had one CTD I can't explain, but overall they look good and the effort to make them single player compatible is much appreciated!!

;D

BF2 engine is very sensitive to the kind of conflicts that can be caused by old drivers and so forth that other engines are not effected by. A full spruce up of your system using something like Tweakguides usually stabilises it.

Offline chad509

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 21-10-2017, 04:10:36 »
Holy crap! I can't believe i have not found this until now. Pretty sure i was the only fh2 dev that loved singleplayer more than online! Nice work, sir. :D

Offline MovingTarget

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 02-07-2018, 23:07:10 »
Does this work with the current version of FH2?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 04-07-2018, 21:07:27 »
No, I guess there will be a post in here when it's updated.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08-07-2018, 21:07:14 »
Does this work with the current version of FH2?

Hey MovingTarget, actually, some maps are working in 2.53. Excepting Sammatus, that shows python related error and won't work at all, the rest work just fine, as far as I can see. Arad and Dukla Pass have some lightmapping issues (as explained by Ts4EVER here >>> http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20003.msg357185#msg357185), but the gameplay isn't affected. But you won't see the updated kits and stuff, like the Luftfaust B on Seelow...

Best regards,

batistadk

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23-07-2018, 14:07:30 »
As the author of this mappack, let me give a quick statement to avoid any confusion.

It is unfortunate (but was to be expected) that many aspects of this are now broken with the (excellent) recent patch to FH2.

This was created several years ago and I hope it was some fun to the people that enjoyed FH2 in singleplayer. Unfortunatly, due to my private life taking different directions, I can currently and in the forseeable future not work on any patch or update, or conversions for new maps. If anyone else wants to - please go ahead.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24-07-2018, 00:07:40 »
As the author of this mappack, let me give a quick statement to avoid any confusion.

It is unfortunate (but was to be expected) that many aspects of this are now broken with the (excellent) recent patch to FH2.

This was created several years ago and I hope it was some fun to the people that enjoyed FH2 in singleplayer. Unfortunatly, due to my private life taking different directions, I can currently and in the forseeable future not work on any patch or update, or conversions for new maps. If anyone else wants to - please go ahead.

Thanks for clearing that. I enjoyed those maps while they lasted. What breaks my heart is that Sammatus is not working and it's become one of my favorite maps of the mod. Heres to hoping well eventually see some coop support for the official EF maps at least.