Author Topic: Audio Issue  (Read 448 times)

Offline AnonymousTaurus

• View Profile
Audio Issue
« on: 20-02-2016, 18:02:14 »
Hi. First of all, I love the mod. Even though I'm not very good at it, and had some issues identifying friendlies at first..I'm trying to get better. I just installed it late last night and have been dealing with an audio issue. I tried the 'repair' option in the game start up, but it didn't help.

My in game character constantly repeating localized radio dialogue. For example if I'm British he will keep repeating 'FOR THE KING' or 'ALRIGHT'. If I'm Russian it keeps repeating similar taunts and battle cries. I thought for a bit that one of my keys was accidentally binded to whatever prompts the soldier to yell these things but I think its some kind of bug.

It repeats randomly and I can't figure out how to turn it off in my audio settings aside from turning the entire game audio off which I'd rather not do obviously.

I tried to find a thread with this issue but either didn't look hard enough or it isn't there.

I appreciate any help that is available!

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
Re: Audio Issue
« Reply #1 on: 20-02-2016, 20:02:14 »
your charakter automatically yells them in the beginning, that is not a bug.
if it is just the charge sound that comes and no others, then it's normal.
but I find it too much also.
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-02-2016, 22:02:55 »
Your character never yells, you are probably hearing people spamming the voice commands.

Offline AnonymousTaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-02-2016, 02:02:45 »
I must apologize if my proximity to team mates spamming it is the cause of this, but I must insist that it's not. As soon as the game loads up and the gun menu comes up, I start hearing it again in the dialect of whatever team I've been automatically placed on. Not just 'charge' but also the respective 'no', 'yes' and a couple of other things.

It seems to get less severe as the game goes on, so I suppose I'll just try to tune it out and move on. I appreciate anyone who read this and gave it a thought or two. If it IS team mates then the audio just carries a bit more than it probably should, and that's all.

Thanks!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-02-2016, 02:02:09 »
Often people spam the commands during the pause before the round begins for comedic effect.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-02-2016, 10:02:56 »
Does it happen to you when you load up a local server where theres nobody else except you?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-02-2016, 10:02:10 »
I must apologize if my proximity to team mates spamming it is the cause of this, but I must insist that it's not. As soon as the game loads up and the gun menu comes up, I start hearing it again in the dialect of whatever team I've been automatically placed on. Not just 'charge' but also the respective 'no', 'yes' and a couple of other things.

It seems to get less severe as the game goes on, so I suppose I'll just try to tune it out and move on. I appreciate anyone who read this and gave it a thought or two. If it IS team mates then the audio just carries a bit more than it probably should, and that's all.

Thanks!
it is a bug indeed, and those are voice commands of your teammates who drive vehicles and spam voice overs across the map, since voice commands sent from vehicles are often global and not local. Just look at your map when you'll hear the voices again and you will see the yellow flashing icon which indicates the person who uses the commands. Devs tried to fix it in the past but with not much of a success.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-02-2016, 15:02:35 »
Your character never yells, you are probably hearing people spamming the voice commands.
In singleplayer the bots yell around the charge command in the beginning of the round.
But my character also makes the charge commands automatically in SP if I'm not wrong ???

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-02-2016, 15:02:10 »
I'm afraid you're wrong. Those are just voice commands heard globally (not the radio commands), it's not your character but technically that's how this bug can be heard. Also, never happened to me in singleplayer ???

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-02-2016, 21:02:15 »
ok, then I just thought so ;)