Author Topic: FH 2.5 First Impressions  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.5 First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: 09-02-2016, 15:02:01 »
well, after 3 or 4 years (I actually believe it's as much as 4 years) I finally have a computer that can play FH2 problem free on highest graphics.

So I am downloading it right now. Kind of excited to make a comeback.

If the supression is back, then it will definitely be worth it.

I'll see you on the battlefield, CPS!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-02-2016, 16:02:15 »
well, after 3 or 4 years (I actually believe it's as much as 4 years) I finally have a computer that can play FH2 problem free on highest graphics.

So I am downloading it right now. Kind of excited to make a comeback.

If the supression is back, then it will definitely be worth it.

I'll see you on the battlefield, CPS!
Man, welcome back to the battle, haha.  Hopefully I will be joining you soon.  Maybe we can contact Fuchs and get a Cactus Friends Squad up and running.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10-02-2016, 03:02:43 »
Played my first round of 2.5! So far only as German on a 32 layer of Seelow and British on the 16 layer of Pegasus. Apart from some server lag, both seemed awesome. 8)

I was beyond happy to come home at 9pm Eastern Standard Time in the US and still find people online. Thank you Devs

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10-02-2016, 03:02:22 »
I also experienced some server lag but most of the time it was working fine and I love all of the new maps and new weapons.
My favorite is Sammatus but all of these maps are truly exeptional, I just find it a bit hard to attack on Arad.
Now I can't wait to try the maps that were updated like operation Hyacinth.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10-02-2016, 12:02:50 »
Played my first round of 2.5! So far only as German on a 32 layer of Seelow and British on the 16 layer of Pegasus. Apart from some server lag, both seemed awesome. 8)

I was beyond happy to come home at 9pm Eastern Standard Time in the US and still find people online. Thank you Devs
There were some nice action on seelow last night indeed. Had fun playing against you, matt
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10-02-2016, 23:02:14 »
So far, it some of the best fh experience I had in the last months.

Tank vs tank gameplay feels so different - refreshing. Its like learning tanking again. The 76 mm has some nice HE ahells, but lacks but AT capability, like it. IS and SU suck from ammo capacity and reload time, but kill everything. It really makes you rethink tanking. I also like the tank MGs. 63 rounds makes you apent them more wisely.

My favorites are seelow for its absolut chaotic, last ditch game play. Hundreds of static mgs and guns, chaos in the trenches, awesome. And dukla pass.  Dukla is a masterpiece, I never ever expexted it to be like that from minimaps and screenshots. It feels and looks so realistic from the scale of the landscape. Yet it provides nice gameplay. Be it inf vs inf or tank gameplay. Fielda show the requirements for MGs, yet I never had problems with crossing the fielda, really awesome. Thank you for dukla, thank you!

Favorite handgun is pps43, more easily controllable yet high rate of fire. Refreshing. The ppsg41 is just a big monster. Huge muzzleflash, waste of ammo.

The dp28 is an awesome MG. It really feels different and I like it!

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-02-2016, 23:02:53 »
Had quite fun round (even if lost) on Pegasus today. Playing as germans, we even had all flags capped / neutral for several times, but yet these brits just popped up like mushroom in rain and regained control of something and spread all around again. Sometimes we sweeped the flag for so long and yet the instant we leave, it's neutral again and there's gazillion men in moustache shooting at us with sten guns  ;D

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-02-2016, 12:02:15 »
So why didn't FH2 go standalone after all? PR has been doing it for a few years now and it did wonders for the accessibility of the mod. I'm trying to get people into FH2 but when they see it requires BF2 they get completely turned off. I can't believe this wasn't made a priority.

Offline Sgt-ToTheHoly [NL]

• send u to the holy land lawnnowerman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-02-2016, 13:02:25 »
So why didn't FH2 go standalone after all? PR has been doing it for a few years now and it did wonders for the accessibility of the mod. I'm trying to get people into FH2 but when they see it requires BF2 they get completely turned off. I can't believe this wasn't made a priority.
bf2 is free on battlelog site but its a pain in the ass to do it and  the key change thing and download patch 1,40 and 1,50 and update it and then instal FH2 mod whit the launcher.i did it last week for my brother i bring him to this game but i needed to do it for him becuse he never patched a game before becuse he plays on steam and evrything there goes automaticly
« Last Edit: 13-02-2016, 13:02:45 by Sgt-ToTheHoly [NL] »

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-02-2016, 14:02:54 »

I seriously don't know why people make such a drama about the standalone thing. Ofcourse it would be nice, but there are several good reasons why we have not done it. We are well aware of pros and cons.

So the only thing someone has to do to play FH2 is:

1.) Get BF2 from *somewhere allready mentioned* (most up to date version, no patching required) and install it
2.) Get the FH2 launcher, install it and the launcher does the rest for you. No patching no nothing.

I simply don't see a reason why your friends can't do those two steps, when they have a minimum of knowledge of how to use a PC. Over 200 other people had no problem and are enjoying the mod. :)

Offline Sgt-ToTheHoly [NL]

• send u to the holy land lawnnowerman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13-02-2016, 14:02:53 »
i was alway thinking that i needed to installed the patches for bf2 before the fh2 mod if i dindt that fh2 mod cave me alot of crashes and errors maybe that make it difficult for these people?

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-02-2016, 14:02:21 »

I seriously don't know why people make such a drama about the standalone thing. Ofcourse it would be nice, but there are several good reasons why we have not done it. We are well aware of pros and cons.

1.) Get BF2 from *somewhere allready mentioned* (most up to date version, no patching required) and install it
2.) Get the FH2 launcher, install it and the launcher does the rest for you. No patching no nothing.

I simply don't see a reason why your friends can't do those two steps, when they have a minimum of knowledge of how to use a PC. Over 200 other people had no problem and are enjoying the mod. :)

So that's what this is to you, huh, some drama? Please tell me these several good reasons why it has not been done, other than shortage of time and manpower or some potential conflict with EA that has never arisen and never will.

There are no cons to going standalone. None. It's either standalone, or die. Removing that extra step is what makes the difference between two hundred players and twelve hundred players, as PR found out soon after going standalone. It's not a case of whether someone has the technical knowledge to do both steps, it's a case of why two steps are needed.

It baffles me why going standalone wasn't made a priority when Project Reality has had so much success with it. It's like the devs don't want any new players.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-02-2016, 15:02:04 »

So that's what this is to you, huh, some drama? Please tell me these several good reasons why it has not been done, other than shortage of time and manpower or some potential conflict with EA that has never arisen and never will.

There are no cons to going standalone. None. It's either standalone, or die. Removing that extra step is what makes the difference between two hundred players and twelve hundred players, as PR found out soon after going standalone. It's not a case of whether someone has the technical knowledge to do both steps, it's a case of why two steps are needed.

It baffles me why going standalone wasn't made a priority when Project Reality has had so much success with it. It's like the devs don't want any new players.

"either Standalone or die"

yeah. of course. removing one step makes the difference between 2000 and 12.000 players. that is surely not the only thing that makes such a difference.
like hitm4k3r said, it's no drama downloading Battlefield 2 and then Forgotten Hope 2. I don't get it.
Okay, the only good reason I see behind going standalone is, that it would require less download time.
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #28 on: 13-02-2016, 16:02:57 »
OK, that is enough off topic standalone discussion in this thread for now.  Please return to the topic.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-02-2016, 17:02:30 »
Might have to go back to the game's own AA. When I started 2.5 the first time, I had forgotten to force AA from ATI drivers and in-game AA was turned off, and then I seemingly had the old suppression effect. Now, I am back to the "recommended" way of forcing AA from drivers (not in-game menu) and no suppression in sight (pun intended).