Author Topic: sound problem  (Read 733 times)

Offline naoko

• View Profile
sound problem
« on: 16-07-2009, 09:07:40 »
why when i change loading music (for maps) i can not  hear any loading music. I was check the name and the file format (.ogg). And every thing correct. i'm use converter from mp3 to ogg. Where's the wrong?

and one thing...
i was copy paste your weapon sound to my counter strike 1.6. And when i play whit that (pressing fire), the sound would not stop until the next round. Real odd.....

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: sound problem
« Reply #1 on: 16-07-2009, 09:07:57 »
You've copied a FH2 gun and ported it to CS1.6.. why?

If its a mod, for public release, then you will need permison to do that, and i wonder why the sound would not stop., you only copied and pasted it, did no coding.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-07-2009, 13:07:23 »
Well, its non-related to the issue @ hand, but it does fall under the topic - And its not a bug report

I wanted to get the complete effect of sound in FH2 so I got an X-FI fatality 7.1 soundcard, athough I have only a 5.1 speaker system. I changed setting to hardware andd:
First issue: I couldn't change BF2 settings to Creative X-FI, athough my soundcard IS Creative X-FI, but I could enable hardware with EAX ... still I'm not satisfied

2nd issue:
At a decent sound level for movies and games, I set my volume control for each set of speakers in the following order:
Front - 12o'clock (Where mute is 7.30)
Center - 9 o'clock (Too loud if set to 12 o'clock)
Rear and bass - 4.30 (cranked past 12)

Rear needs to be at 4.30 since the rear speakers are further back so need to be equalized in volume by being alot louder, bass I just like

However, the reason for such low volume for center was because firearms sounded extremely loud at the expected 12oclock position. I figured the settings to be acceptable until I noted how silent everything else infront of me was besides my own gun...

The sound effects for 1st person gunshots is way too loud, I could barely hear a tank or Junkers aircraft engine right infront of me and yet once it passed it suddenly became louder - If its possible, could gun sounds esp. rifles be reduced by say, a factor of 25% for the 2.2 release in order to restore it the same volume as the front side speakers

In software mode, the worst offender seemed to be the N04 rifle, but with hardware, all handheld guns, especially rifle sounds are terribly loud... And warp the sound effect of the battlefield unrealistically

« Last Edit: 16-07-2009, 13:07:35 by djinn »

Biiviz

« Reply #3 on: 16-07-2009, 13:07:04 »
Personally, I haven't noticed these volume problems. Firing a gun IS loud and momentarily mutes almost everything else going on around you. The German tanks are pretty loud in first-person, but I just lower the volume temporarily when tanking.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-07-2009, 15:07:09 »
the x-fi chips all should have an software option called  "SVN"

enable it and be happy
it will dynamically increased/decreased the volume of audio sources to a level where you can hear them all.

e.g.
i got running
teamspeak,
fh2,
winamp

even when inside a tank i can still hear my music and the guys on teamspeak without any fiddling around with the volume buttons of the speakers or settings in the software.

of course extreme loud noise like a firing 88 will overshadow most sounds but especially tank driving and flying is much more pleasant that way.

for the X-FI setting in BF2 you have to select hardware and the quality to ULTRA(-high)
this setting should only be available IF the x-fi is working correctly.

Live Long & Die Happy

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-07-2009, 18:07:40 »
I have a similar issue i tried to change the menu music replace it with COD1 menu music and it didnt work even though I followed the directions perfectly for changing BF2 menu music, just I did it in the FH2 folder and it didnt work