Author Topic: Forgotten Hope Weekly Highlights  (Read 17466 times)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope Weekly Highlights
« Reply #60 on: 17-08-2014, 23:08:05 »
So Like a commisar, I make examples,

Haha, I liked this :)
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28-08-2014, 01:08:42 »
GREAT SQUADS STILL EXIST!

Decided to give my depression a punch in the nut with some mindless fun on the server,
And what I got instead was some of the finest teamwork ai've experienced in a while.

I had players like Fairplayer, Watchtower, with me on maps like Hurtgen, playing as German and Falaise, playing as Canucks. I also played, although not as squad leader on Bastogne.

Our strategy on Bastogne was simple. Hold at all costs. It was an average match until out of hell, some German squad flanked South and possibly ordered to fight from within the building at Marvie, begun given us some real trouble. Evidnce that these weren't n00bs? They took. Our at least 3 tanks our squad leader was usjg to button up the building. Firet time I've honestly faced a squad as coordinated as mine.

Thankfully, our flag, despite falling twice, never became German. Efentually, after fighting an endless supply of them, we decided there was a squad leader somewhere in the forest spawning rhem, so I grabbed a flame thrower and begun spraying the whole building, which had been HEed a number of times, byt some how had survivors picking us off in the street.

Finally, in the mix the squad leader was taken out and I literally breathed a sigh of relief. That was intense!

Hurtgen was great, but strategy was to be expected. Being pushed back to Germeter, I was advicee not to go outside but maintain a apawn in at the flag, so i did. Bleeding the US white, using my standard approach of calling them out to surrender, which pisses them off enough to bleed themselves faster against our wall of steel and shaped charges.

Finally, Falaise. What a match. Very quickly, I realize we were the only squad doing a thing, the other squad not being coordinated, but having individuals good enough to realize, if they were to experience some good action, they to work closely behind us. By Stl Lambert, we had a nice strategy, them covernour flanks, us taki the fight to the German attackers. Unfortunately, while we were repeating a Germeter strategy, grinding waves upon wave of agermans down to a nub, a StuH came out of nowhere, and my entire assault team got blown up in one mushroom cloud, and on queue, my internet cut, forcing me to leave some of the finest squad mates I've had the pleasure to play alongside to an uncertain fate.

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28-08-2014, 13:08:22 »

Epic round on Vossenack two weeks ago, man I wish battlerecorder's ON on 762 server xD
To sum up, earlier I played this map as tanker, trying to hold the Church at all cost with Panther, player StorDyr joined me as MG gunner and repairman as well. The whole team was pushed back, we were only holding Kall Trail most of the time, even the flag closest to our main was in US hands most of the time, and the team spent so much time taking it back, eventually we've lost the round.

So few hours later, Vossenack again, and StorDyr joined me again, funny coincidence. So I decided to change my plan, this time I would not play as defensively as before : once the church was secured we would push to one of the two front flags, so we headed for Oberdorf flag. YOLO squad was created, and people started joining it. We took that flag without difficulty, and then I decided not to be too greedy, we would secure this flank (Oberdorf and Kall Trail flag), that would give us two flags, while the rest of the team was at the church. And the squad performed extremely well, we had to withdraw to Kall Trail several time because of US sneakers, and go back to Oberdorf then, where I could intercept most of the US tanks lured into this flag. I've been taken down the first time by a M10 hidden in the forest (despite hearing it I could not see it), so I spawned back into our main, grab the Panther again. This time we had lost Oberdorf and the flag close to our main as well. But I decided to completly ignore it and instead focus on Oberdorf (which had at that time fallen into US hands). When we reach the flag, I stand in front of at least 4 US tanks (not Damaso squad lol), they were so close of mine that I had to use reverse gear in order to avoid being flanked. Took down all of them, but a 5th Sherman got me. Then we reached that flag again and held it until the end of the round.
Best round ever lol, everything was working in my favor that day, I had to take a screenshot of the scoreboard :

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/910719ForgottenHope22014081800293091.png
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/926643ForgottenHope22014081800293225.png

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 31-08-2014, 23:08:03 »
Just had a bunch of good rounds today. Omaha and Hurtgen were both great close matches. Had a round on Totalize too that was really well played by both teams.
Too bad the server degenerated into an uncap camp fest on Ramelle :P was having a really good time

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 01-09-2014, 10:09:11 »
Blame that on you know who. There are reasons he has an insanely high kill to death rate.

I experienced him too. Literally following us on on the uncap side of the river. First in the church, then the two storey building overlooking the bridge.

That said, we probably lost Ramelle more because of stiff resistance from a better organized enemy.

But Hurtgen was a terrific map. We were pushed all the way back to Germeter, but we managed to coordinwte nicely with the AT and at least one StuG to push bsck their armor, occupy the two storey close to the 88 and bleed the Americans out. Without that flank, their attack on the other end simply broke apart, courtesy of sharpshooters and AT at the base itself.

We did get a few in the perimeter, and my men were pinned down by snipers in the Barn, but their team failed to take advantage of this and we re-occupied the two storey building, in what ai called 'Doing a Pavlov's house' and holding out against direct fire from tanks and waves and waves of infantry.

« Last Edit: 01-09-2014, 10:09:27 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20-09-2014, 22:09:36 »
Only thing interesting recently was absorbing enemy waves and preventing the enemy from capping even the first line of defenses on Mareth Line and Siege of Tobruk.

Also, that famous Back-camper was complaining to Admin about
someone else of back-camping and killing him.

I never quite understand how people can't simply play fair. It's FUN to play fair.
You lose a base that gets crossed out, and you call for a fighting retreat.
And if you can't play that way, then accept others who don't.

Call yourself snipers and decide to hunt each other down instead of whining about it.

I respect that guy for his scores and all, but I suddenly found him a whiny little kid after this incident.

All is fair in love and war, and if it isn't, then it better damn well be unfair for you too.

Offline DesertFox20591

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 21-09-2014, 01:09:14 »
was fun to play with you djinn as squad leader and BTW i recorded Siege of Tobruk last night and will upload it to youtube very soon
« Last Edit: 21-09-2014, 01:09:26 by DesertFox20591 »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 02-10-2014, 01:10:24 »
Oh what an epic round on Gazala just now 8)

I believe I've found the key to this map, and it's not the 150th box.

Whenever I play Gazala I see mostly the same thing; if the Germans are smart and care about winning, they strap into their Storch, bail out over Acroma, become SLer, and proceed to pop little German babies out and overwhelm the flag to pester the British team. (It's immersion breaking, and annoying as all hell imo :P)

The Brits only need 3 flags to win this map. And imo those big 3 are the 150th Box, Knightsbridge and Acroma. These three flags are the closest together, they're easy to get reinforcements to and from, while Sidi Muftah might as well be Tobruk.

Imo, for the Brits to win on this map, you need two very good squads and the rest of the team can go about whatever they want.

1 Squad needs to defend the 150th box; it's an easy flag to defend and a lot of fun to fight in. There's never a shortage of squads willing to help out here.

The other squad needs to do some rearguard action and defend both Knightbridge and Acroma. And if you're good, you can keep both of these flags suppressed with just one squad. Which we did tonight 8)   

Rearguard Defense:
I decided to actually test out my theory and play the defender for this round. I hopped in a fast recon tank and sat back between Knightsbridge and Acroma while the rest of the team inevitably focused on the box and the occasional squad at Sidi Muftah.

The rest of the round was epic as hell. Just like clockwork a German SLer rushed Acroma and it fell neutral. I immediately fell back to my main objective and had my squad pour out of my tank to secure the flag. I had the recon plane do a quick pass over Acroma (great recon pilot btw (notonymous or something?)) and we rooted out the cowardly SLer easily. The Germans tried this about 2 more times, both with a successful counter attack by my squad and the occasional reinforcements from El Adem.

After that the Germans got aggressive. They started pouring their whole team into Acroma and the rest of the team was forced to pull back and help out, leaving the rest of the flags open. This left  Knightsbridge to fall and getting that back would have been near impossible if it hadn't been for the other squads flanking them from the Box.

Another huge key to this map is the high ground where the 6 and 2 pdr sit between Knightsbridge and Acroma; and without any good arty support, we had to storm the hill on foot. My squad and I lost a lot of good men and tanks trying to take back that hill. But eventually, 1 tank suppressed the hill while another sneaked into Knightbridge and rooted the defenders out.

It was just an amazing game overall, and my squad was epic. Easily best squad the whole round. :D

The tickets were neck and neck all game, and in fact we were down 20 tickets until we took back Knightsbridge and started to bleed them down.   

Here's what we had to deal with The frustration of a misused recon plane. :P

Bleeding them dry

The workhorse of the Rearguard squad I love this thing <3 ;D

Close and Great game played by both sides

This was honestly one of the best rounds I've ever had. Just so much action out in the open desert away from the conventional Box flag. It was amazing ;D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02-10-2014, 11:10:47 »
OOh nice, DesertFox20591. Can't wait to see it.

@Mattbaker,
Yes, yes. I am starting to enjoy Gazala. It has unfortunately become something of a server killer, but I had loadz of fun as pilot (I suck though). Still, its so rewarding to swoop down and kill a Panzer IV besieging one of the defensive hills. I can almost see the relieved troops cheering.

In other news, the greatest killer to airplanes is not the 88 or flakcannon, but.. tada! The panzerII!
No wonder they phased those things out. That thing is EVIL. 

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02-10-2014, 15:10:42 »
I wish someone recorded the battle when british,my team won 1-0!!!!!!!!!I think it was the map Lebisey.

And if someone recorded Omaha beach in dijnn squad,you know that story
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 05-10-2014, 03:10:32 »
So, who else witnessed the Siege of Tobruk round or epicness?  ;D
After ages of rape, the Germans cap the last flag with like 5 tickets left. The Australian tickets start raining fast, but those asshats manage to kill enough Germans to win the round with 15 tickets left.  :o Literally a second later and we would have won.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 05-10-2014, 03:10:25 »
I thought I took a screenshot but I guess my PC just said no :P 15-0 we won I think?

The all chat in this case was actually pretty funny to watch:

Aussies: "lol Germans, you'll never win"
Germans: "fuck this team you all suck!"
*Germans cap last flag*
Aussies: "Git Stuffed!"
Germans: *maniacal laughter*
Germans: "IN YOUR FACE AUSSIES!"
*Somehow remaining Aussies kill the rest of the German reinforcements as they bleed*
Australia 15 Germany 0
 :o

Then the whole next round was shit talking ;D

I can now say I've seen it all in FH2.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 05-10-2014, 10:10:03 »

1 second before the end.

Offline DesertFox20591

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 05-10-2014, 14:10:31 »

1 second before the end.

dat crazy ticket drainage...BTW i managed to repair the 25 pounder and got 2 of your team before we won 15-0 which i think was 'Rmbooic'

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05-10-2014, 14:10:19 »
Man I love matches like that and I especially love Siege of Tobruk, one of my favorite NA maps. Sounds like an amazing round.  :)