Author Topic: FH2 Modding Q&A  (Read 143762 times)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Modding Q&A
« Reply #315 on: 08-12-2010, 21:12:04 »
Well, I want snow on my nap, so I need snow texture - in bf2 editor there are grass, rock, desert textures, but no snow...

Edit: I mean color texture

Edit2: I see that I must use tpaint...
« Last Edit: 08-12-2010, 21:12:49 by Kwiot »

azreal

« Reply #316 on: 08-12-2010, 23:12:18 »
I honestly would recommend that you learn how to make a simple map for FH2 before trying to modify anything.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 31-01-2011, 16:01:29 »
Editing kitmeshes probably isn't that easy after all, am I right? (Thought I'd add a walkie talkie to scout kits - but having the model of radio positioned in the UW_kits seems not to be quite enough) :-X

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #318 on: 02-02-2011, 13:02:48 »
What causes minimap to disappear after renaming the map?

Nvm, got it working with hazzling with gameplay area thingy
« Last Edit: 02-02-2011, 15:02:27 by kummitus »
CMP Gaming

Offline Zero

• Developer
  • ALL AMERICAN ZERO
    • View Profile
    • Hi-Fi Classic Music
« Reply #319 on: 03-02-2011, 12:02:41 »
Editing kitmeshes probably isn't that easy after all, am I right? (Thought I'd add a walkie talkie to scout kits - but having the model of radio positioned in the UW_kits seems not to be quite enough) :-X

if you're just adding a mesh to a kit all you need to do is add it to a special kit export 3ds max file to the proper kits and whatnot. rebuilding this file from from scratch on your own is really not plausible, so... may want get kneepads. :P also you would need to put it's texture/normalmap onto the existing kit texture. iirc bf2 gets really pissy if 2 different kit parts are on 2 different textures. i would target a coder as they would know the details better. i'm a bit of a "blbecek" with this stuff.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 03-02-2011, 15:02:13 »
well, I've already come to terms with this most likely not going to work out anyway (at least I discovered you have driver/tanker kitmeshes on top of the "classic" ones so that made my day - I could finally have SMG class with teh gogglez but with a different helmet skin than the engineer class :))

but...
i'm a bit of a "blbecek" with this stuff.

this made me go like "what the f..." :D heh

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 06-02-2011, 11:02:54 »
What is low-res size & scale? It's when I create new terrain.

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 09-02-2011, 14:02:47 »
Its the size of the surrounding terrain (not playable). Use the default values or lowest possible size, raising the surr terrain scale can severly decrease performance.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 10-02-2011, 08:02:42 »
Ok, thx.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 20-03-2011, 12:03:10 »
Hello

Last week I reinstalled the editor on my new computer and finally I got it starting. I've done some tutorials and a lot of wrap-up reading. Afterwards I made a little workplan, thought alot about gameplay and the basic layout while trying to not get stuck with that part. I'm currently working on the terrain & ground but I faced some problems with the texturing:

1) Is there a way to see which detail & color styles were used for the layers 1-6 in the texturing mode on an existing fh2 map?

While I got somewhat used to the editor I couldn't figure that out. I see of course the layers which I defined by myself but I wish to find out the following layers:

- PDH
- Port en Bessain

2) How intense should be texturing done? I noticed that I can paint the area quit differently with the same layer. The more paint I apply the darker it gets, but even with only I little portion of paint I see the texture from the near distance. Is there a optimum which will affect the ressource intensity or can I paint always to the maximum?

Thank you in advance. I really love to be able to work now with the editor as already the last time it was a great portion of fun for me. As it's now working without crahsing all 5minutes it's just wonderful.  :D :D

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 20-03-2011, 17:03:26 »
1) Is there a way to see which detail & color styles were used for the layers 1-6 in the texturing mode on an existing fh2 map?

While I got somewhat used to the editor I couldn't figure that out. I see of course the layers which I defined by myself but I wish to find out the following layers:

- PDH
- Port en Bessain

The detail and color styles can be found in the GroundProperties.con of the map: Here is the location of the file for pointe du hoc:

[...]\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels\pointe_du_hoc\server.zip\Editor\

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 20-03-2011, 19:03:42 »
Thank you very much. You helped me alot with that.  :)

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 29-03-2011, 22:03:29 »
[Geom] : tl: Error: StaticMesh village_house_014_des lod: 3 mat: 2 is a per-pixel material. Per-pixel materials are only allowed on lod 0 and lod 1.
To fix this, change material in maya, and re-import the fixed mesh in Bf2Editor.

Hi. When loading the map with the editor it tells me for various objects the above posted warning message. Can this lead to a future mapcrash while loading or is it a debug that can be ignored?

I can load the map in FH2 without any troubles or longer loadingperiod so this warning is confusing me quite a bit.

Sometimes it's pretty tough with that nasty editor but nonetheless it's still a great portion of fun.  :D

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 30-03-2011, 08:03:31 »
ignore the asserts, they have nothing to do with your map.  8)

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 30-03-2011, 09:03:10 »
Thank you Natty!  :)