Author Topic: Neutral steering  (Read 929 times)

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
Neutral steering
« on: 24-07-2010, 02:07:25 »
The devs may have discussed about this among themselves, but I haven't found a thread about it, so here goes:

Right now, any tank in the game can pretty much turn on the spot.
Yet, many shouldn't be able to do so, as neutral steering was something rather few tanks were capable of.

I believe it could be corrected by increasing the turn radius (at low speed, if the engine allows it) of some tanks slightly, since we already have to accelerate to steer. It could simulate this mechanical limitation very well.

Any opinions on this?
With all the WWII enthusiasts here, I probably am not the first to think about this.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neutral steering
« Reply #1 on: 24-07-2010, 03:07:32 »
While they couldn't do neutral steering, they could still shut down one track and turn with that.  While its not as fast, it still had a very similar effect, turning on the track instead of the center of the tank.  Considering you have to move forward already, I don't think this is really needed (especially also considering the already major mobility problems in the BF2 engine) however I'm sure some minor tweaks could probably be done to represent this.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
Re: Neutral steering
« Reply #2 on: 25-07-2010, 03:07:10 »
Alright, thanks for the answer.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.