Author Topic: Maps load extremely slowly  (Read 793 times)

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
Maps load extremely slowly
« on: 30-06-2019, 17:06:16 »
I've recently run into an issue where maps are loading extremely slowly, and after about 15 minutes they're usually only 3-5% finished loading. I've tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling onto a different hard drive but still get the same issue. Deleting C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Local\Forgotten_Hope likewise doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have any idea on what would cause this?

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Maps load extremely slowly
« Reply #1 on: 30-06-2019, 22:06:56 »
Once had a problem like that with punkbuster verifyong files very slowly. I completely removed and reset my profile in MyDocuments in the FH directory and it fixed the problem. I also verified all BF2 files (if you have the Steam version).

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-07-2019, 05:07:46 »
Once had a problem like that with punkbuster verifyong files very slowly. I completely removed and reset my profile in MyDocuments in the FH directory and it fixed the problem. I also verified all BF2 files (if you have the Steam version).

Good suggestion, but it didn't seem to fix the issue. I've also tried singleplayer and gotten the same problem so it's probably not punkbuster. I'll continue to screw around with different things I guess.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-07-2019, 21:07:31 »
Is it by any chance after the PC wakes up from sleepmode? Because I used to have this issue where I had to do an extra "wake up call" on my HDD, if I wouldn't do it my loadingtimes would increase.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-07-2019, 23:07:59 »

Good suggestion, but it didn't seem to fix the issue. I've also tried singleplayer and gotten the same problem so it's probably not punkbuster. I'll continue to screw around with different things I guess.
Check your antivirus also, they can really slow down loading times sometimes.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-07-2019, 22:07:02 »
I got back to this and it seems that just running in admin mode fixes the problem. Not sure why that suddenly popped up, but I probably should have tried it before going through the trouble of reinstalling  :P

Thanks for the suggestions!

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 08-07-2019, 09:07:42 »
No problem. Glad you got the problem fixed  8)