Author Topic: DOWNLOAD LINKS - Post-release bug fixes for SP/Coop  (Read 85762 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: DOWNLOAD LINKS - Post-release bug fixes for SP/Coop
« Reply #180 on: 25-11-2012, 13:11:16 »
First of all, guys, there's a high chance that in a week or two you'll see new patch which will include updated maps, new fixes for 2.45 and, um, fixes for the current fixes.

This patch is just lovely, but there's one essential issue still to be fixed: Bots can't cross bridges with vehicles.
The best minds have struggled with this problem but, sorry to say, bridges still cause traffic jams.

Also, it's really sad that my new favourite map, being the Battle of Keren, is no longer working, just like Siege of Tobruk.
We will look into it.

But whats up with Bardia. I´m missing the desc-file in the info-folder!?
Yup, Coop is missing in Bardia's desc-file. I attached zip with fixed file to this post, just unpack the archive to ...\mods\fh2\levels\bardia\info folder.

Are there other maps that are running fine, i mean maps that don´t need a fix?
Sorry, can't help here as, tbh, I haven't played the maps from the patch.
« Last Edit: 25-11-2012, 13:11:20 by gavrant »

Offline SamusMaximus8492

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 02-12-2012, 04:12:46 »
Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask, however this thread seems to get the most attention so.... Does anyone know if the FHT Battle of Britain map does not work with 2.45? I notice the level folder doesn't have the archive.md5 or mapdata.py that are in all the other level's folders, however it's the file I dl'd and used with 2.4.

Is there possibly an updated version? Just got a new joystick and I'm itching for some air battles  ;D
« Last Edit: 02-12-2012, 04:12:43 by SamusMaximus8492 »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 03-12-2012, 03:12:59 »
Samus, try this topic: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17633.0
As I understand, the guys there updated some custom maps for 2.45, but Battle of Britain is not among them.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 13-01-2013, 00:01:47 »
I have started to modify the damage values of SMG and pistol/revolver calibres in order to make them as effective as they should be. As a reference I used various trustworthy sources, like statistics from law enforcement agencies and the military. As a result, I upped the damage values of every one of the affected calibres by the amount of six (also in order to keep things balanced). The results were positive (.45 ACP now disables with two hits to the upper body), however the Allies seem to be overpowered now, but I can't see why. I attached the tweak file to this post so that you can try it out yourselves. Please let me know what you think about it!

Please be aware that with this file installed, you will not be able to play online. Therefore, I would highly recommend to copy your existing one to a safe directory to prevent incompatibilities with PB.

EDIT:
Errm... Just forget about this one, it's complete BS  :P The damage values are fine as they are now, it was the exaggerated recoil on the Thompsons that led me to thinking that the calibres would require correction. I'll work on that instead.
« Last Edit: 14-02-2013, 15:02:56 by ksl94 »

Offline MagicShot

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 07-03-2013, 20:03:44 »
Beaumont - Bloody Beach - St. Fromond - Ste Mere Eglise link is broken.
BTW almost every gamefront liks is broken  :)

Offline CosmonautVince

• Ef god dun exits, den how ded I Cosmonaut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 19-03-2013, 04:03:14 »
ok... so just to save myself the migraine, is the new uber patch a cumulative of all the previous levels offered? or are only some maps contained?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 19-03-2013, 22:03:05 »
As far as I know, the last version contains all the fixes of the previous ones. I am not entirely shure, though.

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 06-04-2013, 00:04:11 »
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I'm finding some of the information here and elsewhere on the forums a bit confusing. Hypothetical situation: I want to set up a new FH2 co-op server. Obviously my first step should be to install the most recent official server release: http://fhdev.dyndns.org/~spitfire/fh2pub/2.45/fh2-server-2.5.776a.tar. But there have been several semi-official patches/updates/hotfixes for co-op and single player since that release, including the one discussed in this thread. So, for the best co-op experience, exactly what should I install on top of 2.5.776a?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 06-04-2013, 00:04:03 »
Try this:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=18569.0
It includes all the stuff from other patches (well, there is only one other patch, but it is dispersed in several threads here) + some new stuff.

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 06-04-2013, 00:04:52 »
I did see that one, and was starting to look at it, but I wasn't sure, because it talks a lot about single player, and how it's not compatible with multiplayer.  I realize that single player is basically the same as coop, but the main difference is that coop *is* multiplayer. I suspect what was meant was that if you install it on your client, you won't be able to play on servers that *don't* have the patch. Is that about right? And to install it, do I basically just overwrite any files already there on my server?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 06-04-2013, 01:04:26 »
Yeah, when someone says 'singleplayer' here, it usually means 'all AI game modes' (Coop + Singleplayer). Some people prefer to play Coop even alone just because it allows to tweak bots numbers and skill in-game + there are some performance tricks for Coop. Gameplay-wise there's no difference between Singleplayer and Coop (well, almost). And 'multiplayer' usually means human vs human online servers, that is, without bots.

I suspect what was meant was that if you install it on your client, you won't be able to play on servers that *don't* have the patch. Is that about right?
Yes, almost all online servers will kick you if you try to join them with the patch installed.

And to install it, do I basically just overwrite any files already there on my server?
Yes. Note that the .exe file from that thread can install the patch to any directory. So you can unpack the files to an empty directory on your PC and then copy the content of that directory to your server, overwriting stuff there.

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 06-04-2013, 01:04:55 »
Okay, thanks for that. I'll be installing the B patch on my server. Originally I was a bit concerned about losing my own tweaks (I changed init.con for several maps that were running with 9999:9999 tickets in coop 64p mode), but I see from the changes listed for patch B that it includes a proper fix for this. Again, thanks!

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 06-04-2013, 17:04:29 »
I installed the 'B' hotfix on my server, overwriting the virgin, official FH2.45a files as needed. The server starts just fine, but when I try to join with my client, it loads to 100%, verifies files okay, then about 2 seconds after the JOIN button appears, the client crashes to desktop. It does this every time in exactly the same way. I tried starting a different map on the server but it didn't make any difference. If I stop the server, put the virgin fh2.45a folder back, and restart the server, I can join and play without any problems.

Any ideas? I'm starting to think I really do need the FH2.45b files on my client as well. If that's the case, then I probably won't bother with 'B' since I don't want to force players to install something that will prevent them from joining other servers. Maybe I can use parts of 'B' on the server? Hmmm.

BTW, should I be posting this in the hotfix B thread? I feel like I sort of hijacked this one.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 10-04-2013, 13:04:43 »
TBH, I haven't tested the 'patched Coop server vs vanilla client' variant, but the crash on join doesn't surprise me. You can try to install the hotfix on your server skipping the following files:
    ..\serverarchives.con
    ..\sp_objects_kits_server.zip
    ..\sp_objects_vehicles_server.zip
    ..\sp_objects_weapons_server.zip
Maybe, then the server will let vanilla clients in, but I'm 50% sure that it won't help. And even if it helps, those files, among other things, fix CTDs caused by vehicles and weapons, so you'll still have to avoid some maps where the offending objects are present.

As a last resort, you can copy only ..\python folder from the patch, all the scripts there are executed server-side. At least it will fix the 9999:9999 tickets bug.

BTW, should I be posting this in the hotfix B thread? I feel like I sort of hijacked this one.
I wouldn't worry much about that, it blends nice into the topic called "Post-release bug fixes for SP/Coop" :)

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 10-04-2013, 16:04:22 »
TBH, I haven't tested the 'patched Coop server vs vanilla client' variant, but the crash on join doesn't surprise me. You can try to install the hotfix on your server skipping the following files:
Okay, I'll try skipping those files. But from what you're saying, it sounds like most, if not all, of the people using hotfix 'B' on their server are assuming that anyone attempting to join their server will have the 'B' hotfix applied to their client as well. Which is another reason for the warning about not being able to join 'multiplayer' (PvP) servers with hotfix 'B' installed on a client. In any case, I'll let you know what I find, and then maybe you can add a warning to the hotfix 'B' post about patching clients to join patched servers. But you may want to do your own testing before you do that. Anyway, thanks!