Author Topic: [Vehicles] PanzerIII Late damage...  (Read 1189 times)

Offline MK

• View Profile
[Vehicles] PanzerIII Late damage...
« on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:35 »
As we speak about panzers....anybody notice that pzIII late(long barell)is weak,i mean power of his gun...i tested this several times on Aberdeen,and i notice that this gun has this same power as pzIII early,and shooting with pzg ammo take less damage than pzg pzIII early(example with pzIIIe pzg vs matilda/valentine 3 hits and usually tank has been destroyed shooting in side,with pzIIIlate it takes 5 hits and some time hit indicator not show direct hits(pzIIIearly pzg always shows when is direct hit)

my conclusion:
pzIIIe with pzg is stronger against matilda/valentine than pzIIIlate pzg,against Grants late version is weaker too(2-3 hits normal ap ammo with long barell in Grant side)i think in previous FH2 patch this tank has been more powerful

« Last Edit: 01-04-2009, 12:04:55 by Lightning »

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
Re: PanzerIII Late question..
« Reply #1 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:05 »
I cannot confirm your suspicions while looking at the code. As far as I can tell the Panzer III J/e PzGr39 penetrates 50mm and the PzGr40 70mm. For the Panzer III J/l the PzGr penetrates 60mm and the PzGr40 also 70mm.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:10 »
Are these in-game or real life values, Lightning?
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:43 »
Those are the in game values. I'm not a coder however, so I'm not sure how the entire system works.