Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the upcoming eastfront?  (Read 111190 times)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wanna see in the upcoming eastfront?
« Reply #30 on: 18-01-2011, 17:01:52 »

I think the main question then is "what time period?"  We don't exactly know what time period you are shooting for currently.  Is it 1943 Kursk, or perhaps Kharkov, or the russian counter attack in the Ukraine after Kursk?  1944 Bagration?  1944 Balkans and invasion of Hungary?  Crimea and the Caucasus Bridgehead?

I hope is early and late periods.

Offline Caselius

• Getting shot is my forte
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18-01-2011, 17:01:23 »
Finland and map set in VKT line...
ARMA 3 - Northern Fronts mod developer

azreal

« Reply #32 on: 18-01-2011, 18:01:33 »
I think the main question then is "what time period?"  We don't exactly know what time period you are shooting for currently.  Is it 1943 Kursk, or perhaps Kharkov, or the russian counter attack in the Ukraine after Kursk?  1944 Bagration?  1944 Balkans and invasion of Hungary?  Crimea and the Caucasus Bridgehead?

Let's say 1943 and onwards for now.

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18-01-2011, 18:01:39 »
Battle of Berlin, would love to be the guy who puts the flag on the Reichstag

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal
WoT nick= RoflSeal(aka BucketSeal by hslan and TS guys)

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18-01-2011, 18:01:32 »
I would love to see:

-limited rifles for russians (in early stage of war)
-Henschel 129 with 75mm PaK 40L (version B3)
-excellent equiped elite divisions both in SS and in Wehrmacht (STG 44's, Bundled Nades, Gewehr 43)
-tanks like BT-2/7, T-60, T-70, T-80, T-26, T-28, T-34, KVs (1,2,1s and 85) IS-1 and 2, Panzer 35 and 38(t), Hetzer, StuH42, SU-76, KV-2, Nerdifants, Wspe, Hummel, Grille, Nashorn, Brummbär, Guderian's Duck, Marders 2.
-weapons like PPSh, PPSd, SVT-40, DP light machinegun, Maxim, PTRS/PTRD
-Narodnyy komissariat vnutrennikh del   kit with Pistolet Tokareva and squad of 2 people equiped with Maxim HMG and no negative score for them for teamkilling.

Oh and a dude equiped with RED FLAG and a Pistolet Tokareva nothing more.

+1 from me as well.

Biiviz

« Reply #35 on: 18-01-2011, 18:01:05 »
I'd like to see the Winter war and/or the Continuation war.

(Big surprise!)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18-01-2011, 18:01:14 »
We're not too happy anymore with the strict limits we've put on earlier releases, so we haven't decided any official period. Needless to say though, we also want a quick release, so the more stuff we can use that's already in the mod, the better.

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18-01-2011, 18:01:04 »
Most of my sources come from books, and it's usually hard to find anything equal on the internet, biggest problem is maps which I have in my books though.
As for names, for example, Nikopol Bridgehead 1943 (south of the Dnieper "knee" in Ukraine) would be an interesting choice. Elefants saw extensive use there, may satisfy some people ;)
My best source for that battle is a book called "Crucible of Combat, Germany's Defensive Battles in the Ukraine 1943-44" which include smaller map of the specific area, I got no access to scanner though at this time.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18-01-2011, 19:01:23 »
How about some burnt to a crisp remains of a certain someone.  that would be a nice easter egg to see in say, a berlin map!

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18-01-2011, 19:01:03 »
In my opinion all the Eastern Front maps for FH1 were brilliant.

Why not just redo them for FH2 like you did with the North Africa maps ? Why do you guys need new battle scenarios if all the preparations are already done in those 16 maps ?

I believe thats a waste of more time. All the research and general balance on those maps is already done.

But thats just me.

8)
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 19:01:31 by RAnDOOm »

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18-01-2011, 20:01:22 »
Cool idea with the detailed map wishes. I may not be able to map thanks to my inabilites with the editor and the lack of time but I like to put the following battle in the run:

Raseiniai - Dubysa River 1941
A battle of the year 1941 which I found very interesting was located at the Dubysa river: The Battle of Raseiniai in Lithuania. During a short period of time the 4rd german mechanic div. (wikipedia is in my op. not correct on this) fought several russian enemies and broke through the lines. The victory was essential for the attack on Leningrad but causes delayes that could be the reseaon why the city was never invaded itself.

What could be very cool to play - and make it a special map was that a KV-2 Tank was blocking one of the 2 important roads to the river itself. The KV-2 was "burried" in the center of very small village but could held off due to his armor and protection material on it many german forces. Maybe it would be possible to make the destruction of that beast without air support as mixed map: Conquer & Objectiv. The bridges on the Dubysa must be captured by the german forces and the KV-2 which blocks reinforcements and else be destroyed.

The area was a nice mix of forest, fields and little villages. The architecture is really different which would make it even hotter. Have a look yourself:

The ground and the forest area near the river is nicely documented by 2 bloggers that made a little historical trip near Raseiniai. http://blog.periskop.info/59

Some Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_raseiniai
http://www.rytufrontas.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.58 (<- pretty good one)
http://www.antraspasaulinis.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.481
http://junebarbarossa.devhub.com/blog/488856-unpleasant-surprise-and-hitlers-nerves/
http://anonymous-generaltopics.blogspot.com/2008/04/kv-1.html (<- a bit scrolling down necesarry)

One link with many city photos (Kharkov and everything...):
http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/russiancityphotos/

greets
Nissi

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18-01-2011, 20:01:39 »
This is about what YOU wanna see in the eastfront.

The grit from FH1 reincarnated

also, classic maps that make me feel im in Russia. like Kursk, Stalingrad etc..

azreal

« Reply #42 on: 18-01-2011, 20:01:30 »
I would like to point out that Nissi's post above mine is exactly what Lightning, Fenring, and the rest of the dev team wants to see from this thread.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18-01-2011, 20:01:58 »
I don't understand why people built so huge churches in such small villages - sb had too much money  :P For my village (I mean this which I want to make for FH2) theres also quite big church - but it's located in Belgium  :P

Anyway I expect to see some great epic tank battles in Eastern Front!  ;D
As sb said, isn't possible to convert maps from FH1 to FH2?

azreal

« Reply #44 on: 18-01-2011, 20:01:27 »
Only terrain and textures. Statics, vehicles, and gameplay objects must be re-done.