Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the upcoming eastfront?  (Read 111348 times)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wanna see in the upcoming eastfront?
« Reply #15 on: 18-01-2011, 14:01:49 »
@Lightning

Well here it comes.

I would like to see huge tank maps, I mean HUGE like 4km x 4km also the view distances would be something like 1000 meters. The map would have hills and lots of field. Mostly field because of performance, and the skybox should be something phenomenal like in Gazala for the looks. Lot's of different tanks and so that range would actually matter in penetration as well and you could actually see the accuracy difference in different tank guns. So Germans could have the advantage they had in real life, their engagement ranges. Russians would need to rush with T-34 (awesome!) and a like tanks with smaller guns to be able do damage Germans (of course tanks like IS-2 would be really capable in long range and would also be hard to penetrate in long range).

I wouldn't like to see airplanes too much, maybe one Stuka G-2 and one IL-2 but no more so that it would be tank on tank mostly. Or so that Planes would be lightly armed so that they wouldn't be able to take out Tiger II and IS-2. I don't want it to turn out like in Mareth line, "Beaufighter vs Tiger".

Both teams bases would be on different sides of the map and there would be 2 hill-lines going trough the map (just imagine that Tiger II slowly showing up on the hill when you are in your T-34). The flags would be small bases or sort with one or two movable AT guns, but not too much cover maybe one small orthodox church or small kolkhoz. There would be few bushes here and there where Stug IV with camouflage (bushes and stuff on it) could hide fairly well and where small 2 man infantry squad could hide and wait for enemy tanks to get closer with their powerful AT rifles and AT grenades.

I haven't yet seen this sort of map in FH2, the main things are HUGE view distance AND HUGE engagement ranges. The map would be mainly field or something like that. Fairly plain in means of statics because of performance. And the those El Alamein style hill-lines are important for gameplay (if you make that sort of map you figure out the thousand reasons why).

I am sorry that I don't have paint as it would have helped me a lot explaining and you understanding. Anyway main things are "Tanks, 1000 meter view distance, 4km x 4km size, engagement ranges and more tanks" <-- That is something I would be so happy to see.

No historical data just pure gameplay you can name it whatever you wan't, there were probably hundreds of battles like these in eastern front that's why you have your advisors :P.
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 14:01:38 by Paavopesusieni »

Priestdk

« Reply #16 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:27 »
Well i would like to see like others surgested already the Ferdinand Tank destroyer my favorite of all time, and the Nashorn would also be nice indeed. Also theese would be a nice counter to the already showen SU-152 in the neews.
Perhabs also som smaller Russian Tank destroyers.

And also a Flametank(flamethrower) of som sort would be nice indeed.

Medium bomber planes for all factions. with perhabs bigger bombs and payloads but that have to reload for slightly longer period of time instead of the easy fly over the smaller curent ingame planes does.

Map descriptions, well actully i have a feew but I will inform you bye other means. ;)
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 15:01:09 by Priestdk »

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #17 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:02 »
Oh it's so much stuff i'd like to see! But first i'd lile you to recruit like 5 new mappers so that we can get it all started ;) . My map suggestion will come soon.

I'd like to see the obvious - mosin nagant :)

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:50 »
@Lightning
Well here it comes.

Sounds like someone played alot of WoT. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:11 »
Due to the current tank system, I expect total soviet bias ::) but anyway, eager to see ostfront ;D

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:55 »
I´d like to have:

- IL-2
- Stalinorgel/Katyusha ?spelling?
- Panzerwerfer
- Nashorn
- Finland (continuation and winter-war)
- early war stuff like Panzer 38T
- IS-2, T34, ppsh and all that obvious stuff
- Ferdinand/Elefant for Kursk

Of course epic tank battles. but i want axis quality vs soviet quantity (at least late war maps). E.g. no T34/85 with super accurate guns 1 shotting panthers frontally!
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Frediosz_pl

• POLAND - FIRST TO FIGHT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:33 »
I would love to see:

-limited rifles for russians (in early stage of war)
-Henschel 129 with 75mm PaK 40L (version B3)
-excellent equiped elite divisions both in SS and in Wehrmacht (STG 44's, Bundled Nades, Gewehr 43)
-tanks like BT-2/7, T-60, T-70, T-80, T-26, T-28, T-34, KVs (1,2,1s and 85) IS-1 and 2, Panzer 35 and 38(t), Hetzer, StuH42, SU-76, KV-2, Nerdifants, Wspe, Hummel, Grille, Nashorn, Brummbär, Guderian's Duck, Marders 2.
-weapons like PPSh, PPSd, SVT-40, DP light machinegun, Maxim, PTRS/PTRD
-Narodnyy komissariat vnutrennikh del   kit with Pistolet Tokareva and squad of 2 people equiped with Maxim HMG and no negative score for them for teamkilling.

Oh and a dude equiped with RED FLAG and a Pistolet Tokareva nothing more.
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 15:01:20 by Frediosz_pl »
T34 had obsolete shells, no CO periscopes, lack of radio, poor plating alloy, weak cannon, leaking fuel system and little space for crew. But people think it was the best tank during WWII.Quantity not quality.
Bolshevist propaganda did great job.

'A lie repeated thousand times becomes a truth'

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18-01-2011, 15:01:11 »
Nerdifants.  ;D

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18-01-2011, 16:01:43 »
-Narodnyy komissariat vnutrennikh del   kit with Pistolet Tokareva and squad of 2 people equiped with Maxim HMG and no negative score for them for teamkilling.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18-01-2011, 16:01:16 »
-Narodnyy komissariat vnutrennikh del   kit with Pistolet Tokareva and squad of 2 people equiped with Maxim HMG and no negative score for them for teamkilling.
;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^
Narodnyy komissariat vnutrennikh del FTW!  ;D ;D ;D

Don't take me wrong, I don't endorse those bastards, but they would be a cool to play. WH40K Style. ^^
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 16:01:50 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Marder

• Lopder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18-01-2011, 16:01:34 »
- Soviet tanks in year models. For example, the KV model 1940(KV-1a) had 75mm of armor. The KV model 1941 had 75+20mm, and the KV model 1942 has 110 Frontal armor
+1
As well as all the Panzer III early variants which fought in Eastern Front (no Ausf. J in summer-autumn 1941 please ;D) and all the Marder models. I trust in devs talent, so i won't request nothing more 8)
« Last Edit: 18-01-2011, 16:01:07 by Marder »

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18-01-2011, 16:01:03 »
I want wefers in abnormal quantities with infinite ammo *lol*

But srsly, StuG D :D
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18-01-2011, 17:01:57 »
Germans:

SDKFZ 251/22; armed with a PAK-40
Elefant tank destroyer
Pak 37 and 41 AT gun
SDKFZ 222
BMW R75 motorcycle
Pak 97/38
Pak 43 AT gun
SdKfz 8 with mounted 88mm gun.
Jagdpanther
Panzerjager I
Dickermax
Sturmpanzer IV "Brummbär"
Goliath tracked mine
SdKfz 2
SdKfz 4 self propelled missile battery
SDKFZ 250 half track.
15 cm sFH 36 artillery
Marder III series
Hummel self propelled artillery.
Nashorn tank destroyer
StuG III Ausf. F/8 and StuG III Ausf. E versions, I wanna use the short barreled gun.
Flak 3,7 AA gun.
Stuka JU87 G-1, armed with 2 37mm anti tank guns.
Henschel Hs 129
JU88
Captured weapons; many, many soldiers used weapons such as the SVT-40, PPSH41 and so on; I want them to be spawnable with them because of the gigantic numbers that were captured.
Captured vehicles such as T34-76, SU85M and so on.

Soviets.

Standart weapons with the exception of the PPSH43 that should go to the squad leader. Mosin Nagant sniper rifle with the PEM scope not the PU, SVT-40 with the PU scope.
T34/76 and 85.
T70 light tank.
BT light tank.
KV tank
IS2 Stalin tank.
Komsomolets armored tractor, variant with ZS2 AT gun.
ZIS 2, 3 AT guns
ML20 howitzer
M30 howitzer.
ZSU-37
ISU 152
Katyusha self propelled rocket battery.
PM 1910, with quad variant mounted on vehicles
BA-64 armored car.
Aerosani snow mobile.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18-01-2011, 17:01:48 »
I want to see some good map suggestions from the community. Our maps are becoming increasingly generic and I don't like it. Our mappers need some good ideas. We only have one very basic Eastern Front map, and I don't think it's being worked on at the moment, so this is your chance to shine.

Now, I want to stress the word "good". Because I know you guys and when I say I want map suggestions I will get ten posts saying "Do Stalingrad lol" and that's not going to help anyone. I want extensive information on a specific location. So don't suggest a Kursk map. Kursk was a huge battle fought over a huge area. Our maps are all between 1km² and 4km² (though 16km² is a theoretical possibility). Find out where the most interesting part of the battle took place and suggest that. Post pictures of the battle field, what the houses and villages there look like. Post what vehicles were used and which units fought there. Draw up a suggestion for the map layout in photoshop or paint.

Also keep in mind our limitations. Our devs work hard, but they too have limits. City maps like Stalingrad or Leningrad require a huge amount of effort. I'm sure we can make three countryside maps for every city map that is made. We will also want to re-use as much material as possible. That means we would like the battles to take place around 1944, so we can simply use the German vehicles we have, instead of having to make new ones.

I think the main question then is "what time period?"  We don't exactly know what time period you are shooting for currently.  Is it 1943 Kursk, or perhaps Kharkov, or the russian counter attack in the Ukraine after Kursk?  1944 Bagration?  1944 Balkans and invasion of Hungary?  Crimea and the Caucasus Bridgehead?

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #29 on: 18-01-2011, 17:01:16 »
As always, I will say that I want a Nagant revolver.  Partly because revolvers are cool, but also because it would actually be a unique pistol ingame since it would reload like a shotgun (open gate, {eject, reload, turn chamber}*n, close gate).

Also, I have a slight obsession with the PTRD and the super long spike bayonet of the M91/30.

Of course, all mentioned above by me (except perhaps the 1895) is a certainty.  Some other less likely things would be T-34 model 1940, Naval Infantry playermodels, GShK HMG, Pz 38(t), AVS-36, PPD-34.