Author Topic: THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX (RELEASED!)  (Read 17697 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 ISSUES - WE'RE ON IT
« Reply #15 on: 22-07-2012, 13:07:05 »
Also a lot of maps have test-mode ticket counts (9999) or unadjusted ticket counts (150). I had to fix all that manually.

The problem with 9999 tickets is a part of larger issue #51. In short, map plugins for SP and Co-op are broken since 2.4, including ticket bleed. Also, the broken plugins are responsible for this bug:
Ramelle - German bots spawn amid the US bases once first flag is capped.

Guys, if you're interested in fixing these plugins, I can make a patch for 2.45. I hope it won't take more than a week, as all necessary tools have already been created.
« Last Edit: 22-07-2012, 13:07:17 by gavrant »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22-07-2012, 14:07:48 »
Will definitely be. We want all hands on deck.
I think some maps like Ramelle and Luttich have it as 400 as max no matter how much you increase their numbers.

But do make it to directly replace the damaged files. I want to include it with other fixes and additions being made by various developers and modders into one big SP hotfix.

Don't make it to require reverse engineering. try to make it ready to go.

Really appreciate you volunteering.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23-07-2012, 04:07:24 »
Hi..im a newbie..playing fh2 for quite sometime now but mostly offline...just want to know..i played goodwood but the germans have no tanks...only a couple of marders and halftrack...im surprised to read here that there is a king tiget for germans but i cant find it in the map...plz help

Most FH2 maps have conditional vehicle spawn. The King Tiger only spawns when the Cagny flags are taken by the British team, in addition to another Panthers and Pz IVs, with a StuG. While the two front most flags, Le Mesnil Frementel and Le Preure will enable the spawn of 1 Panther and 1 Pz IV when taken by British.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23-07-2012, 14:07:10 »
If you watch carefully, you'd notice that the Brits don't even start with A tank until a few seconds after you first spawn.

Its deliberate to allow a particular flow and ebb of the battle, and also to represent real life, where the Germans didn't bring their big tanks to bear until the Allies got bogged down at Cagney.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-07-2012, 16:07:07 »
Fh2.45 has brought an aweful new problem with it: It makes my local COOP server crash on a frequent basis.
I always receive the attached error message. It may very well have to do with kits being messed up. Please have a look at this for further information: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t6136.html Is this a common problem? And does anyone know how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :-\

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25-07-2012, 17:07:37 »
Ksl94, we should find a weapon, which causes this error. I've got it on Alam Halfa. On what map(s) does your server crash?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-07-2012, 20:07:06 »
Who taught AI to use bandages? Now enemy bots throw them at me when we meet at close quarters...

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #22 on: 27-07-2012, 16:07:26 »
Same here!

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27-07-2012, 17:07:02 »
I absolutely need to check on the bot behaviour regarding bandages. That sounds awesome!  :D
As for maps on which it crashes, it's mostly ANZAC maps (Giarabub, Operation Hyacinth) but also some other British NA maps. I will check every map and publish the results here.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-07-2012, 17:07:21 »
I think I found the "weapon" which causes CTDs. Guess what? It's British bandages. On vanilla 2.45 I can play not more than one full round on Alam Halfa before it CTDs with the error described by Ksl94. But with disabled bandages I managed to play 3 rounds in a row without crashing.

How to disable bandages for AI:
  • Unpack ...\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\objects_weapons_server.zip to some temporary empty folder.
  • In the temporary folder locate subfolder ...\Weapons\Handheld\equipment\Dressing_GB
  • Open with any text editor all 3 tweak files in there (dressing_gb.tweak, dressing_gb-8-i4.tweak and dressing_gb-nco.tweak) and delete a line which begins with "ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate" text.
  • Zip you temporary folder back and replace objects_weapons_server.zip in ...\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\. I strongly recommend backing up objects_weapons_server.zip before replacing it, as I can't guarantee that this fix won't bring any trouble with multiplayer (it should not, but...).
« Last Edit: 30-07-2012, 18:07:16 by gavrant »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30-07-2012, 19:07:48 »
Odd.

If there is one round that never CTDs, its Alam Halfa. But will take a 2nd look at it.
It makes sense. like the floodlights and flares, its one of those things not actually coded to be used in SP.

I wonder if it explains the pistoliers standing around too.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30-07-2012, 21:07:30 »
Djinn, I tested the trick with bandages on small Alam Halfa, where close combat (and CTDs) is far more common than on huge Alam Halfa. Can't say anything about pistoliers, because I've replaced tanker kits with engineer ones to prevent bots from roaming around the desert only with pistols in hand.

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04-08-2012, 00:08:25 »
Guys, don't know if this was reported already but something's wrong with the moveable AT-gun hitboxes. The "driver" of the AT-gun (the one standing erect and 'walking' it) will not be killed by anthing but a grenade/explosive. I've seen it multiple times that a bot walking an AT-gun just rushes (they go surprisingly fast) through a hail of fire, just passing by multiple tanks etc. and being able to reach and cap a flag behind the lines. it's impossible to hit these guys with regular rounds, be it regular tank-rounds, bullets or bayonets at point-blank, only a well-aimed grenade will do the job.

Sure way to reproduce: start a coop round on Battle of Keren, play as Brits and only cap the upper first flag, then wait for the counterattack (usually two tanks, followed by a kamikaze AT-gun, infantry depending on bot-count, I mostly play between around 20 and 32).

Offline vonsepp

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05-08-2012, 00:08:28 »
Found the same thing on all the maps I've played,can't kill the player when there pushing the gun's,single player and coop that is,gotta either grenade him or get with a near by cannon if there's one around that is!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-08-2012, 10:08:21 »
Bots on Alam Halfa 16 still go through the red-out map parts. Perhaps, they are still using the default 64-size navmesh.