Author Topic: Operation Supercharge 64  (Read 25648 times)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
Re: Operation Supercharge 64
« Reply #30 on: 05-10-2012, 00:10:40 »
I with LuckyOne, the bishops are really tough to use and the British support fire really suffers. This could be balanced out with one Bishop and one 25lber or adding a mortar kit to main.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05-10-2012, 11:10:34 »
The map is updated already for the next patch. Allied won't have to control all three flags to lock the sector, only the 2 southern flags. Spawnpoints also have been moved / re-arranged a bit to make those flags easier to take.

I don't see the point of adding more bombs and arty though, all it leads to is either Teamkills, or that allies just bombs a lot on the flagzones and then have to run fast in and capture it. I rather see an actual tank/ Inf combined fight over the zones, instead of "run in fast and grey the flag before they respawn"...
In my opinion that's a little bit like "hiding" your balance problems.. you make a flag too hard to capture so you're forced to give the attacker a way of killing everyone fast so they can run in and insta-grab the flag, instead of having a real fight over it.
« Last Edit: 05-10-2012, 11:10:44 by Natty »

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05-10-2012, 21:10:53 »
Changing the flag caps for the sector will be a major improvement, thanks for that Natty.

I also see what you're saying about the added firepower, but I think at least a mortar would be an improvement in capturing the southern-most flag. Simply as a way to suppress the defenders on the hill. I don't think it's quite as much a "kill everyone and rush thing," but more a way to give the tanks a way to get up the hill/the infantry a chance to advance along the ridge. There are plenty of bunkers and trenches at the flag for them to hide in, which will add to the survivability aspect.

Currently, the fight for the two southern flags is very difficult, and quite honestly supremely fun. The terrain and approach forces a coordinated tank/infantry assult which I LOVE. It requires some members of the British team to post tanks on AT duty guarding against panzers attacking from the northwest, someone in the mobile AA to guard against stukas, tanks to pin the enemy infantry on the hills down, and avenues of attack for British assult infantry to either cover the tanks advance or go for the capture zone all culminating in climactic hand to hand fighting in the bunkers/trenches to take the flag! Whereas for the German team, there are very useful choke points to lay mines down, plenty of cover to keep your head down against the British onslaught, supporting tanks and planes coming in from the northwest, and the sworn duty to hold out as long as possible to give your team the chance to win or attempt to relieve your encircled countrymen! Brits: clear the flanks and advance on. Germans: build up the defenses and hold out as long as possible. If you love attacking, this is a great map. If you love defending, it is equally as epic. Fantastic map design.

I LOVE the atmosphere of the fighting on this map! ;D Suggestion: this needs to be recreated on more. 8)
« Last Edit: 05-10-2012, 21:10:46 by TASSER »
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05-10-2012, 22:10:28 »
Very good description, TASSER. This is why I always mention this flag in threads like "What is the best flag in FH2 to fight over?", at least in a top 3 ranking :)

Let's hope Supercharge plays out better with the sector diminished.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-11-2012, 18:11:44 »
If you could add some more transport vehicles like the SAS Willys or the Chewy, or just decrease the spawn time. People wait for it to spawn all the time. Also remove one Bishop, and add one Churchill, that would be nice. The second Bishop is useless.  :)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-04-2014, 17:04:23 »
2.46 changelog for Supercharge 64

• Removed the sector push on the first 3 flags. Instead, the Allies still need to hold all 3 flags before moving farther, but the side flags - Tell el Eisa and Tell el Aqqaqir - get locked as soon as both are captured by the British.

Minimap for reference:

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08-08-2014, 18:08:29 »
for 4 years i never seen brits win this map same reason with point du hoc 32 try to capturing single flag is very hard

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09-03-2015, 13:03:42 »
Where can i find Stuard tank on this map?It is not in main on begining so I asume it shows up later after some flags are captured?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10-03-2015, 23:03:44 »
I don't think there's a Stuart tank on this map at all.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11-03-2015, 05:03:04 »
Stuart is on 16p.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11-03-2015, 10:03:06 »
Thanks but why it is not from beginnig?It would be nice.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Kinryu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28-08-2015, 22:08:51 »
Panzer III Ausf J is stuck, moving back and forth where it spawns(?) in west Ghazal Stn. I suggest moving it slightly so the AI can figure out how to move.
« Last Edit: 28-08-2015, 22:08:50 by Kinryu »

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09-03-2016, 16:03:13 »
I'm digging up this old thread because I still never see the British come close to winning this map.  Supercharge started at 1:00 in the morning, so I think this should be a night time map. This may also increase infantry survivability.

Moved my post to suggestions.
« Last Edit: 11-03-2016, 14:03:39 by Not So Civil Engy »

Offline Marder

• Lopder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08-04-2016, 17:04:52 »
Let me suggest that this map would need some improvements. Right now is very rare if the british reach El Daba (and fighting there is amazing) because Sidi Abd el Rahman is very hard to take (maybe a bigger cap zone?). Also, if the british take Sidi, it could be uncap.

What do you think?

Offline Ronson

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18-04-2016, 22:04:11 »
Played yet another round where all the allied armour heads off to cap Sidi at the start of the round, leaving less than half the team struggling and failing to cap the southern flags. I've always loved this map for the tough challenge playing as British but it's become impossible lately.

I think just starting Sidi off as uncap might be enough to help focus the map again and encourage more people to head south and southwest to get the job done at the Tells before trying to push on.

Also perhaps pushing back the weird out-of-bounds area northwest of Tell el Aqqaqir to give British inf a chance of cover from the panzers and more scope for a flanking attack.