Author Topic: Death Parade  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
Re: Death Parade
« Reply #60 on: 29-07-2010, 12:07:16 »
Oh Oddball ,   
why so negative on such things?   
I don’t listen to techno ether, but that’s music and that’s just a matter of opinion. It was actually meant to be a big party, there is nothing wrong to go there and have some fun,  even if people there do things you do not appreciate, like drinking and listening to pointless music.  Your approach is a bit conservative, isn’t it?

And what do you meant with, “but you know the risk from history when you get involved in these things.” ?  Well as I said you can never be total save, there is no total security.  Well 21 dead people out of a million ,  that’s something roundabout 0.0021%.  To get your point,  if pupils get killed in school because of a school massacre,  they are not to regret because they knew from history the risk when they get involved in things like school? 
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29-07-2010, 14:07:12 »
...  To get your point,  if pupils get killed in school because of a school massacre,  they are not to regret because they knew from history the risk when they get involved in things like school? 

Oh come, that is the worst comparison to date.
In the case of a school shooting the victims don't play any active part.
On a festival, you actively go there end even get yourself into the toughest crowd.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 29-07-2010, 20:07:13 »
lol where is the love guys?
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 29-07-2010, 20:07:45 »
I meant that, they (the people who go to the festivals), according to a number of people on this forum, know that stampedes typically happen when you throw a mass amount of people in a close quarters. Besides, Unlike school massacres, where the kids have to go to school [without choice], these people choose to go the festival.

Besides, now that you mention it; I always wondered why "school shooters" never got more resistance. Think about: You have one guy, with a handgun and low compacity magazine or two... anyone who is street smart could take advantage of this. There are what, usually 10-25 kids in a classroom? Against 1 gun man who will eventually need to reload. Your telling me that many pupils couldn't organize a successful ambush against 1 armed man. Jump him from behind the door with a pen/pencil/pair of scissors. and stab him in the juggular why you have another student/teacher neutralize the handgun. Build barricaded with tables and desk, whatever you have. Even if you end up losing one student, least he died fighting -which is much more honorable than to die sitting in a corner crying... and it's better than losing 10, 20, 30 or more.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 29-07-2010, 20:07:16 »
Could be because children are typically not very smart nor perfectly trained in close quarters combat.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29-07-2010, 21:07:29 »
Could be because children are typically not very smart nor perfectly trained in close quarters combat.
TBH, nobody is trained PERFECTLY in CQB.... ;)

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29-07-2010, 21:07:36 »
it's obamas fault.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29-07-2010, 22:07:22 »
TBH, nobody is trained PERFECTLY in CQB.... ;)

Of course, I am.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29-07-2010, 22:07:44 »
it's obamas fault.
I had that sneaking suspision, too.... although i'm supprises it's not Bush's fault. Everyone seems to have a fine time blaming everything on him.

@ Ts4EVER, I always thought so.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29-07-2010, 22:07:47 »
Yeah but if a maniac came running into one of my classes I'd probably not stop him. Instead I'd be pointing out the unruly students for him.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 29-07-2010, 22:07:10 »
Besides, now that you mention it; I always wondered why "school shooters" never got more resistance. Think about: You have one guy, with a handgun and low compacity magazine or two... anyone who is street smart could take advantage of this. There are what, usually 10-25 kids in a classroom? Against 1 gun man who will eventually need to reload. Your telling me that many pupils couldn't organize a successful ambush against 1 armed man. Jump him from behind the door with a pen/pencil/pair of scissors. and stab him in the juggular why you have another student/teacher neutralize the handgun. Build barricaded with tables and desk, whatever you have. Even if you end up losing one student, least he died fighting -which is much more honorable than to die sitting in a corner crying... and it's better than losing 10, 20, 30 or more.

Are you kidding me? It's not like anyone is prepared for such thing. You sit at your desk waiting for the class to end when a psycho enters the room and starts shooting people. I don't know how US build schools but over here we don't have doors in the middle of a class. Mostly it's in the corner and not so close to where students sit. So after that happens, most people are in the shock and their instincts take over - run the fuck away from danger. Everything happens too fast for a normal person to comprehend not to even mention act against.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29-07-2010, 23:07:03 »

Are you kidding me? It's not like anyone is prepared for such thing. You sit at your desk waiting for the class to end when a psycho enters the room and starts shooting people. I don't know how US build schools but over here we don't have doors in the middle of a class. Mostly it's in the corner and not so close to where students sit. So after that happens, most people are in the shock and their instincts take over - run the fuck away from danger. Everything happens too fast for a normal person to comprehend not to even mention act against.
That's where it's important to stay cool under pressure, having everyone running around screaming is rediculous. It just makes the situation more choatic and confussing. In a confrontation in a situation like that, It's all about survival, adrenaline kicks in and it's fight or...yes...for most, unfortunately flight. In the United States, as far as i'm aware all classroom have doors/doorways, allyways, which would make a counter-attack very plausible for other classrooms once they figure out what the approxamate where-a-bouts of the gun-man.
« Last Edit: 30-07-2010, 03:07:14 by Oddball »

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 30-07-2010, 02:07:51 »
O.....$%^&* its obviously one of the human race its flaws and Oddball never been to a bigger party. Whats all the fuzz about.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 30-07-2010, 03:07:27 »
O.....$%^&* its obviously one of the human race its flaws and Oddball never been to a bigger party. Whats all the fuzz about.
Hehe, I've been to parties that I've thought were big but apparently if it doesn't exceed 1 million people, it doesn't quite qualify as a big party. I don't think my town even has 1 Million people in it... 1 million people that's not a party, that's an invasion force, or about how many Mexicans jump the border in a good year! The only difference is that an invasion force and Mexicans disperse themselves.
« Last Edit: 30-07-2010, 03:07:46 by Oddball »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 30-07-2010, 12:07:13 »

That's where it's important to stay cool under pressure, having everyone running around screaming is rediculous. It just makes the situation more choatic and confussing. In a confrontation in a situation like that, It's all about survival, adrenaline kicks in and it's fight or...yes...for most, unfortunately flight. In the United States, as far as i'm aware all classroom have doors/doorways, allyways, which would make a counter-attack very plausible for other classrooms once they figure out what the approxamate where-a-bouts of the gun-man.

You know what would be cool, Oddbal. If you post an own made movies about how to survive an gun attack in a classroom.
I can see it now, you kick down a table for cover, tell the other co-actors to suppress the gunmen with pencils and paper planes, while you flank and stab him in the juggler
 Post it on Youtube, it will become the latest hype and please add some links to FH2, we need the PR.  ;D

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)