Author Topic: Italy on the Eastern front  (Read 897 times)

Offline LazMan12

• View Profile
Italy on the Eastern front
« on: 27-10-2014, 20:10:16 »
  A substantial Italian force fought on the Eastern front, aiding their german allies.
I was wondering if some italian maps could make their way in the new update. The italian faction is allready present with all the needed equipment- light arms, the cute AT gun, arty, AA, trucks, the L6/40, Semovente L40, Fiat Sahariana, Macchi C.200, which they all used there. I know there is still tons of work with the maps and probably new skins for the soldiers will be needed as well and the devs are already bussy enough, but I thought it would be cool to see Italy fight a new foe and try to deal with some soviet monstrosities, like the T-34.

Another thing I like to suggest is giving the Carcano Model 91/38 to some finnish troops, like engineers or pick-up "ammoman" kits, since they were issued mostly to second line or non-combat troops by 1942-43.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Italy on the Eastern front
« Reply #1 on: 27-10-2014, 20:10:26 »
I'd love to fight Fiat's in a KV-1.  :)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-10-2014, 20:10:24 »
Main issue is that the Italians only really served there in 1941 and 1942, and then were pulled out after Stalingrad.  As the devs have not built an early war Russian army (which would mean a whole slew of tanks, weaponry, and most importantly, unique static and player models, you'd basically be asking them to create an entire army for a couple maps.  The ostfront focus is currently focused solely on late 1943 and 1944 maps, so don't expect to see Italians.
« Last Edit: 28-10-2014, 17:10:22 by VonMudra »

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-10-2014, 21:10:27 »
Nice suggestion, but I would love to see Romania and Hungary before we see Italians.

As VonMudra said, the devs are a bit limited on manpower so don't expect to see these countries any time soon (if ever). ;)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-10-2014, 14:10:26 »
I would like to see Eastern Front first for 4-5 months.At least EF.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-10-2014, 16:10:57 »
I would like to see Eastern Front first for 4-5 months.At least EF.

You mean Operation Barbarossa? Yes, definitely I would like to see that front sometime. ;)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-11-2014, 11:11:52 »
Unfortunatly it's much harder to come by info for Italian battles, there are a few pages that are in italian and not much in the way of maps/pictures. Then there is the big problem of how to make the map playable with the inferior italian EQ, especially AT/tanks.