Author Topic: [Vehicle] Fiat CV-35 - input, etc  (Read 7629 times)

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
Re: [Vehicle] Fiat CV-35 - input, etc
« Reply #75 on: 13-11-2014, 08:11:53 »
Most (I think all?) tanks have 2048x1024px texture templates in FH2.

Although, I think experimenting with a 1024x1024 would be fine depending on how you uv pack it, meaning, details might get squished.

I've opted for the 2048x1024 (though my previous attempts have all been 1024x1024). I don't expect too much of a difference.

One question: I've placed the shafts for the wheels/suspension as best as I could - are the shafts necessary (i.e. can they be added later)? or, is it possible to leave them out entirely? (or, can they be in the wheel/suspension file?)

----

My apologies if I've team-killed you.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 14-11-2014, 17:11:57 »
The suspension normally is attached to the main body.

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 17-11-2014, 21:11:02 »
The suspension normally is attached to the main body.

Okay, just to clarify: everything but the wheels is in the same 3DS file? Or is everything in the 3DS file, but there's just one of each wheel?

I'll post an image of the arrangement of the parts (as you indicate) in the file after you respond.

I originally thought that the suspension and wheels was a separate 3DS file and a separate UV map.

Some days I think I should have started with a box or something...  ;D ;D ;D

----

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 17-11-2014, 21:11:02 »
Everything can be in the same 3ds file yes. You can just select which parts are exported separately.

About UV. Yeah, wheels are often on it's own texture if that's what you mean.

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19-11-2014, 10:11:19 »
Everything can be in the same 3ds file yes. You can just select which parts are exported separately.

About UV. Yeah, wheels are often on it's own texture if that's what you mean.

Okay, so then the model isn't quite right then:

So the suspension parts should be attached to the model and the wheels (one of each?) should be off to the side.

Does the suspension move at all in-game?

I'll have a screenshot with the way I think you're saying it should be up tomorrow (or today, depending on timezone  :))

Thanks again for the clarification.

----

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 20-11-2014, 09:11:35 »

Should the suspension be attached to the shafts? Or can it be off to the side?

If the texture/UV map for the suspension and wheels is separate, do I just ignore the suspension and wheel parts while doing the main UV map?

----

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 20-11-2014, 21:11:21 »
Suspension is attached to the main model, only wheels and tracks have another texture.

Did you ever check out a FH2 Vehicle and its textures? This would have been an clever idea, because you would have seen how we did it.

You could even texture everything on one texture, if it comes to modeling it´s not important how you do it.
If it comes to how we did it, it´s mainbody on one texture, wheels and tracks on another.
« Last Edit: 20-11-2014, 21:11:28 by Krätzer »

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 20-11-2014, 21:11:30 »
Suspension is attached to the main model, only wheels and tracks have another texture.

Did you ever check out a FH2 Vehicle and its textures? This would have been an clever idea, because you would have seen how we did it.

You could even texture everything on one texture, if it comes to modeling it´s not important how you do it.
If it comes to how we did it, it´s mainbody on one texture, wheels and tracks on another.

Okay, thanks.

I did check out a few textures a while back from the Shermans - I don't have the greatest memory, so I was probably getting confused. (I probably should have just checked again  :-[.)

One final question before I get started on the actual UV map (finally) - do wheels go into the same 3DS file (as the model), or are they in a separate 3DS file? If the same file, do I just ignore the wheels when doing the main UV map, or is there another way?

Thanks again for your help.

----

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 20-11-2014, 21:11:55 »
The whole model is in the same file.
You just have different meshes for your textures.

You could even put everything on one texture, and it would still be working in Bf2.
Like i did for Rising Storm, but this was a static anyway.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 22-11-2014, 11:11:12 »

3) How am I to take care of engine sounds, machine gun sounds, etc? The engine isn't used in any other FH2 vehicle, and neither is the machine gun typically found in it.

I just saw this now, looks bloody brilliant. But as far as I understand, its the same dual 8mm as on the tanks M11/39 & M13/40. However there were 2 more variants, one with a Solothurn 20mm AT gun (seen on the photo from Bardia) and a version with a Brixia 45mm mortar attached to the side, pretty strange..

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 23-11-2014, 09:11:19 »
The whole model is in the same file.
You just have different meshes for your textures.

You could even put everything on one texture, and it would still be working in Bf2.
Like i did for Rising Storm, but this was a static anyway.

Excellent, thanks for the clarification.

I'm still new to this - the number of questions from me should go down over time  :) :P

----

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 23-11-2014, 09:11:24 »

3) How am I to take care of engine sounds, machine gun sounds, etc? The engine isn't used in any other FH2 vehicle, and neither is the machine gun typically found in it.

I just saw this now, looks bloody brilliant. But as far as I understand, its the same dual 8mm as on the tanks M11/39 & M13/40. However there were 2 more variants, one with a Solothurn 20mm AT gun (seen on the photo from Bardia) and a version with a Brixia 45mm mortar attached to the side, pretty strange..

Thanks  :)

Yeah, there are a lot of variants for the CV-35. Even numerous variations amongst variants. It's annoying at times, but it can be fun too, tracking down esoteric information.  ;D

I'll be making (probably slowly) these three: dual 8mm MG (the one you've seen in this thread), the Solothurn one, and the flamethrower one (I think the designations for all three are listed in this thread).

----

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 23-11-2014, 12:11:33 »
That seems sufficient ;) What I didn't quite get from wikipedia was if the L3/38 was solely for export or not

Offline NotOnymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 06-12-2014, 21:12:08 »
Just as an update - I'm still working on the CV-35. I've gotten busy lately, so I'm delayed, again.

I've added handles, vents, the two rear hooks, and a couple of other details. I hope to have something on here in a couple of days.

----

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 23-12-2014, 19:12:03 »
progress?