Author Topic: Historical Texture/Sound  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Mr.D

• View Profile
Historical Texture/Sound
« on: 12-08-2014, 00:08:46 »
Hello. I don't post here often but i'm trying to find something. I remember back in i think 2004 some guy named Mr.Cheese released a really nice texture/sound pack for Fh1.

I don't care too much for sound, but the textures were very nice and the swastika instead of the current one was very nice as well.

Google gave me nothing, but I am wondering if there is something similar somebody has done for Fh2?

thanks
« Last Edit: 12-08-2014, 00:08:13 by Mr.D »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Historical Texture/Sound
« Reply #1 on: 12-08-2014, 00:08:33 »
This is the best one I know of ;)
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19770.0

Mr. Cheese's sound and texture pack is what inspired me to start doing this one and putting historical markings on all the vehicles. Unfortunately the process of redoing vehicles is a lengthy process, so there's only a few that I've done. Expect more vehicles to come tho :)

As for swastikas. I think I posted a dl link for my swastika textures somewhere before. I can post them here if you want. They only change the flags, nothing on the vehicles is changed.
« Last Edit: 12-08-2014, 06:08:05 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Mr.D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-08-2014, 01:08:00 »
Wow this is excellent man i'm gonna apply this to my game.

Would you mind to show me the swastika flag dl?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-08-2014, 01:08:53 »
Please post the link to the other stuff. Actually for the sake of Swastikas, please PM me as i don't want to violate the forum rules on such things, but I would like the correct skins for stuff.

Thanks.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-08-2014, 02:08:32 »
I won't be near my files till I get home tomorrow but I'll post them up then.

As for forum rules; does it violate anything if I just post the link in this thread w/o pictures? If so I'll PM it

Offline Mr.D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-08-2014, 02:08:25 »
I don't see a problem with linking something that is game related.

Thanks btw! should look awesome and love your skins.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-08-2014, 04:08:30 »
I never understood why people get so worked up on getting custom skins with swastikas.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-08-2014, 07:08:20 »
This should be all of them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23gjtk59lhh76kj/Matt_Baker%27s_German_Flags.rar

This texture pack is not much. It just replaces all of the German flags in game and on the scoreboard and hud. No vehicles are changed. The texture just basically removes the 'Balkenkreuz' from the current German flag and replaces it with a swastika.

The file names and where they're located are in the read-me.

Note: This WILL replace your old German flag textures. You can back them up in a different folder, or I believe if you want to ever revert back to the originals you can always 'repair' your FH2 from the launcher.

Swastika Note: Idk much about foreign media laws, but I do know that some countries have laws that ban the image of the swastika in most forms of media and games. If your country is one of these, than I hope you're smart enough to realize that what you're downloading contains swastikas :P

I do know that forum rules prohibit 'pictures' of swastikas but afaik it doesn't prohibit linking something like this that's game related. I've had a few people PM me about this before so I decided it'd be easier to link it here for anyone who wants to download it freely. If the forum moderators have anything against this let me know, just take it down and everyone else can PM me for the textures.

Enjoy :)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-08-2014, 10:08:53 »
I just looked it up, according to the german law already the distribution is illegal. We might can argue, that the law originally only ment "physical" distribution, so maybe the digital copy might not be affected. But I wouldn't count on it. You might also can argue, that it is infact for educational or artistic reason, but it is only still a game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a

As this is a german server, I guess you have to delete this post.

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-08-2014, 10:08:54 »
Many precedents have been set declaring video games as non-educational and non-artistic.
That's why all video games in their german versions have to have swastikas removed.
And as this server is hosted in Germany you can get the hoster into trouble by just supplying the download link here. So don't put it into public posts please.

I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-08-2014, 13:08:07 »

G-guys? Can I into illegal? I still have the highscore!

Anyhoo, I snatched it and will try the pack later. Thanks Baker.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-08-2014, 13:08:51 »
Ditto. Thanks Matthew_Baker

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-08-2014, 16:08:12 »
I don't think I can delete my own posts. But if what you guys are saying is the case, then a moderator can delete the post and you can all PM me. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble; just trying to share the textures.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-08-2014, 16:08:46 »
Grabbed. Will I be able to use this in MP?

Also, why in the offtopic section it is allowed to post links to pictures containing swastikas (not the pics themselves, I get it, German hosting) but this would be forbidden? I'd like to hear an admin ruling instead of user moderation.

Regarding "enthusiasm", one cannot undo history by whitewashing it. For me, personally, Germany's self-loathing swastikaphobia is just stupid censorship. Implying that a mere symbol would encourage people to genocidal thoughts.... just no. If a flag at the time contained a symbol of evil ideology, there is no reason not to show it (abroad where law allows it) where relevant (I'm not wanting a shoulder patch to wear, I'm wanting to see a real flag instead of an imaginary one during WW2). Deliberate inaccuracy serves no purpose.

inb4 Nazis caused so much suffering so it's bad to show their symbol even in historical context, well, let's ban the Communist symbols too and any other symbol associated with wrongdoings and let's not learn from history.
« Last Edit: 12-08-2014, 16:08:02 by Kelmola »

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-08-2014, 17:08:28 »
Censorship is ridiculous I agree but that's not what I meant before. For me getting all swastikas and what not into the game just feels too political. Don't know how to explain it but it draws my attention from warfare into ideological bullshit. Might as well put an option to kill civilians after capturing a flag etc. But I guess some people look at it differently. / offtopic