Author Topic: teamkill with anti-personal mines  (Read 2862 times)

Offline colores

• View Profile
teamkill with anti-personal mines
« on: 15-04-2012, 04:04:18 »
Just a suggestion, or maybe there is a reason and someone explain it to me.
When I place a anti personal landmine on defensive location and a teammate steps on and dies, I own -2 points from my score.
I think it's unfair that I pay for it (or only me). My teammate should be more careful and in this case should at least share the blame. Some players step on land mines on purpose to hurt score of other player's or only for annoy.
I propose that instead of subtracting two points to the owner of the mine, subtract one point each, or just to the careless player.

Thanks for read my bad english!  ;)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
Re: teamkill with anti-personal mines
« Reply #1 on: 15-04-2012, 07:04:11 »
I know AT mines have been discussed quite a bit, but I don't think shared TK penalty has been brought up. I think it makes a lot of sense though. As you mentioned it would persuade people to be more careful and probably increase the mines effectiveness in the game, given you don't have to worry as much about blowing a teammate up.

I know someone's going to say "why should I be penalized for stepping on a teammates mines? That's not fair." Well I think it's everyone's responsibility to have their 3D map on and be aware of what teammates are doing, because it's not fair to the guys placing the mines if someone goes blatantly skipping through their minefield and ruining their defensive plan.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-04-2012, 09:04:48 »
I actually like this. I would maybe still keep the TK penalty for teamkiller as it is, because on the other hand there are idiots that can go for teamkill rampage. Placing mines in mainbase and killing teammates for example, not really something I would "forgive" because people were stupid to step on them. Just put -1 or -2 for guy who stepped on it.

Btw, teamkilling is -2 only if you play on server that has forgive/punish system on. Server that doesn't have forgive option, it's automatically -4.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-04-2012, 13:04:19 »
Interesting idea indeed. I think a penalty for the on stepping into the mine shouldnt be higher as -1 though, since stupidly placed mines are not the uncommon.

A ratio of -1 or the guy stepping into the mine and -1 or -2 for the one placing it would be okay. I d prefer less penalty, because sometimes I miss the 3D map markers because I am focued onsomething else.

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-04-2012, 14:04:00 »
I have seen in rounds that the 3d map just dissapeers at start of next round, is this a bug?
Other could be that you accedentely press the alt button, then I would suggest to replace it to another button where you don't come close too when playing.

If you want to know if your 3d map is on you can test if you see an icon near one flagobjective.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-04-2012, 16:04:31 »
3D map is for people with no battlefield awareness 8). All for shared TK penalty though, not just for AP mines either. Would make a great change in public servers I think, worth all efforts.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-04-2012, 20:04:44 »
Well I don't know about all TK's sharing points loss. For things like getting killed by your own artillery that would get pretty absurd if you lose points for that. That's not to say there are still idiots who run into their own team's artillery barrages, but generally if you're TK'd by a friendly howitzer there's little you could have done to avoid it. Whereas the AP mines are pretty easy to dodge.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-04-2012, 20:04:15 »
The shared TK -points are only for AP mines.

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-04-2012, 20:04:14 »
I support this

Was playing giarabub and there were friendly s-mines everywhere and 3/4 of our squad were proning through a hot-area and a team-mate decides to  sprint through and wipe us out

Guy who placed mines got a huge dent on his score

And he had been team-chatting throughout the round saying constantly "There are S-mines at Village.  Make sure 3d map is on so you see them.  Tread carefully"

Strangely enough it was one guy who kept getting TK'd by S-mines and bought this other guys score down dramatically

If both got punished it would be a lot more incentive to watch where you tread (having been on both ends of the stick as well - have set off my fair share of friendly S-mines)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-04-2012, 23:04:40 »
Strangely enough it was one guy who kept getting TK'd by S-mines and bought this other guys score down dramatically

I have seen people who stubbornly run into mines. When asked "did you not see them?", they answer that they are going to run into them as long as they are placed there. This happened on giarabub too and those mines were not blocking any routes completely, there were mine free routes around for teammates.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-07-2012, 23:07:45 »
 Will the 3D Map system be fixed in the next patch 2.45?

???

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-07-2012, 01:07:56 »
My own personal idea would be to simply keep things as they are, yet booby trap the TK punish option so that if you choose to punish someone when you walk over their mine you get kicked as soon as you hit Page Down, but I like this idea too :D. I fully support this being implemented, and I'd set it as -2 for walking over a friendly mine. Might be a bit harsh but as far as I'm concerned, not knowing about your 3D map is something every single person should be done with the first time they ever walk over a friendly mine. End of story. You do that, and someone will say (usually the person you just score-fucked) TURN ON YOUR 3D MAP MAN LEFT ALT LEFT ALT. Now you know, and as far as I'm concerned anyone who's played for more than a week and doesn't know how to turn their 3D map on (and remember, you see people being told this multiple times in every round of public play) deserves the punishment until they smarten up. As for the person who laid the mine, I would be fine with 0 points, -1 or -2. Depending on the situation, all three of those could be the most reasonable outcome.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-07-2012, 05:07:38 »
Just display them on 3d for teammates, a red dot or something, but if they step too close, they of course, die.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-07-2012, 17:07:24 »
Will the 3D Map system be fixed in the next patch 2.45?

???

What should be fixed?

Offline oddball_the_maggot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04-07-2012, 18:07:44 »
Just enable 3D map and thats fixed. THEN if people keeps going on the mines they should get full penalty