Author Topic: Grb 39  (Read 3005 times)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Grb 39
« on: 26-02-2010, 20:02:13 »
Starting in 1942, remaining PzB 39 rifles were rebuilt with a shortened barrel (590 mm) and an affixed Schiessbecher ("firing cup") attachment threaded to the barrel and used to launch standard rifle grenades. The cup was the standard type used with the ubiquitous Kar 98k infantry rifle and the ammunition was also interchangeable; there were three types of grenades: an anti-personnel grenade, a light anti-tank grenade and a large-diameter anti-tank grenade. The grenades were propelled by a special cartridge with a wood bullet. The rifle was also outfitted with a special sighting arrangement for firing up to 150 m and the wooden forend was removed. These converted rifles received the designation Granatbüchse Modell 39 (GrB 39) and remained in use until the end of the war.

http://www.antitank.co.uk/german1.htm
http://www.gunpics.net/german/grb39/grb39.html

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grb 39
« Reply #1 on: 26-02-2010, 21:02:21 »
Haha, I actually suggested this to Kev over msn a couple weeks ago.  I'd love to see it ingame <3  ;D

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-02-2010, 22:02:35 »
Nice idea. Specially as it only needs remodelling exicting weapon. I just can imagine how awfully slow that is to fire.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #3 on: 27-02-2010, 02:02:39 »
Infantry will no more be afraid of tanks, anymore. I actually seen that in a game/video/movie 3-4 months ago. I know they made those, the one that I've seen is a Russian variant. Oh yeah, I installed a WAAAY old game, Axis & Allies and in an AT Infantry regiment u had those.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-02-2010, 04:02:08 »
Infantry will no more be afraid of tanks, anymore. I actually seen that in a game/video/movie 3-4 months ago. I know they made those, the one that I've seen is a Russian variant. Oh yeah, I installed a WAAAY old game, Axis & Allies and in an AT Infantry regiment u had those.
Axis and allies isn't that old. iirc, it came out in 2005, the same year battlefield 2 came out

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-02-2010, 04:02:27 »
Its simple radman.  For starters, it would have an incredibly long reload, its basically a cut down and modified Pzg39.  So one would have to both muzzle load the grenade, AND load the blank charge.  Then, it only has a range of about 150 meters.  Then, its rare enough that it would be about as common a pick up kit as a sniper.  It would have to be prone only to fire.  So no, it would not be spammed at all against tanks.  Its advantage over rocket launchers would be same as the AT rifle, no visible trail to see where the shot came from, and more accurate.  Disadvantages would be the prone only reload, weaker heat shells, and very slow reload time.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #6 on: 27-02-2010, 04:02:09 »
Axis and allies isn't that old. iirc, it came out in 2005, the same year battlefield 2 came out
Well graphically it isn't that updated. I mean it looks a bit like AoE 2, so 2 speak. But those graphics have nothing 2 do with Gameplay. Greatly constructed.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #7 on: 27-02-2010, 04:02:54 »
Its simple radman.  For starters, it would have an incredibly long reload, its basically a cut down and modified Pzg39.  So one would have to both muzzle load the grenade, AND load the blank charge.  Then, it only has a range of about 150 meters.  Then, its rare enough that it would be about as common a pick up kit as a sniper.  It would have to be prone only to fire.  So no, it would not be spammed at all against tanks.  Its advantage over rocket launchers would be same as the AT rifle, no visible trail to see where the shot came from, and more accurate.  Disadvantages would be the prone only reload, weaker heat shells, and very slow reload time.
Well in A&A they were using it as a PanzerFaust. Single shot. Or am I just shooting bulldogs?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-02-2010, 06:02:44 »
A&A isn't realistic in the slightest, now is it. ;)

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #9 on: 27-02-2010, 06:02:17 »
Well it's realistic in the part that it has regiments and not single units. And u need fuel along ammo and supplies. Airfields have planes that can defend a base alongside support for bombing runs.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-02-2010, 07:02:10 »
Yes, but none is realistically done.

Either way, this thread isn't about A&A, its about the Grb39.  So yes, it has been brought to the attention of the devs...we'll just have to see if it ever makes it ingame :P

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-02-2010, 23:02:15 »
/Supported

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #12 on: 27-02-2010, 23:02:20 »
I want riflenade cups for the M91 carcano before this :)

But I'd never say no to it either ;)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28-02-2010, 00:02:12 »
Axis and allies was pretty fun, tho.  :P

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28-02-2010, 02:02:08 »
Axis and allies was pretty fun, tho.  :P
Wish I owned the whole version, not just the demo. And its graphics are better that AOE2

But yeah, I support this idea, it seems interesting.