Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117433 times)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #600 on: 07-08-2013, 18:08:50 »
Aircraft price reduced by 30% COME THE FUCK ON! Not even half a day ago I went on a shopping spree and I'm completely broke now.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 07-08-2013, 22:08:12 »
All those upgrades increase repair cost. This raises the question: How does the repair work? You can skill crew-points on the repair-rank of the aircraft. So if I have a level 9 aircraft the skill should be level 9. And then what? How often do I get a free repair then? How does the repair-rank work together with the repair-speed skill? Does it require me to not play for some hours or what?
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 07-08-2013, 23:08:19 »
I've heard that it's not worthy to invest in repair skill, but it was before last patch, don't know if they changed sth with it...

Btw, game servers stopped, over 150 players only for 1 faction on 6-7 tier... And waiting for a game already for more than 5 minutes (arcade)...  ::)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 08-08-2013, 01:08:22 »
started playing brits like a week ago after quite long hiatus (mainly Spits Mk IX and XVI), but with the .33 patch I can forget about them again because... GUNPODS. as if the F4 wasn't good enough before, after a day full of brit losses, I decided to give the Germans a go and voila! except for I think 1 game everything else was wins and the last two games I had 6 and 5 kills per game

it is true they hinder performance a bit but once you BnZ ANYTHING (be it a bomber, P47, even the mighty stalinwood succumbs to ze powa of the deadly trio), it is DEAD no matter how bad you are. it doesn't even matter if you're alone up against 5 (random) guys, just pick them one by one and there's another win.. god and ppl are whining about the mark IX ::)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 08-08-2013, 01:08:11 »
Well, bf109 with its added cannons turns really slow, I have impression that it turns slower than Beaufighter... So I really think of turning back to 1 cannon in order to turn faster...

Unfortunately, 37mm single round can still cut off bombers wing and bombers gunners still cant hit anything. So I really think of getting read of bombers at all and fly only with fighters, because bombers are simply useless...

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 08-08-2013, 01:08:46 »
You have to be pretty bad to say bombers are useless. But uh, good luck with the fighters.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 08-08-2013, 02:08:12 »
I have the new pods for the F4, and I tell you, it's really a preformance boost. Still, it doesn't solve the turning problem.

But the issue here is that I regularly get 5-6 kills per plane when I play Brits (Spit Mk.I, Hurri Mk.I and Mk.II), and just started getting 4+ with the modded F4, F4 Trop and E3 still have some trouble getting the number up.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 08-08-2013, 08:08:53 »
I've heard that it's not worthy to invest in repair skill, but it was before last patch, don't know if they changed sth with it...

Btw, game servers stopped, over 150 players only for 1 faction on 6-7 tier... And waiting for a game already for more than 5 minutes (arcade)...  ::)

One of my crews has 90 repair skill, I don't know the effect in the hanger but when i land a heavily damaged aircraft in HB i am taking off again about 6 seconds after landing. Same with the reloading. That was before the patch.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 08-08-2013, 12:08:00 »
Game ruined, kthxbye!

Seriously this game is turning into such a chore with all the upgrading and stuff... And they nerfed my A 20 with the removal of bombsights and now it turns slower. I am not amused!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 08-08-2013, 12:08:48 »
One of my crews has 90 repair skill, I don't know the effect in the hanger but when i land a heavily damaged aircraft in HB i am taking off again about 6 seconds after landing. Same with the reloading. That was before the patch.
Yeah, that´s the repairskill, it´s quite useful. But what is the repairRANK for? It tells me I´m getting free repairs if it´s on the level of the aircraft-tier. How often do I get free repairs then?
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 08-08-2013, 13:08:22 »
And they nerfed my A 20 with the removal of bombsights and now it turns slower. I am not amused!

A20 never was supposed to have the bombsight in the first place, 'bout time they fixed that.

Yeah, that´s the repairskill, it´s quite useful. But what is the repairRANK for? It tells me I´m getting free repairs if it´s on the level of the aircraft-tier. How often do I get free repairs then?

if you want the repair speed bonus to work, you need to get the repair rank up to the number of the plane's tier

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 08-08-2013, 13:08:39 »

Repairrank is for the tier for the aircraft, if you set off autorepair, you get an timer where stands an time which when expended your aircraft is repaired for free, for lower tiers this is something for an few hours, and higher tiers can be up to a few days, If you increase repairspeed the timer will be lowered, but if the repairrank is not on the same rank as the aircraft is tiered then the repairspeed will have no effect in hangar (not sure if this also counts for ingame repair at airfield)

Have not reached the max of repairspeed yet but for lower tiers, full repair for free can be only 30 min instead of 3 hours, higher tiers like 12 can be lower less then 24 hours instead of 3 days.
But it seems they lowered max repaircosts and increased repairtime for free, so it is not so important anymore for saving money.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 08-08-2013, 15:08:28 »
Well, bf109 with its added cannons turns really slow, I have impression that it turns slower than Beaufighter... So I really think of turning back to 1 cannon in order to turn faster...

Unfortunately, 37mm single round can still cut off bombers wing and bombers gunners still cant hit anything. So I really think of getting read of bombers at all and fly only with fighters, because bombers are simply useless...

If you can outclimb everything it doesn't matter whether it turns shit or not. Just go boom'n'zoom and you have good chances to kill something with this weaponry. Yesterday I flew with some of my mates as americans and we got into a match with nothing but 109's, everything from F4-G6. They were all cycling above us and took down one by one of us with one strafe. Zis is simply not fun.

Corsair lost it's big big advantage - the rate of climb - so you can forget about this plane now. Matchmaking is the thing that kills the fun for me atm with this game. I don't get what they are doing? With some patches it works nicely but with some patches they just fuck up everything.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 08-08-2013, 16:08:19 »
- 3 x 20mm and the ability to actually boom and zoom targets with one attack

is way better than

- 1 x 20mm
- 1.1sec less turnrate
- 3.1m/s more climbrate
- 12km/h more

109s are awesome now! The strange thing is taht they are even better than the FW190 4-5 levels after that. The FW190 is slower and less maneuverable and can mount 4 cannons. Well three cannons are enough anyways and with the speed and climbrate of the 109 the 109 is the better aircraft.
« Last Edit: 08-08-2013, 16:08:16 by Butcher »

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 08-08-2013, 17:08:21 »
I didn't play since they released the patch, but when I read all this stuff I really don't feel like playing WT at all. I hope there will be some shitstorm on the official forums about this.